20180116_224646 (resized).jpg
GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG
GOTG Capture (resized).JPG
F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220852 (resized).jpg
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Really wish GOTG was more like Star Wars.. make a shot and see a little bit of the scene, then it goes. Playing the whole scene just annoys me immensely.

Agree, the videos look like bacgkground and not well integrated into starting and completing modes. Also I agree with your comments on the attract mode. The Star Wars attract mode is so fun. They have all the clips so let's hope they get used properly.

#102 6 years ago

Since updating to .85 I’m having multiple balls put into the shooter lane. Also having balls end during game play. Usually after a multiball it will end with last ball still in normal play and give bonus. Anyone else having these issues with .85?

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from ArtieKC:

Since updating to .85 I’m having multiple balls put into the shooter lane. Also having balls end during game play. Usually after a multiball it will end with last ball still in normal play and give bonus. Anyone else having these issues with .85?

Nope, check connections on Node board near trough.. there is a trough test in menu in Node board test menu I think

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from ArtieKC:

I'm not having any of the issues you're noting. I'm on an LE. Can you clarify if you have a Pro or LE (just in case it's specific to your code download)?

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from ArtieKC:

I'm having multiple balls in the shooter lane on mine. From what I've read, the usual culprit is a switch in the trough. I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

#106 6 years ago

I have a pro. Reset the connectors. Seems odd that it started right after update to .85. No one had been in the machines to effect the trough connections. I’m going to do use the trough test tomorrow and see what I get results wise. Let you all know.

#107 6 years ago

Code suggestion....

Dear Stern,

when there is no mode running and you have the soundtrack music playing,

please make this screen;

GOTG Capture (resized).JPGGOTG Capture (resized).JPG

look like this screen;

GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPGGOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG

(bonus points for having the tape reels spin and the VU meter needles bounce)

Thanks,
EV

#108 6 years ago

I may be alone here but I would love to hear more implementation of the original score Guardians theme throughout the game. I know it plays some during multiball but I’d like it to play more often.

#109 6 years ago

Just changed out my speakers to Flipper Fidelity Pro on my GOTGLE. Not sure about others but my speakers sounded horrible. It sounds much better now. However it is bad quality sound file that ads some distortion to the speakers. Stern please fix this. So I had to buy my own speakers on a 8600 LE model? I had to buy the laser cut rails? Can you please just give us some better code? That is the least you can do. Thanks really appreciate it.

Can someone with a GOTGLE or other model please check there speakers. This is a picture of my speakers that was installed inside of my GOTGLE they are 8ohm 12watts I checked inside of my SWLE and the speakers looked to be similar but they are different slightly smaller magnet and the ratings is 8ohm 4watts. There is a big difference in wattage My SWLE sounded 1,000 % better then my GOTG so I wanted to see why. Can someone else with a guardians that is pleased with there sound quality please confirm what speakers they have installed.

Thank you.

Picture of my old GOTGLE speakers

20180116_224646 (resized).jpg20180116_224646 (resized).jpg

20180116_224701 (resized).jpg20180116_224701 (resized).jpg

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Just changed out my speakers to Flipper Fidelity Pro on my GOTGLE. Not sure about others but my speakers sounded horrible. It sounds much better now. However it is bad quality sound file that ads some distortion to the speakers. Stern please fix this. So I had to buy my own speakers on a 8600 LE model? I had to buy the laser cut rails? Can you please just give us some better code? That is the least you can do. Thanks really appreciate it.
Can someone with a GOTGLE or other model please check there speakers. This is a picture of my speakers that was installed inside of my GOTGLE they are 8ohm 12watts I checked inside of my SWLE and the speakers looked to be similar but they are different slightly smaller magnet and the ratings is 8ohm 4watts. There is a big difference in wattage My SWLE sounded 1,000 % better then my GOTG so I wanted to see why. Can someone else with a guardians that is pleased with there sound quality please confirm what speakers they have installed.
Thank you.
Picture of my old GOTGLE speakers

I'll check tomorrow. I have both LE's as well. I like Stern but yes, this is mind boggling how they cut corners given the price point. Star Wars in particular is a huge letdown even though it's still fun. They just went cheap as hell on all the details especially when compared to GOTG. No shaker, no real backglass, no blades, no action button surround plate, complete lack of toys, blah blah blah. I give JJP props for creating a superior quality product in this respect. I blame nobody but Gary for failing to seize on being a leader in the industry and instead just trying to profit short term as much as possible on the boom. No vision at all Gary.

#111 6 years ago

Initial impression 0.85 code with about 20+ plays

Overall I like this game and it has so much potential! The layout is great. I hope that this game gets the time and dedication it deserves.

The ball is constantly getting stuck behind the orb drop target. Sometimes it tries to release the ball, but does not give the ball enough time to roll out. This is really annoying and has happened at least 8-10 times per my 20+ play session. My angle and pitch is spot on.

