20180116_224646 (resized).jpg
GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG
GOTG Capture (resized).JPG
F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220852 (resized).jpg
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 6 years ago

I actually enjoyed it a lot more. It seemed to be more stream lined and yes....a total redesign. I do agree with the earlier person that mentioned attract modes. Neither my AS nor GOTG has it. Just curious.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Code suggestion....
Dear Stern,
when there is no mode running and you have the soundtrack music playing,
please make this screen;

look like this screen;

(bonus points for having the tape reels spin and the VU meter needles bounce)
Thanks,
EV

Quoted from bcsellie:

- added a Cassette deck as the main play background video when modes/multiballs are not playing.

Stern is listening! Thank you!

Later,
EV

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Any thoughts on the new code? It seems to be a total re design.

Orb MB is still overpowered. Modes are more fun and meaningful in terms of providing audio and visual feedback, and most are completely redesigned.
You can plunge your ball 1 into instant-multiball by playing Quill's Quest, which is now a 2-ball MB.

Cherry Bomb MB mini-wizard mode is frenetic: 6-ball timed MB.

#204 6 years ago

Wow, Stern! Thanks for the update. Don't stop now! Starting to change from shoot the flashing lights!

Achieved Cherry Bomb Multiball after completing 4 modes. What a rush. Glad you are starting to add some unique, fun concepts!

#205 6 years ago

Got to play it a couple of times after uploading it on site, last time I played it extensively was on .81 .
I am really confused as to what was going on, it kicked out 2 balls for quill's quest and I thought it was a double feed. I was about to try to find the trough power until I read the read me code doc.
I'd have to agree that it's coming along, probably the biggest amount of changes I've ever seen in a game at one time.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Orb MB is still overpowered. Modes are more fun and meaningful in terms of providing audio and visual feedback, and most are completely redesigned.
You can plunge your ball 1 into instant-multiball by playing Quill's Quest, which is now a 2-ball MB.
Cherry Bomb MB mini-wizard mode is frenetic: 6-ball timed MB.

Orb is worth a lot but same for everyone, and its a risky shot. Turn off the mode selector on plunge. It is tough to shoot the mode scoop but when forced the game is even better.

I always go for either that or the orb drop while ball save is still running

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Orb is worth a lot but same for everyone, and its a risky shot.

Orb being the same for everyone is irrelevant to the point I made: It's still far overpowered relative to the risk. Bring in 3-6 Hadron Enforcers, and you can get multiple hundreds of millions every Orb MB.

But I agree that taking out the Orb drop during ball-save is a very good move.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Bring in 3-6 Hadron Enforcers, and you can get multiple hundreds of millions every Orb MB.

Is your average player able to do this consistently? I doubt it. I think taking away the SJP HE button spot was a good play by stern though.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is your average player able to do this consistently? I doubt it. I think taking away the SJP HE button spot was a good play by stern though.

From watching young kids play GOTG at TPF, yes, your average player can start a Groot MB, and you'll typically finish up your Groot with one set of HE earned (3 of them). I agree taking away the Orb SJP via the HE button was a good idea, but that doesn't prevent a player from using them to spot 3 quick JP in Orb, which is roughly half the JP needed to qualify the Double JP, immediately followed by the Super. I think an average player can flail away during Orb MB and get 3-4 of the JP shot (they're now all lit and don't alternate with the Orb shot), and then use the HE to bat clean-up on the last 3 JP once they get down to 3 (or 2, and they can get their Double JP, too, with the HE). Pop the Orb one last time for your SJP.

Without combo's and a shot multiplier, you're probably looking at 100M+ for just the Orb MB. With slightly more setup and combo shot-making, that becomes 200-300M. Even the 100M+ dwarfs everything else in the game outside of a well played Cherry Bomb MB.

#210 6 years ago

I think , but maybe I’m wrong , that you’re concentrating a lot on just orb MB.

I would say I am an average player, and 100 mil on orb is a good score, and no way an every game occurance. Ofcourse lining up a 2x multiplier on the broker, and a rocket 2x playfield will boost this, but doing this during a mode can also get you 100mil plus. Its all about where you use your 2x, or your hadron , you have to earn them first to use them (dont forget the 5x shot multiplier on finished modes during groot)

I just had a knowhere of 104, finished 7 modes and close to Xander, but my MB’s scoring I wasted to get them.

