20180116_224646 (resized).jpg
GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG
GOTG Capture (resized).JPG
F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220852 (resized).jpg
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 6 years ago

This game has great potential. It just needs a lot of help in the code department.
The lack of sound/callout/music interaction with shots is by far my biggest gripe at this early code state.

Pertaining to code surrounding gameplay:
- Make successive Groot MB's more difficult to obtain:
* the lazy route would be just to increase # of hits to Groot to lite lock. Don't go this route, please, Stern.
* require some other accomplishment to qualify your next round of Groot locks, such as playing Orb MB, or *completing* a mode.
* turn on the magnets briefly after a Groot hit to make lighting Groot locks more risky.

- Make the 2x/3x scoring + lock during Groot MB more difficult to achieve:
* two shots to Groot for each one is FAR too easy, and this is what unbalances the game into "Groot All Day" strategy.
* there's plenty of other copy/paste in GOTG ruleset, so use the same rules as MET: complete a set of standup targets to lite Groot lock + 2x/3x scoring.
* perhaps make it such that you can only get 2x and 3x scoring + lock once during each MB, forcing the player to choose when it makes the greatest impact to start their 2x/3x scoring, or perhaps they jump into it simply for the safety of having a ball stashed away when they're down to two balls.

- Incorporate logical benefits to different successful Super Skill Shots, and don't simply award points:
* Groot: immediately lock one ball (no lite lock required), or gives a jackpot score kicker for the next Groot MB if played during that ball.
* Orb: immediately lock one ball (no lite lock required), or gives a jackpot score kicker for the next Orb MB if played during that ball.
* Rocket: immediately start Rampage 2x scoring.
* GOTG/Mystery target: immediately qualify mystery
* etc....
* or... whichever Super Skill Shot you complete, that shot immediately gets a shot multiplier.

- Orb MB:
* Turn the rules into something more akin to MET's Snake MB by allowing the player to "stack" jackpots by shooting (unlighting) multiple playfield shots *before* they collect at the Orb for their Super JP. Even better: make the stacking nonlinear, and put a timer on it for good risk/reward.

- Modes' 2nd Levels (aka Super modes from Aerosmith that don't persist)
* If you're going with the "2nd level modes get killed when you start a new mode or lose your ball," then at least create some decision-making and strategic play for starting a new mode (which ends your prior 2nd level/Super mode)... Have the new mode start be a cash-out of your cumulative scoring total of the current 2nd level mode, and put a Completion Bonus at the end of a Super mode to give the player risk/reward of cashing out their Super mode points or risking it by going for the Completion Bonus.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I’ve been looking a Sterns website for code updates every day
Got it so wrong! Was informed at the EAG in London that code was 2 days away (18th)
Hope that Lonnie has been listening and the code update is EPIC!
I’m not playing it much as it is.. don’t like the way modes just play and there is no interaction

Agreed. I'm playing my other games more than GOTG at the moment. Desperately needs a major code update. It has been 3 weeks to the day since we've seen anything. I'd love to think Lonnie has been working on a huge update this whole time but my big fear is that he's already been asked to start work on the next title release. I hope I'm wrong because this game really deserves some attention.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Code suggestion....
Dear Stern,
when there is no mode running and you have the soundtrack music playing,
please make this screen;

look like this screen;

(bonus points for having the tape reels spin and the VU meter needles bounce)
Thanks,
EV

yes

#154 6 years ago

Groot Multi-ball needs a Callout.

No Groot sample. I want to hear . I AM GROOOT

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

This game has great potential. It just needs a lot of help in the code department.
The lack of sound/callout/music interaction with shots is by far my biggest gripe at this early code state.

Great feedback and agree with almost all your point. Can't wait for the next update hoping its a good one! I don't want to see hey we reached 1.0 code we are done and the game is left alone for months.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shocking to no one but you

I refrained for stating the obvious. Its like your wife saying "you're gonna get lucky tonight"...you know it won't happen because she explicitly says that phrase lol.

#157 6 years ago

Code! Need Code!!

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Code! Need Code!!

Batman code was just updated yesterday...again. We need some love!

#159 6 years ago

^^^Code^^^

#161 6 years ago

OVER HERE!!!!!!

talk-is-cheap-show-me-the-code.-linus-torvalds-335x335 (resized).jpgtalk-is-cheap-show-me-the-code.-linus-torvalds-335x335 (resized).jpg

#162 6 years ago

This may sound stupid, but why no attract mode? One thing I love about Houdini is when you hit a button and the lady says “you have to pay to play,” or “no magic for you.”