The integration of the music is very strange and seems out of place. Would really like to see each mode with its own music track associated to it. Not being in a mode to start the track seems out of place. Also there is a long lull when a new track is starting for example when completing a mode there is silence followed by the new track starting.

I have heard VO lines and music from a previous ball continue onto the new ball for a couple seconds before starting the new balls music and VO.

Rules for each mode are very confusing. There is no on screen indicator to call out what to shoot for. Star Wars does a great job at this “shoot the purple shots”. This should be displayed at mode start and during the mode. The red indicators under the timer are so obscure and don’t call out a specific shot “purple shots” just how many you hit and are left.

Hitting the correct shot gives little or no feedback you did the right thing and completing a mode seems lack luster with little or no feedback.

I don’t understand how the second part of each mode works?

Some of the games events are not snappy. For example when you hit a skill shot it takes about 2-3 seconds to register and display the skill shot. This is seen in many other parts of the games flow making shots and feedback feel slow and sluggish across the entire game.

There was many times where audio just cut out completely and VO was playing or there was nothing total silence. Broke the immersion and felt like something was broken.

The black mode screens look placeholder

Magnets! This game has 3 Magnets! Use them! I expect magnets on for groot multi start and other modes. It is a big feature called out on the playfield “Magna Force” but I don’t see any Magna Force going on.

I want more skill shot options. Light plunge to groot, light plunge to roving target. The best one is the hld right flipper button orbit shot. Need more options to start a game.

When the player needs 1 more shot for the hardon Enforcer that shot should be blinking to call it out to the player “shoot this one to earn the enforcer”

This is the same for the final shot in a mode. Call this out to the player and let them know it’s the modes final shot.

Selecting each character “mode” should display the modes objectives. Yes the lights change on the PF, but showing some text would be great. “Shoot 8 yellow shots to complete the mode”

The inline and rollover lights had me very confused how they work. Moving and lighting them was confusing and took me a long time to understand how they work. Very little feedback or callout when completed and multipliers are ready to lock.

Does special even work yet?

When starting Groot multi-ball PLEASE call out VO “I AM GROOT” this should also play as each shot for his mode is hit.

Yondu VO is a joke…….. it’s funny, but so out of place to what’s going on in the game. It is what it is now, but needs better integration.

The attract mode is non-existent. There is NO flipper button SFX call outs, there is no film clips playing in attract mode, there is no music that randomly plays. Star Wars does an excellent job and it what I would expect. Please address this : )

The mode progression lights are not always keeping my progression ball to ball. I have seen it where I have played or completed a mode. On the next ball on the progression grid it is not lit up showing my overall progression.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

When the player needs 1 more shot for the hardon Enforcer that shot should be blinking to call it out to the player “shoot this one to earn the enforcer”

Yes, that darn "hardon" enforcer! lol. Kidding but very good feedback and agree, great points.

#113 6 years ago

Rumour that new code update for GOTG lands tomorrow

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Overall I like this game and it has so much potential! The layout is great. I hope that this game gets the time and dedication it deserves.
The ball is constantly getting stuck behind the orb drop target. Sometimes it tries to release the ball, but does not give the ball enough time to roll out. This is really annoying and has happened at least 8-10 times per my 20+ play session. My angle and pitch is spot on.
The integration of the music is very strange and seems out of place. Would really like to see each mode with its own music track associated to it. Not being in a mode to start the track seems out of place. Also there is a long lull when a new track is starting for example when completing a mode there is silence followed by the new track starting.
I have heard VO lines and music from a previous ball continue onto the new ball for a couple seconds before starting the new balls music and VO.
Rules for each mode are very confusing. There is no on screen indicator to call out what to shoot for. Star Wars does a great job at this “shoot the purple shots”. This should be displayed at mode start and during the mode. The red indicators under the timer are so obscure and don’t call out a specific shot “purple shots” just how many you hit and are left.
Hitting the correct shot gives little or no feedback you did the right thing and completing a mode seems lack luster with little or no feedback.
Some of the games events are not snappy. For example when you hit a skill shot it takes about 2-3 seconds to register and display the skill shot. This is seen in many other parts of the games flow making shots and feedback feel slow and sluggish across the entire game.
There was many times where audio just cut out completely and VO was playing or there was nothing total silence. Broke the immersion and felt like something was broken.
Magnets! This game has 3 Magnets! Use them! I expect magnets on for groot multi start and other modes. It is a big feature called out on the playfield “Magna Force” but I don’t see any Magna Force going on.
I want more skill shot options. Light plunge to groot, light plunge to roving target. The best one is the hld right flipper button orbit shot. Need more options to start a game.
This is the same for the final shot in a mode. Call this out to the player and let them know it’s the modes final shot.
Selecting each character “mode” should display the modes objectives. Yes the lights change on the PF, but showing some text would be great. “Shoot 8 yellow shots to complete the mode”
The inline and rollover lights had me very confused how they work. Moving and lighting them was confusing and took me a long time to understand how they work. Very little feedback or callout when completed and multipliers are ready to lock.
When starting Groot multi-ball PLEASE call out VO “I AM GROOT” this should also play as each shot for his mode is hit.
Yondu VO is a joke…….. it’s funny, but so out of place to what’s going on in the game. It is what it is now, but needs better integration.
The attract mode is non-existent. There is NO flipper button SFX call outs, there is no film clips playing in attract mode, there is no music that randomly plays. Star Wars does an excellent job and it what I would expect. Please address this : )
The mode progression lights are not always keeping my progression ball to ball. I have seen it where I have played or completed a mode. On the next ball on the progression grid it is not lit up showing my overall progression.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Please send Stern an email as well. That is the right way to go forward. Hoping Lonnie looks at Pinside may not get anything changed.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Excellent feedback. I agree with almost all, if not all of your points. I truly hope someone at Stern sifts through this thread and takes note of many of the shortcomings noted and integrates many of the great ideas posted by Pinsiders. I do not want Stern to think this is a bashing-thread. I understand there are several people who purchased the game and regret it, but as I read the comments, I feel there are many Pinsiders, like me, who would purchase again. My family and friends are having a lot of fun playing this game, but I just know it could be even better. I'll just keep dreaming that a lot of the suggested improvements, which seem to be very similar, will make it in to future code.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks for taking the time to post. Please send Stern an email as well. That is the right way to go forward. Hoping Lonnie looks at Pinside may not get anything changed.