All in all, this game is getting good ... Real good once things line up and you hit them

#211 6 years ago

Oh, combo’s.. I still dont really grasp them , have not been trying to get them, doesnt give a clue either that you just made one, so I dont bother

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

From watching young kids play GOTG at TPF, yes, your average player can start a Groot MB, and you'll typically finish up your Groot with one set of HE earned (3 of them). I agree taking away the Orb SJP via the HE button was a good idea, but that doesn't prevent a player from using them to spot 3 quick JP in Orb, which is roughly half the JP needed to qualify the Double JP, immediately followed by the Super. I think an average player can flail away during Orb MB and get 3-4 of the JP shot (they're now all lit and don't alternate with the Orb shot), and then use the HE to bat clean-up on the last 3 JP once they get down to 3 (or 2, and they can get their Double JP, too, with the HE). Pop the Orb one last time for your SJP.
Without combo's and a shot multiplier, you're probably looking at 100M+ for just the Orb MB. With slightly more setup and combo shot-making, that becomes 200-300M. Even the 100M+ dwarfs everything else in the game outside of a well played Cherry Bomb MB.

I guess my limited rules knowledge is getting me here. When you said 3-6 HEs built up I assumed you meant completing the HE targets 3-6 times. I guess that is not the case and you were saying complete them 1-2 times for 3-6 hits on the button.

#213 6 years ago

Stern of the Union update.

Another code release later this month with topper support and additional refinement.

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-April-2018

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I guess that is not the case and you were saying complete them 1-2 times for 3-6 hits on the button.

Sorry for the miscommunication. Yes, when I said 3-6, I meant that you had 3-6 hits on the button, which corresponds to 1-2 completions of the yellow standups.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I think , but maybe I’m wrong , that you’re concentrating a lot on just orb MB.

Perhaps. But I have greater probability of getting big scores when I do.

I agree that mode scoring can also be nice (relative to Groot), but they're not as big as Orb.

Scoring priorities:
1) Orb MB -- and I don't bother with Rocket 2x scoring.
2) Modes
3) A *distant* third of Groot MB. Each Groot JP base is only 100K. Compare this to each JP base on Orb of 3M -- Orb JP's are worth 30x Groot JP's!!! You can have your 5x value on Groot JP shots that correspond to your completed modes. I'll still take my 3M over your 500K JP's.

Try this sequence:
- Use initial ball-save time to get shots in on Orb standup and Orb locks.
- Use Groot MB and Quill's Quest 2-ball mode to complete yellow standups for 3 Hadron Enforcer hits per completion, but DON'T use them yet.
Also use these MB's to be sure to get 2x shot multiplier on the Broker (Orb) shot.
- Once you have 1-2 completions of HE targets (meaning you have 3-6 smart missile shots), start an Orb MB -- even better if you have a mode stacked in the background. ** THIS IS CRITICAL ** On the full orbit plunge of the 2nd ball to start Orb, take one quick shot at the Orb drop target, and if you miss, IMMEDIATELY use one HE to hit the drop and lock in your Orb JP hurry-up value at 3M. Otherwise, it can quickly degrade to only 1M.
- During Orb MB, shoot the easy shots of the ramps, Groot, and loops for 3M each -- even better if you shoot them in combos, because their value will be doubled. Hopefully, you may have gotten a random bounce into the StarLord scoop, too.
- Now use at least 2 HE to take out Rocket death shot and tough Yandu deadend shots -- even better if you shoot the R ramp first, because the first one will be 6M.
- Next, shoot the L ramp and immediately shoot Orb -- or use another HE -- for a doubled (due to combo) 2x Jackpot for 24M (base of 6M as a 2x JP, doubled due to the 2x shot multiplier, and doubled again due to shooting as a combo).
- Last, shoot the L ramp again and immediately shoot the Orb for a MASSIVE Super Jackpot that is the sum of all your jackpots, but quadrupled (doubled due to the 2x shot multiplier, and doubled again due to shooting as a combo).
- Super Jackpot value: let's assume a very conservative value of only 2 of your Orb JP's were doubled due to either a 2x shot multiplier or shooting as a combo, and the remaining 7 JP are the base value of 3M. And let's assume that you missed your combo shot on the final 2x jackpot, so you only got 12M for it. Your Orb SJP base value = 2*6M + 7*3M + 12M = 45M. Even if you don't combo into your SJP, you'll be getting 90M for it! (because of the 2x shot multiplier) And if you do combo it, it's 180M!!
- Bigger SJP value: let's assume you played Orb a bit better than the above, and you got 5 JP's doubled, 4 JP's at regular value, and you successfully hit the ramp before using an HE for your 24M 2x Jackpot. Here's the math: SJP base value = 5*6M + 4*3M + 24M = 66M. You combo into your SJP that has a 2x shot multiplier, and your Orb SJP is a whopping 264M!!!