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

This may sound stupid, but why no attract mode? One thing I love about Houdini is when you hit a button and the lady says “you have to pay to play,” or “no magic for you.”

That is not stupid at all. We love attract mode. I think nothing has been coded in yet. AS is the same, no attract mode.

#164 6 years ago

Has anyone else had the ball get stuck under the plastic guard adjacent to the rocket figurine?
I’ve played 30 games and have had it happen 3 times, it sucks, I have to take the glass off to pry the ball loose

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Has anyone else had the ball get stuck under the plastic guard adjacent to the rocket figurine?
I’ve played 30 games and have had it happen 3 times, it sucks, I have to take the glass off to pry the ball loose

Yes many reports on the Premium / LE. I would contact Stern about that, sounds like they need to come up with a fix.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Yep. If you go back through this thread you will find it. We have had it happen too. Report it direct to Stern. I think Stern will come out with a fix if we all report the issue.

#167 6 years ago

From Stern:

Sorry for double post :

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:

Guardians of the Galaxy –We are on track for another code update this month (currently in testing).

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

From Stern:
Sorry for double post :
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
Guardians of the Galaxy –We are on track for another code update this month (currently in testing).

OUCH! This likely isn't going to be anytime soon......

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I have had this happen once so far. It's annoying hoping for a fix. This code update better be good.....................its been over a month.

#170 6 years ago

As mentioned, it sure would be great to see 1) how many shots are required per mode and 2) progress, if any, of that mode when choosing at the beginning of a ball.

And please turn off the timer until the ball is launched. I hope that not positioned as a unique and exciting feature of this game as opposed to a simple oversight.

#171 6 years ago

Mode timer on ball release in my opinion should be critical update.

#172 6 years ago

New Code .87...........

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2017 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

Installation notice:
The code release is in ZIP format.
The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.

Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains two files.
Open the folder, copy the two files to the root level of a USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