I agree. Send it. I actually sent Stern an email detailing improvement requests. I received a pleasant response from Chas, thanking me for caring and telling me he would forward my note to engineering.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I agree. Send it. I actually sent Stern an email detailing improvement requests. I received a pleasant response from Chas, thanking me for caring and telling me he would forward my note to engineering.

That is awesome. We email Stern as well so they can keep improving their product.

Happy Flipping!

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I hope stern is looking through this thread so they know it is time for them to release the next code update.

#119 6 years ago

Bring on the Code!!

I like what they did with ORB multiball.
On the 0.85.

#120 6 years ago

Great feedback @ mummite!

I was thinking about GoTG today and one of the shortcomings for me right now is this oversimplification:
1. all of the excitement and points can be had by hitting the easiest shot in the game 6 times (for Groot multiball) - that gets you big points and exciting flashing lights.
2. to complete a mode, you have to hit 10ish significantly more difficult (and timed) shots - that gets you almost nothing in comparison.

But the good thing about that is that it can all be fixed with code!

I feel a sense of accomplishment when I complete a mode even if there aren't many points or fun theme related things happening to immerse me more into the game/theme. When you pure one of the lit shots in a mode - it feels good! So now we just need to make the game come to life more during the modes and when you complete a mode (call outs, light shows, points, etc.) to immerse you into the game more and balance things out.

This was my first new pin purchase...I've been waiting to pull the trigger on my first new game for awhile now and will admit that I pulled it prematurely in hopes that they're able to make the code outstanding (I'm not complaining that I bought the game and it isn't done...I knew that ahead of time ). I hope Stern continues to invest in this game because I feel like it has the potential to be great. For me, Metallica is my favorite Stern machine, but my brother-in-law owns one so I want something different...while some say this is the same layout, it doesn't play anything like it (and that's OK with me).

#121 6 years ago

Are you not able to give yourself more time to complete a mode? I have not seen the setting for us pisspoor pinball players.

#122 6 years ago

Played some more tonight some more feedback.

Playing not starting a mode at game start is so much better. WE need more music! This is the key to this game and its success it’s what make Guardians . . . . . . Guardians! Music and Code!

The fire button does not light up in attract mode. This drives me bonkers that it sits dormant and off.

Spelling Rocket for 2X scoring is madness! I would rather have a shorter word like “FIRE” or something to easier achieve to get the sense of doing something exciting. It’s a hard shot just lower the time 2X Look at the bell in AC/DC for good balanced example.

When selecting a mode, I want to know my progress from the previous ball. Keep the blinking you played or completed this mode lights going on the playfield so I can better make my choice. Did I do this one yet or now? What’s my progress? This drives me nuts not seeing this info.

I played Knowhere and there was a part in this mode where the shots never change. Its right orbit over and over. . . . . . 3+ shots to the same shot. Lame mode. . . .

If going for the blinking shots during a mode nets more points do some fan fair or callout to let players know. Even if it’s just a special sound unique to that extra point shot.

My biggest issues is still the dang Orb shot and the drop target trapping it! Ugh……. So many times it gets trapped and nothing. Drop target tries and nope. . . . . does not let the ball go. Lets do a ball search..........