Rinse/repeat. Do another Groot to restock your Hadrons, then do another Orb.

#216 6 years ago

I love your tactic, very detailed , this isnt what I would call flailing during a multiball though

And the orb start sequence to lock in the base jackpot value, I had no idea. I just try and get it before it gets to zero so the MB starts This changes things a lot . Explains the big differences in supers that I get . Thanks!

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I agree that mode scoring can also be nice (relative to Groot), but they're not as big as Orb.
Scoring priorities:
2) Modes
3) A *distant* third of Groot MB. Each Groot JP base is only 100K. Compare this to each JP base on Orb of 3M -- Orb JP's are worth 30x Groot JP's!!! You can have your 5x value on Groot JP shots that correspond to your completed modes. I'll still take my 3M over your 500K JP's.
Try this sequence:
- Use Groot MB and Quill's Quest 2-ball mode to complete yellow standups for 3 Hadron Enforcer hits per completion, but DON'T use them yet.
Also use these MB's to be sure to get 2x shot multiplier on the Broker (Orb) shot.
- Once you have 1-2 completions of HE targets (meaning you have 3-6 smart missile shots), start an Orb MB -- even better if you have a mode stacked in the background. ** THIS IS CRITICAL ** On the full orbit plunge of the 2nd ball to start Orb, take one quick shot at the Orb drop target, and if you miss, IMMEDIATELY use one HE to hit the drop and lock in your Orb JP hurry-up value at 3M. Otherwise, it can quickly degrade to only 1M.
- During Orb MB, shoot the easy shots of the ramps, Groot, and loops for 3M each -- even better if you shoot them in combos, because their value will be doubled. Hopefully, you may have gotten a random bounce into the StarLord scoop, too.
- Now use at least 2 HE to take out Rocket death shot and tough Yandu deadend shots -- even better if you shoot the R ramp first, because the first one will be 6M.
- Next, shoot the L ramp and immediately shoot Orb -- or use another HE -- for a doubled (due to combo) 2x Jackpot for 24M (base of 6M as a 2x JP, doubled due to the 2x shot multiplier, and doubled again due to shooting as a combo).
- Last, shoot the L ramp again and immediately shoot the Orb for a MASSIVE Super Jackpot that is the sum of all your jackpots, but quadrupled (doubled due to the 2x shot multiplier, and doubled again due to shooting as a combo).
- Super Jackpot value: let's assume a very conservative value of only 2 of your Orb JP's were doubled due to either a 2x shot multiplier or shooting as a combo, and the remaining 7 JP are the base value of 3M. And let's assume that you missed your combo shot on the final 2x jackpot, so you only got 12M for it. Your Orb SJP base value = 2*6M + 7*3M + 12M = 45M. Even if you don't combo into your SJP, you'll be getting 90M for it! (because of the 2x shot multiplier) And if you do combo it, it's 180M!!
- Bigger SJP value: let's assume you played Orb a bit better than the above, and you got 5 JP's doubled, 4 JP's at regular value, and you successfully hit the ramp before using an HE for your 24M 2x Jackpot. Here's the math: SJP base value = 5*6M + 4*3M + 24M = 66M. You combo into your SJP that has a 2x shot multiplier, and your Orb SJP is a whopping 264M!!!

That is insane. Thanks very much for taking some time and posting some strategy to help us all out. Do you think you can do that again?

#218 6 years ago

Yes , very cool and informative scoring tips

I had a 340 mil orb sjp on .87 code ,three weeks ago , and now I know why and how

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I love your tactic, very detailed , this isnt what I would call flailing during a multiball though

Thanks.
True... to get the maximum values, your'e not flailing. But even flailing, I see many people getting Combo 2x JP's during Orb unintentionally. I would argue that for many Orb MB's played "on the fly" or flailing, most players will be able to get at least three of the JP shots, and if they had bounced around enough during a prior Groot MB and Quills Quest MB, they could easily have two sets of Hadrons going into Orb MB. So if people know to save their HE for Orb MB, then after 3 Orb JP's, smack the action button 6 times to take you all the way to the Orb SJP being lit. If executed this way, I think most players will end Orb MB with over 100M from Orb MB alone.