PRO V0.87 - February 13, 2018
=====================

- added slingshot power adjustment.
- changed default slingshot power.
- added an adjustment for auto ball launch power.
- changed default auto ball launch power.
- fixed Drax display effects that appear in Save Xandar.
- added a lightshow to Save Xandar Jackpots.
- changed mystery "ball save lit" weighted criteria.
- changed mystery "shot multiplier lit" weighted criteria.
- modified antiquities shop awards to stop displaying on top of each other.
- rampage spell out difficulty no longer gets harder after the 2nd+ spell out event, i.e. it remains at the same difficulty throughout the entire game.
- added sound effects to mission awards for Antiquities Shop, Escape Kyln, Quills Quest and Yaka Arrow.
- Modified mode select lights to only show when the mode select Display Effect is running.
- added Ball Save Advance/Score display/sound FX.
- added a HurryUp award to the first stage of Orb Multiball.
- Orb Multiball jackpot values can be upgraded by hitting the Orb drop target, i.e. hitting the drop target during Orb Multiball raises the shot jackpot value by 2X.
- Orb Multiball HurryUp score starts at 3M.
- fixed a bug where Orb MB HurryUp was starting to countdown too early.
- added start game functionality to action button on the lock down bar.
- added green light to lockdown button when it can start a game.
- modified action button so that it doesn't start a game during match sequence.
- disallow mode select lamps from showing while waiting for the mystery presentation to end.
- added Immolation Initiative Jackpot, Double Jackpot, Super Jackpot sound effects.
- modified mystery to flash during multiballs when giving an award.
- mystery award presentation runs faster during a multiball.
- added a Display Effect for ball save score (for when you try to relight an already lit ball save)
- disabled mystery light shows from running during multiballs, i.e. normally the mystery lightshows are showing you what you won by masking out all of the other lamps.
- Added new light show to shot multiplier mystery award.
- disabled Sibling Rivalry 2 spinner rule (PRO only).
- removed spinner from mystery award (PRO only).
- fixed Immolation Initiative Jackpot display effect.
- Fixed incorrect lamp usage in mystery.
- updated mystery award videos (text changes).
- added light show for ball save mystery.
- fixed issues with double scoring mystery presentations.
- fixed issue with rampage spell out.
- Added new mystery award for ball save lit.
- fixed a bug where the previous/current tournament winners names were not being displayed in the attract mode.
- fixed immolation initiative advance synced sound/display FX.
- added outlines to all Tournament attract mode text effects.
- added an adjustment/rule to limit the number of times a ball can be locked during Groot Multiball, default = 3.
- Groot Multiball shots are now worth 5X if the shot's associated character/mission is completed.
- added rectangular shot inserts to the Groot Multiball rule and changed the shot arrow insert logic in
Groot Multiball to reflect the new 5X mode completion rule. If a mission is completed the Groot Multiball
shot inserts will strobe indicating the shot is worth 5X. These completed mission inserts will also temporarily
flash quickly when available for a 10X combo.
- optimized lamp logic in modes/multiball to reduce node bus traffic.
- added Immolation Initiative advance sound F/X.
- added Save Xandar Advance sound F/X
- added Save Xandar Intro sound F/X.
- modified Mystery awards to disallow showing award display effects twice, i.e. the Mystery "Ball Save Is Lit" display effect is not followed by the normal "Ball Save is Lit" display effect.
- added new videos for mystery awards.
- added new double scoring music.
- added new mystery awards, Orb Lit, Orb "X" Completed
- added mystery light shows for each award.
- changed the upgrade is lit and upgrade award text so it matches the color of the associated mode.
- modified Escape Kyln display effects to stop older awards before starting a new effect.
- Added 2 new mystery awards.
- added timers to the mode select screen.
- fixed broken mode select background lamp F/X.
- added shaker F/X to Groot multiball advance/light lock.
- fixed a bug where a mode shot award display/sound/lamp effect was not being shown if it completed a mode.
- added 2 new mystery awards, Rampage Letter Added, Shot Multipliers Lit.
- raised volume of Pod Chase award.
- now the Movie Lines Adjustment has 3 options: OFF/Original Only/Original & Alternates.
- fixed a display problem where Tournament winners/scores were not being shown in the Attract mode.
- fixed a Sibling Rivalry score bug.
- removed top lane lights from the Groot lock lightshow so you can see and change top lane lights (if necessary) as the new locked ball is kicked into play and travels towards the top lanes.
- added Save Xandar award display effects.
- raised volume of Groot Multiball sound FX
- Groot Multiball now has 3 jackpot levels that are followed by a super/double super jackpot. Now the Double Super Jackpot is scored by getting the ball past Groot's moving mouth.
- added/fixed Groot advance/light/lock lightshows.
- changed Groot Multiball Ready lightshow.
- fixed Groot Multiball Start lightshow.
- restructured when mode start display effects appear.
- changed/lowered Groot Multiball scoring.
- added Trinket awards to Antiquities shop.
- added shooter groove background screens.
- added Save Xandar is lit Display Effect.
- Rampage spell out rule is now available during all multiballs.
- fixed an issue where changing to a foreground effect would cause the double scoring icon to disappear.
- added Save Xandar Wizard Mode.
- added Save Xander Advance Display Effect.
- added double scoring icon to the score screen.
- changed background RAMPAGE lamp strobe timing.
- points accumulated during Groot Multiball for lock lit/awards were not being added to the total tally, this has been corrected.
- added extended looping Knowhere start display effect and artwork (designed to be played/looped while the ball is sitting in the shooter lane at ball start).
- added speech to double scoring start/restart.
- added double scoring start/restart lightshow.
- added a lightshow to RAMPAGE spell out.
- changed difficulty of starting Rocket's Rampage Double Scoring, Default = 4 letters spotted.
- now mystery can add time to Escape Kyln 2.
- fixed a bug where collecting 2 RAMPAGE letters quickly could cause the game to reset.
- added lamp logic to the RAMPAGE light, i.e. in double scoring the light will blink faster as time is about to expire.
- added new Rampage spell out module/logic.
- added shot multiplier lit sound FX
- added shot multiplier lit/awarded speech.
- raised the volume on shot multiplier award(s).
- added mission shooter groove tunes, this will pause the timers at the start of a ball.
- added Shot Multiplier(s) Lit display effects.
- added LCD display effects for Tournament high score to date enter initials and no Tournament Qualifiers.
- removed duplicate player up score on the background score screen.
- added skull graphics to the default background score screen that appears when a mode/multiball is not active.
- add LCD display effects for Tournament Credits, Tournament Game Start.
- added ball save advance display effects
- fixed a problem where, if 3 balls were locked in Groot and any other Multiball has 3 balls in play, there are no balls in the trough to instantly serve the right outlane ball save.
If this happens the game will now wait for the ball to arrive at the trough and serve it back into play.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from bcsellie:

Heyo! They finally rectified that glaring issue!

#174 6 years ago

Timers are now paused at the start of a ball.......YES!!

Nice list of enhancements and fixes. There may still be hope for this game, as it really is a gorgeous looking and shooting game.....

#175 6 years ago

YAY!

#176 6 years ago

Many changes, start/end modes with shot multiplier associated with Groot shots seems to be the goto.

#177 6 years ago

I did the code update to .87 and lost my back box sound the speakers are not working. The sub is working okay but no other sound. I tried to re-download an install twice but still having the same issue.

#178 6 years ago

I would like the option to stay in a level 2 mode if you hit the scoop. Or even have them stack with another mode somehow. I trying to figure out where the level 2 modes come into my strategy. Yakka Arrow with the targets, or the one with the super pops, seem best to have going with a multiball. There's not much incentive to play them alone. It seems better to just move to the next mode to advance toward wizard modes. Pod chase 2 on the other hand, with its super ramps, can be lucrative to play alone. Especially if you have multipliers lit. I'm wondering what the intended strategies for these level 2 modes are? Stacking them with mulitball is obviously something you could do. But getting the timing right might not be worth the effort. I'm I missing something? Maybe make it like Star Trek where you can select a level 2 after you've finished it's level 1.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I would like the option to stay in a level 2 mode if you hit the scoop. Or even have them stack with another mode somehow. I trying to figure out where the level 2 modes come into my strategy.

I agree they need a change on this.
My suggestion I sent to Stern was this:
- Modes' 2nd Levels (aka Super modes from Aerosmith that don't persist)
* If you're going with the "2nd level modes get killed when you start a new mode or lose your ball," then at least create some decision-making and strategic play for starting a new mode (which ends your prior 2nd level/Super mode)... Have the new mode-start be a cash-out of your cumulative scoring total of the current 2nd level mode, and put a Completion Bonus at the end of a 2nd Level mode to give the player risk/reward of cashing out their Super mode points or risking it by going for the Completion Bonus.

I was happy they incorporated one of my suggested concepts:
- Make the 2x/3x scoring + lock during Groot MB more difficult to achieve:
* perhaps keep it easy, but make it such that you can only get 2x and 3x scoring + lock once during each MB, forcing the player to choose when it makes the greatest impact to start their 2x/3x scoring, or perhaps they jump into it simply for the safety of having a ball stashed away when they're down to two balls.

#180 6 years ago

its probably been covered but the fake ball save from groot multiball is such a pain in the ass. and if its flashing for ball save and you drain on the right lane when its lit for a ball save, you get neither and your bonus counts up. pretty frustrating.

#181 6 years ago

I was in Yakka Arrow 2 and hit the scoop for a mystery award. It gave me Super Scoring, or something worded like that. But then out of nowhere, Kyln 2 started playing on the screen and the audio. It fixed itself after a little bit, I think I drained or maybe got the right out lane save, and thern it went back to where it should be. I hadn't played Kyln at all and it showed no progress.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the fake ball save from groot multiball is such a pain in the ass. and if its flashing for ball save and you drain on the right lane when its lit for a ball save, you get neither and your bonus counts up. pretty frustrating.

That's a Lonnie feature.
(see Kiss)

Quoted from Flippersaurus:

But then out of nowhere, Kyln 2 started playing on the screen and the audio. It fixed itself after a little bit, I think I drained or maybe got the right out lane save, and thern it went back to where it should be. I hadn't played Kyln at all and it showed no progress.

Re: Kyln 2.... Email that detail to Stern. Sounds like a bug.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

That's a Lonnie feature.
(see Kiss)

lol good point
the reverse lyman grace period, the lonnie "screw you" period

#184 6 years ago

I wish they would make code change so the topper can be left on during gameplay. At Least if they could give us a choice to leave the colour change LED's on let the flashers interact with gameplay. Its a $$$ add on and some of us would like to see more of it.