Quoted from steigerpijp:

And the orb start sequence to lock in the base jackpot value, I had no idea. I just try and get it before it gets to zero so the MB starts This changes things a lot . Explains the big differences in supers that I get .

Yes, it took me a few times of Orb MB to realize that the first shot back to the Orb drop target to release the captive ball locked in your base JP for the remainder of the MB. I think this is a nice rule. And with the latest code, they fixed the 2nd ball plunge to both (1) go all the way around the orbit instead of feeding into the pops, and (2) the timer is paused for a brief period following the plunge (vs the prior code where the hurry-up started counting down immediately after auto-plunging and kept ticking while your ball was in the pops).

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is insane. Thanks very much for taking some time and posting some strategy to help us all out.

Hehehe. Yeah, I know. I enjoy new games / new code, and discovering the nuance tips and tricks to maximize your progress toward wizard modes or maximize score.

Do you think you can do that again?

By "that," do you mean executing the Orb sequence I described? Yes. Most of the time I play Orb, I get at least one SJP by using Hadrons. Granted, I have bad games where I'm on ball three with a pathetic score, so I go into my Orb MB without enough Hadrons to give me a shot at getting the replay -- I only have GOTG on location, so initial goal is always to make my next game free. And sometimes I fail miserably at Orb when I don't have Hadrons.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Scoring priorities:
2) Modes
Try this sequence:

Awesome!! Saving this one to my memory banks!!!

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks.
True... to get the maximum values, your'e not flailing. But even flailing, I see many people getting Combo 2x JP's during Orb unintentionally. I would argue that for many Orb MB's played "on the fly" or flailing, most players will be able to get at least three of the JP shots, and if they had bounced around enough during a prior Groot MB and Quills Quest MB, they could easily have two sets of Hadrons going into Orb MB. So if people know to save their HE for Orb MB, then after 3 Orb JP's, smack the action button 6 times to take you all the way to the Orb SJP being lit. If executed this way, I think most players will end Orb MB with over 100M from Orb MB alone.

Yes, it took me a few times of Orb MB to realize that the first shot back to the Orb drop target to release the captive ball locked in your base JP for the remainder of the MB. I think this is a nice rule. And with the latest code, they fixed the 2nd ball plunge to both (1) go all the way around the orbit instead of feeding into the pops, and (2) the timer is paused for a brief period following the plunge (vs the prior code where the hurry-up started counting down immediately after auto-plunging and kept ticking while your ball was in the pops).

Hehehe. Yeah, I know. I enjoy new games / new code, and discovering the nuance tips and tricks to maximize your progress toward wizard modes or maximize score.

By "that," do you mean executing the Orb sequence I described? Yes. Most of the time I play Orb, I get at least one SJP by using Hadrons. Granted, I have bad games where I'm on ball three with a pathetic score, so I go into my Orb MB without enough Hadrons to give me a shot at getting the replay -- I only have GOTG on location, so initial goal is always to make my next game free. And sometimes I fail miserably at Orb when I don't have Hadrons.

Strategy works pretty well, many thanks.
1st Orb Mball was worth ~460 Million, 2nd was only ~235 Million. Groot Mball won't talk about.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#222 6 years ago

Its a great Strategy for points ..and then you tell a friend who can play, no chance of getting past that

01DD6D9D-ED2D-4B64-878D-B248147E57E6 (resized).jpeg01DD6D9D-ED2D-4B64-878D-B248147E57E6 (resized).jpeg

#223 6 years ago

Does anyone else think the multiple sequences at the scoop (when lit) during MB takes too long to complete? If you have a mode finishing up and /or going to Level 2, a Mystery and an Extra Ball lit it can sit there and take a really long time to go through all those animations. During that time it isn't firing out ball save balls and double flippers don't appear to speed through them. I know I should probably be happy about it and try to use that time as a bonus of having a "safe" ball but it usually doesn't feel that way to me and I'm wishing I could speed up those sequences.

#224 6 years ago

Ran upon the Cherry Bomb Multiball double ball scoop hold problem. 2 Balls stayed in scoop for the duration of the mball. Came out after a ball search ok.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Ran upon the Cherry Bomb Multiball double ball scoop hold problem. 2 Balls stayed in scoop for the duration of the mball. Came out after a ball search ok.