#185 6 years ago

Code update and my groot mouth is not working correctly.. wont open when hit, sometimes starts open, and now I have a 2 ball groot multiball that I never did before.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Code update and my groot mouth is not working correctly.. wont open when hit, sometimes starts open, and now I have a 2 ball groot multiball that I never did before.

I am having the same issue. Groot worked fine prior to this update.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Mine acting up as well also the fire button led to launch Ball is intermittent. Seems as if the is a Playfield optics issue/

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from themacguru:

Mine acting up as well also the fire button led to launch Ball is intermittent. Seems as if the is a Playfield optics issue/

Yes Launch lite is very intermittent and now ball is getting stuck on edge of indie Groots mouth.
Im going to check alignment tonight only 60 games on machine so i need to go thru it.
Left ramp not always registering opto's are working fine.

#189 6 years ago

Wish there was a way to skip scoop and complete mode 2.

Video mode would be nice.

Not sure how to complete Groot Multiball or Orb Multiball

This game is addicting for me despite issues. That damn pod thing needs a fix. Replacement mec its kinda of janky

#190 6 years ago

Why do the topper lights go off during gameplay. There is 0 code for the topper and is an expensive add on. Has anyone heard of any update on this? Having the lights off during active play seems like a big over sight.

#191 6 years ago

Just picked a pro up. Love the layout and the code to me is basically a version of Aerosmith but way better. Two major gripes,
- only songs playing when not in mode or multi? This is a bummer....
- right loop hands out quite a few rejects, I know the shot tapers but it gets a little too tight I think.
- covering the outline with a ramp/sticker combo, and avatar lane guides is just cruel.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

- only songs playing when not in mode or multi? This is a bummer....

Download Pinball browser, I've got the full soundtrack in mine.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Download Pinball browser, I've got the full soundtrack in mine.

How many songs can you add to the rotation? More then 4? If not I hope its coded where people can freely add more then the 4 songs included.

Also why are there 0 flipper button VO/SFX idle call out. Hate when games don't have these callouts.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

sounds like a blocked opto in the groot lock mech. One thing I have noticed it this machine has been raining opto stickers.

2 weeks later
#195 6 years ago

New code!!!.............90!!!

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2018 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

Installation notice:
The code release is in ZIP format.
The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.

Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains two files.
Open the folder, copy the two files to the root level of a USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

PRO V0.90 - March 29, 2018
=====================

- added flipper blow off to awards at the Orb Lane.
- added logic to allow captured balls to exit the Orb Lane faster.
- now it takes 7 shots to complete Antiquities Shop.
- changed logic for the orbit control gates during Antiquities Shop (LE/Premium = Open, PRO = Closed).
- Added new award displays to quill's quest.
- Added optimized award displays for quill's quest.
- changed rules for Yaka Arrow, i.e. a pop bumper centric rule. Every pop bumper session gives an award and lights a shot to be collected at the orbit/ramp/etc.
- now it takes 8 shots to complete Yaka Arrow.
- optimized Gamora Award1 art files.
- added logic to the timer to display 7 bars to represent completion (Escape Kyln, Antiquities Shop).
- Updated Timer artwork with revised 7-piece timer.
- changed rules for Antiquities Shop, i.e. a switch centric rule. Every 20 switch hits gives an award in addition to awards collected at lit shots.
- added the status of switch hits remaining to the Antiquities Shop background display effect.
- changed rules for Yaka Arrow, i.e. a pop bumper centric rule. Every 10 pop bumper hits gives an award and lights a shot making it easier to complete the mode before time expires.
- orbit combos are not available during Yaka Arrow as orbits always divert the ball into the pops during this mode.
- added pop bumpers lamps to the mode select background lamp effect.
- added the status of pop bumper sessions remaining to the Yaka Arrow background display effect.
- Fixed an issue where, upon draining during a mode, the timer temporarily shows "0" tics remaining.
- Added display functionality to remove Yaka Arrow "pops left" when there are 0 pops remaining.
- added a grace period to Quills Quest shots.
- Added pops sessions left for Yaka Arrow mode.
- Fixed the formatting of the hurry up score in Quill's Quest.
- now it takes 12 shots to complete Quills Quest.
- changed the drop target logic during Quills Quest to catch and release balls shot into a lit drop target/Orb lane.
- now Quills Quest HurryUp Awards reset and bump up in value after each award.
- advancing towards Orb Multiball is no longer available when Quills Quest is a multiball.
- advancing towards Groot Multiball is no longer available when Quills Quest is a multiball.
- added Quills Quest multiball stop functionality.
- added HurryUp Score to Quills Quest background display effect.
- First session of Quills Quest is a 2 ball multiball.
- changed rules for Quills Quest, i.e. a HurryUp centric mode. Use the upgrade feature to make shots worth more points, Quill is always lit to collect an award.
- Modified primary and secondary mode light shows to not interfere with available lit shots.
- now shots to the Yondu lane are scored by both target and lane switch.
- optimized Yaka Arrow upgrade lit logic.
- fixed a bug where Groot's mouth would not open during Cherry Bomb Multiball Super Jackpot.
- Fixed high score game over screens to show the awards the player received.
- Modified game over champion screens to be representative of the modes in question, i.e. Cherry Bomb Multiball Champion uses a "red" animated background.
- reworked Yaka Arrow lamp infrastructure to accommodate upgraded pop bumper lamps.
- optimized Escape Kyln lane change lamp logic for top/bottom lanes.
- fixed a bug where the speech in Yaka Arrow 2 and Sanctuary 2 were transposed.
- now the upgrade shot is available as a combo, i.e. the upgrade lamp will blink faster to indicate a combo is available.
- added Cherry Bomb Jackpot, Double jackpot, Super Jackpot sounds.
- optimized lamp logic in hadron enforcer.
- Escape Kyln 2 is now a lanes centric rule.
- Antiquities Shop 2 is now a switch centric rule.
- changed rules for Escape Kyln, i.e. a lane centric mode. Play/Complete Escape Kyln to light a shot multiplier and advance Rocket Rampage Double Scoring.
- now it takes 7 shots to complete Escape Kyln.
- optimized background skill shot lamp effects.
- the Hadron Enforcer is not allowed to collect the final shot (Rocket) during Escape Kyln.
- changed the orbit control gate logic to accommodate diverting into the top lanes during Escape Kyln.
- Top/Bottom lanes Nova Corps rule is not available during Escape Kyln.
- Fixed an issue where the score frame Guardians target display continued to show when the bonus multipliers award came up.
- Added colorized background videos for cherry bomb and save xandar
- Added instant info for Cherry Bomb Champ and Save Xandar Champ.
- Fixed an issue where the guardian's target bank, upon completion, would still show the previous award if hit quickly.
- Modified mystery award presentation to be segmented for flipper blowoff, i.e. you can blowoff/fast forward to the award.
- Fixed mode 2 totals to include the '2' in the text.
- restructured Mystery Award Display Effect artwork to allow instant access to future frames in case the animation is blown off.
- changed rules for Sibling Rivalry, i.e. a combo/flow centric mode. Use the upgrade feature to light shots that, when made, will
light additional shots that are in line with the next flipped ball. This allows you to combo/finish the mode quickly.
- now it takes 8 shots to complete Sibling Rivalry.
- added 5-slot timer to Sanctuary
- changed rules for Knowhere, i.e. an orbit centric rule. Use the upgrade feature to light all the shots during Knowhere making
it easier to complete the mode before time expires.
- Added 5-slot timer Artwork.
- changed the rules for Pod Chase, i.e. a ramp centric mode. Use the upgrade feature to light all shots during Pod Chase making