Same here.. Im sure it will get adressed in an update, as will the long scoop animations during MB, allthough extra ball always brings a smile when its playing .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks.

The Hadrons (I call them Hard ons!) are one of the best features of the machine. Helps players like me make the difficult shots. I have been doing my best to use your strategy. Thanks very much!

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Its a great Strategy for points ..and then you tell a friend who can play, no chance of getting past that

Whoa... 3BIL on GOTG??!? Time to take it off of 5-ball game, move those outlane posts out, and reinstall the tilt bob.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does anyone else think the multiple sequences at the scoop (when lit) during MB takes too long to complete?

Yes. I call it Lonnie time.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Whoa... 3BIL on GOTG??!? Time to take it off of 5-ball game, move those outlane posts out, and reinstall the tilt bob.

Well, he’s playing on those harder settings allready.. so maybe blindfolded the next time

Some guys just have it, I sure don’t

Ps. This was in .87, where you could spot SJP’s with a hard-on..

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Scoring priorities:
2) Modes
Try this sequence:

That's a very detailed walk-through on how to rack up big points, thanks! To go back to the question of balance, should something be done to make Orb worth less points or other modes worth more? The orb shot isn't a super-easy shot and fairly high risk as it can lead to a SDTM bounce off the post or a wicked rebound off the target if hit hard so maybe just restrict how much the hadrons can be used during the mode or make it much more lucrative to have modes completed prior to starting the MB?

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

To go back to the question of balance, should something be done to make Orb worth less points or other modes worth more?

I believe so, yes. I’m fine with there being some nice scoring in Orb, but Lonnie and team solved the Groot one trick pony in rev0.87 by simply creating another one trick pony — the latter of which is even more overwhelming than the first. Lol.

Possible solutions: lower the beginning/max value of the Orb JP. And/or don’t allow a Hadron to spot the initial Orb release shot. And/or make the Orb SJP a triple JP (base value simply 3x your Orb JP value) and not the aggregate sum of all your collected Orb JP. Or go back to the prior Orb MB Gameplay logic where you had to alternate between any lit shot and the Orb. They made the Orb Gameplay progression to the SJP *easier* in 0.90 — making Orb MB even more overpowering. Smh

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

don’t allow a Hadron to spot the initial Orb release shot.

That's what I was thinking, I think that would make it more fair and should be easy to implement.........

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I believe so, yes. I’m fine with there being some nice scoring in Orb, but Lonnie and team solved the Groot one trick pony in rev0.87 by simply creating another one trick pony — the latter of which is even more overwhelming than the first. Lol.
Possible solutions: lower the beginning/max value of the Orb JP. And/or don’t allow a Hadron to spot the initial Orb release shot. And/or make the Orb SJP a triple JP (base value simply 3x your Orb JP value) and not the aggregate sum of all your collected Orb JP. Or go back to the prior Orb MB Gameplay logic where you had to alternate between any lit shot and the Orb. They made the Orb Gameplay progression to the SJP *easier* in 0.90 — making Orb MB even more overpowering. Smh

I like the idea of not allowing the Hadron to spot the first Orb release but I think it might be cool to also have some kind of multiplier or other value increase for how many modes have been completed. Maybe something similar to how the number of artifacts you've collected affects each shot value during Final Frontier in STTNG (I know that's going way back, lol).

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That's what I was thinking, I think that would make it more fair and should be easy to implement.........

It would help, but I didn't have a Hadron when I started Orb MB, bricked two shots at it and ended up at something like 1M for the base JP and still put up almost 800M during Orb MB (finally stopped bricking shots at some point and picked up Hadrons) so I think something more than that may still be necessary.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

ended up at something like 1M for the base JP and still put up almost 800M during Orb MB

nice!

#236 6 years ago

Lol. Thought I missed out on a massive Orb cash in, draining down to one ball, but then having the remaining ball glance the orb drop target for 450MIL SJP!!!

That same game, made it to Immolation Initiative wizard mode, and kept that mode going for a LONG time. Seemed to have some similarities to ST's Enterprise Amok wizard mode. Lots of chances to add a ball to Immolation mode. I think my Immolation mode total was around 400M which included "completing" it for a SJP, so Orb is still way overpowered in that I had one Orb MB worth around 900M.

Putting it all in perspective, my total game was just under 1.6B, composed of that 900M orb, 400M Immolation, a 100M Cherry bomb MB, an earlier 100M orb, and the rest (all the completed modes and Groot MBs) is just a rounding error.

Next goal: Xander!

#237 6 years ago

Maybe its a skill thing too ..

Most of us are not in that league of 400 plus jackpots.. I quite enjoy the fact you can redeem a crappy score into ball 3 by activating orb, and cashing in on it

When playing for modes I last a lot longer

#238 6 years ago

My game is on the way, so please forgive me if this is already a setting.

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to turn off the virtual lock for multi-player games, and allow for locked-ball stealing, like older games and TNA. Could shake things up a bit. Also, when noobs play, they won't get confused when Groot's mouth doesn't open for light lock.

May not be for everyone, of course, but nice to have the option IMHO.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to turn off the virtual lock for multi-player games, and allow for locked-ball stealing, like older games and TNA. Could shake things up a bit. Also, when noobs play, they won't get confused when Groot's mouth doesn't open for light lock.

INteresting idea. I don't believe this is a setting, and based on Lonnie's past games with physical ball locks, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this.
With Groot, at least there's a tiny bit of benefit gained by the first player to lock balls (auto-plunge to upper lanes and pops, with a controlled feed 90% of the time) vs having to deal with additional out-of-control Groot rebounds. This same first-to-lock benefit was even more prevalent in Aerosmith for Toybox locks.

#240 6 years ago

Does anyone notice the magnet action is less active since the last code?

I used to get a nice catch, light swirl and drop onto my flippers when the orb released. These days I get a light pulse with cheap drains into the left outlane .

Tried adjusting the magnet but all 3 are mounted loosely to move a little.

Anyone got ideas?

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

These days I get a light pulse with cheap drains into the left outlane .

I got a lot of these L outlane drains on prior code, too. I think it's just random.

#242 6 years ago

Lift the playfield and rotate the magnets. They move with no dismantling.

#243 6 years ago

Is Quill's Q always supposed to be a mb? I've had a couple games where it didn't give me 2 balls, but I think that both times it happened I started it from the scoop and not the initial plunge.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Is Quill's Q always supposed to be a mb? I've had a couple games where it didn't give me 2 balls, but I think that both times it happened I started it from the scoop and not the initial plunge.

When you first play Quill, you will get a 2 ball multiball. If you finish one mode and then pick quill, machine will give you a 2 ball multiball. If you pick Quill off the plunge, machine will give you a 2 ball multiball. Once you have selected that mode and not completed it, the next time you select it, no multiball, makes it much easier to complete. Good luck!

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Does anyone notice the magnet action is less active since the last code?
I used to get a nice catch, light swirl and drop onto my flippers when the orb released. These days I get a light pulse with cheap drains into the left outlane .
Tried adjusting the magnet but all 3 are mounted loosely to move a little.
Anyone got ideas?

I think the magnets are crazier with the new code. Sometimes the magnet does not even catch the ball anymore, other times it catches it and throws it anywhere! I think that the new code could be like this on purpose. We use high carbon balls. This could make a difference.

#246 6 years ago

I think the magnets are crazier with the new code. Sometimes the magnet does not even catch the ball anymore, other times it catches it and throws it anywhere! I think that the new code could be like this on purpose. We use high carbon balls. This could make a difference.

Seems like both of you are on the Prmeium/LE. You both used "magnets" plural.

I wonder if the Pro is playing differently?

I hope not....the magnet effect on the Pro .85 game at the arcade near me is damn near perfect.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I hope not....the magnet effect on the Pro .85 game at the arcade near me is damn near perfect.

I haven't noticed it being any different on my Pro, sometimes you get more action than others but I'm not getting many outlane or SDTMs which is the important part to me.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I haven't noticed it being any different on my Pro, sometimes you get more action than others but I'm not getting many outlane or SDTMs which is the important part to me.

That is good news. My Pro will be here is a few days!

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes. We have a LE running V 0.90. I am not sure with the pro, but the premium/LE definitely has different magnet coding from 0.85 to 0.90. When you get your new game hopefully it has the new code. The latest version has changed the whole game from Meh.. to really good. You will be pleasantly surprised, game rocks!

#250 6 years ago

Yes. We have a LE running V 0.90. I am not sure with the pro, but the premium/LE definitely has different magnet coding from 0.85 to 0.90. When you get your new game hopefully it has the new code. The latest version has changed the whole game from Meh.. to really good. You will be pleasantly surprised, game rocks!

It won't. It's been at my distro since before it dropped. No worries, I'll have the USB stick ready to go!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-code-feedback/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.