it easier to complete the mode before time runs out.
- now it takes 10 shots to complete Pod Chase.
- changed Sanctuary 2 score awards.
- changed the rules for Sanctuary 2 which is now a roving super target mode. Hit the blinking Hadron Enforcer target to collect a roving super target award.
- Added jackpot #2 display effect awards to all shots in Save Xandar.
- Fixed an issue where switch hit display effects were not updating properly.
- Modified switch hit display effect to stop playing new switch hit effects if the max number of older effects exist.
- changed the default ball save settings on China games.
- changed the adjustable default number of shots required to Upgrade a mode, default = 0, i.e. Upgrade is lit at the start of a mode.
- changed the rules for Sanctuary which is now a target based mode. Complete the Hadron Enforcer targets before time runs out,
shooting a left orbit (Ronan) shot will spot/collect a Hadron Enforcer target.
- the Hadron Enforcer is no longer available during the Sanctuary mode.
- Added a new final shot background for super jackpot during cherry bomb multiball.
- Fixed an issue where jackpots for cherry bomb would occasionally not show.
- Modified cherry bomb switch awards to not re-use recent positions.
- Added super jackpot award for Save Xandar.
- Added Cherry Bomb final shot artwork.
- Updated Save Xandar character completion awards.
- Added new cherry bomb awards to Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- fixed a misspelled word in the Yaka Arrow shooter groove background display effect.
- fixed a misspelled word in the Yaka Arrow 2 Start display effect.
- added logic that allows qualification of the Hadron Enforcer outside of modes/multiballs, i.e. now you can add shots to the Hadron Enforcer when modes/multiballs are not running.
- added "Hadron Enforcer Qualified" as a mystery award.
- added "Hadron Enforcer is Qualified" display effect.
- Corrected Yaka Arrow titles.
- added logic to skip Cherry Bomb music as the background main play music if Chery Bomb Multiball wizard mode is ready to start.
- changed GUARDIANS spell out light logic. The "GUARDIANS of the Galaxy" light now strobes on/off when GUARDIANS is one letter/shot away from giving an award (Bonus X, Mystery Lit).
- changed RAMPAGE spell out light logic. The "Rampage" light now strobes on/off when RAMPAGE is one letter/shot away from starting Rocket's Rampage Double Scoring.
- added Save Xandar High Score Champion.
- added adjustments to support Save Xandar High Score Champion (default score threshold, type of award to give, # of awards to give.
- added Save Xandar Champion to the attract mode.
- added Save Xandar Ready lightshow.
- added Immolation Initiative Ready lightshow.
- Fixed an issue where some choreo blowoffs occurred outside of ball held devices.
- fixed broken audit (PRO only).
- reorganized mystery awards.
- Modified several choreos to have flipper blowoff enabled.
- added 2X Jackpot Lit display effect to Orb Multiball.
- added Cherry Bomb Multiball audits.
- added Increase Pop Bumper Value as a Mystery Award.
- Spinners and Pops are no longer available as mystery awards once they have reached their Max value.
- removed unused mystery awards.
- removed unused audits.
- Lowered the brightness of Hex videos
- Fixed letter spacing on "Hadron Enforcer Is Qualified".
- Changed layout of "Increase Pop Bumper Value" text.
- Cherry Bomb Multiball Super Jackpot is now collected by shooting into Groot's moving mouth.
- tweaking timing of auto launched balls being ignored by the orbit switches.
- the Hadron Enforcer is not available to collect a Cherry Bomb Multiball Super Jackpot.
- added a Cherry Bomb Multiball Super Jackpot Ready lightshow.
- Added abort animation adjustment to the mode and effect choreos.
- Added flipper blowoff to all choreo staged shots, specifically for layered mode awards.
- now the Hadron Enforcer can collect Save Xandar awards.
- raised the volume of the countdown speech during Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- added fixed Jackpot Scores to the Groot/Orb shots during Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- now all 9 shots remain lit for a jackpot award during Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- disabled target rule lightshows did not adhere to the rules color, this has been fixed.
- optimized mode background light availability functionality.
- optimized mode select background light availability functionality.
- Mystery awards are no longer available during Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- Groot target awards are no longer available during Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- Right Outlane Save is no longer available during Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- changed the Cherry Bomb Multiball ball save timer settings. Default = 60 seconds.
- changed the default initials for Cherry Bomb Multiball Champion to MXV.
- added a Cherry Bomb Multiball Completed display effect. (which shows total points collected during Cherry Bomb Multiball).
- now balls auto launched via the shooter lane in Cherry Bomb Multiball will activate the orbit diverter, i.e. the balls
will travel around the orbit to the left flipper instead of entering the pop bumpers.
- now Cherry Bomb Multiball has 3 award levels to collect/complete.
- added the Hadron Enforcer to Cherry Bomb Multiball wizard mode.
- Cherry Bomb Multiball Wizard mode is now a timed based multiball. At the end while the balls are draining you are shown the total points
collected before returning you back to 1 ball play.
- added Cherry Bomb Multiball wizard mode.
- added Cherry Bomb Multiball High Score Champion.
- added adjustments to support Cherry Bomb Multiball High Score Champion (default score threshold, type of award to give, # of awards to give.
- added Cherry Bomb Multiball Champion to the attract mode.
- optimized mode select display/music logic.
- added a Cassette deck as the main play background video when modes/multiballs are not playing.
- changed the criteria for qualifying Cherry Bomb Multiball. Now you need to complete any 4 modes (multiballs do not contribute to the count)
to enable this feature.
- now Immolation Initiative is not available to start if Cherry Bomb Multiball is ready to start.
- Added cherries and cherry bomb background animations.
- Added final shot plasma awards for each character and mode Final Shot for Save Xandar.
- Moved "Sequencing" text on the background score frame.
- Added flashers to all mystery awards.
- Fixed an issue where shot multiplier mystery award was showing lights inconsistently.
- added logic to play new/longer mode shooter groove videos.
- added an Orb Multiball add-a-ball limit adjustment, Default = 1. This is the number of times you can add-a-ball into play
by earning a Super Jackpot during Orb Multiball.
- Added extended mode start animations for Antiquities Shop, Escape Kyln, Pod Chase, Quill's Quest, Sanctuary, Sibling Rivalry, and Yaka Arrow.
- changed Orb Multiball scoring, now super jackpot values reset at the beginning of each Orb Multiball (and after a super jackpot has been collected).
- fixed a bug where the Hadron Enforcer was scoring a Orb Multiball Super Jackpot.
- limit the number of add-a-balls you can earn during Orb Multiball.
- Modified the timing of several mystery award light shows.
- fixed Orb Multiball background "advance shot multiplier" lightshow, i.e it was still flashing when all shot multipliers had been upgraded.
- Orb Multiball is now easier to complete. After collecting the Orb HurryUp Jackpot all shots are lit for a Jackpot.
Jackpots can be doubled by hitting the Orb target. After collecting all jackpots the Orb is lit for a double jackpot.
Collect the Double Jackpot at the Orb to start a captive ball Super Jackpot HurryUp.
- you can no longer use the Hadron Enforcer to collect an Orb Multiball Super Jackpot, i.e. you have to shoot the Orb shot.
- added strobing lights to Orb "x" Collected lightshow.
- added Orb Multiball Orb target lightshow and sound effect.
- now balls auto launched via the shooter lane in Orb Multiball will activate the orbit diverter, i.e. the balls will travel around the orbit
to the left flipper instead of entering the pop bumpers. This allows you time to hit the drop target captive ball in the Orb Lane before any
Orb Multiball HurryUp Award points count down.
- changed the default setting for the shot multiplier adjustment that required all multipliers to be collected before they could be collected again.
Now, upon draining, previous multiplier shots can be collected.
- changed the lamp logic on the lockdown bar button that indicates when a game can be started or not.
- Modified mode select lights to not show until mystery is concluded.
- Modified light show for multiplier lit awards via mystery.
- Modified mode shot lights to not show while mystery is being presented.
- Reverted lockdown bar button functionality to start games during match display.
- Removed light color (green) from lockdown bar button when the game has no credits.
- Updated mystery award "Hadron Enforcer Is Qualified" display effect with corrected word spacing.
- optimized pop sound effect sequence.
- Modified Groot multiball awards to cycle through awards, killing older ones if necessary.
- Modified the double scoring icon timer display to not be stale for half a second, i.e. this gives it time to present itself if the system is busy.
- Modified mode award display effects to stop playing over each other.
- Fixed Drax art.
- Fixed Drax display awards during save xandar.
- Fixed an issue where mystery awarded shot multipliers lit when shot multipliers were already lit.

#196 6 years ago

I see nothing about the topper? I hope they just missed it in this list and it's not still only working in attract mode.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

I see nothing about the topper? I hope they just missed it in this list and it's not still only working in attract mode.

Well it's only .9 update not 1.0...keeeeep waiting.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it's only .9 update not 1.0...keeeeep waiting.

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal and I definitely agree addressing modes and scoring should be a priority. But given the price tag on the topper ... please don't forget about it Stern, lol.

P.S - Are there like a couple hundred of us trying to download code right now? I'm coming up on nearly 3 hours and I'm probably just at about 60% downloaded.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

P.S - Are there like a couple hundred of us trying to download code right now? I'm coming up on nearly 3 hours and I'm probably just at about 60% downloaded.

Probably...that's pretty typical. I would open another browser and try another download at the same time.

#200 6 years ago

Any thoughts on the new code? It seems to be a total re design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-code-feedback/page/4?hl=mitoska and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.