Also the “I AM Groot” line should play when he opens his mouth and at mode start. Major missed opportunity here.

Don’t make this game a missed opportunity like the “The Last Jedi movie” So much potential here STERN! Don’t pass this up! Code fixes and addressing these items are key to success. I hope we don’t get to code 1.00 and whelp the game is done. . . . . this game needs attention and we are here to help.

#123 6 years ago

More comments and feedback

It’s bad enough that the music tracks only play when you’re not in a mode. On top of that they are buried even further with the Mode 2 for each mode. Are these even needed (maybe they are not completed yet for me to see the big picture)? If Mode2 is supposed to be a reward like you have super loops or pops give more points. Then it should be treated like Star Trek where you earn it within the mode and it’s on for X amount of time or until the end of a ball. The second layer “mode2” is confusing and it makes finishing a mode not feel gratifying.

Suggestion Remove the second mode (keep it simple) replace with --> during a mode hit X number of flashing mode shots to start reward unlocks for the mode. These can even be roving or more per how far you are in each mode or how far you are progressively across all modes. The players reward stays persistent until ball is lost or times out.

Pod Chase (hit 3 flashing shots to earn) - Super ramps
Sibling Rivalry (hit 3 flashing shots to earn) - Super Spinners
Quills Quest - (hit 3 flashing shots to earn) – Super Rocket Earn 2/3 letters from one hit
Sanctuary (hit 3 flashing shots to earn) – Super Pops
Knowhere (hit 3 flashing shots to earn) – Super Orbits

Mystery Reward suggestions

Earn letter(s) towards Rocket 2X
Earn letter(s) towards Guardians
Spot a shot for free if in a mode
Earn Hardon Enforcer
Earn Outlane ball save (reset rollover progress)
Light Special = Gives tons of points?

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I'm ready! Is it coming?

#125 6 years ago

Add more songs.

#126 6 years ago

Add more humor. GOTG was a funny movie, the pin should be too. There are many opportunities for custom call outs with these characters.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from bcsellie:

I'm ready! Is it coming?

That’s what I heard at the EAG in London..

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I noticed that if you time out the sanctuary 1 mode after a few shots then it appears to complete it and allow progression to sanctuary 2

Tried this again today and its definitely a bug which can be exploited to help progression of to the 2 wizard modes. After it times out it awards a full completion and progresses to level 2 with super pops. Also handy if you get this going just before locking the 3/4th ball in groot!

Also found a bug where the pod chase arrow shots reduce to just the 2 left and right ramp shots instead of the full fan. Not worked out if its a certain sequence causing it yet.

I like the level 2 options for completing the mode, but i'd like a way to continue them instead of being locked out of it once you go into the mode start.

I'd also like a way to move to another mode once you get passed the half way point without having to wait for the timer to end or you completing the mode, i.e light the mode start after you qualify the active mode for immolation initiative so you can choose what to do next.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Also the “I AM Groot” line should play when he opens his mouth and at mode start. Major missed opportunity here.

I would like to see some more callouts added to Groot oh wait... I forgot... I am Groot!Damn... Anyway. I would like to hear some more of Groot. I spend a long time playing the game. And barely hear "I am Groot" it should be triggered more often. It would be nice to see his mouth moving while saying something.(Like Rudy does)

I am Groot!

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I'd also like a way to move to another mode once you get passed the half way point without having to wait for the timer to end or you completing the mode, i.e light the mode start after you qualify the active mode for immolation initiative so you can choose what to do next.

Yes, agree on this. Very annoying that you have to wait on the timer. Good point.

Let's hope for NEW code and songs Soooooon! Keep the comments coming

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

So I had to buy my own speakers on a 8600 LE model? I had to buy the laser cut rails?

You could have purchased a cheaper Premium over the LE. Everyone knows that the upgrades from a pro are not many for the money. Its your fault if you expected more than the pro offered. This is why they have a matrix of features. Nowhere in there does it say "includes laser cut rails" or "upgraded speakers." Sounds like you are just finding things to bitch about that you knew weren't part of the price.

The code being incomplete and everyone bitching, they should have known better. Its not like its the first time this has happened. If you worry about the code sucking, then wait a few years for it to develop before you purchase. Otherwise, take your lumps. Making suggestions for code updates is a great idea though. Its super annoying to see "this code sucks" every 3 seconds on any newer stern game. I suppose, this is pinside, so it should be expected.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Making suggestions for code updates is a great idea though

That's the plan! I enjoy giving feedback and seeing the game grow. This has worked out on many games Stern games I have owned.

Thanks for listening Stern and we are all here for one thing making fun pinball!

#133 6 years ago

Ready for the next code update!!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

You could have purchased a cheaper Premium over the LE. Everyone knows that the upgrades from a pro are not many for the money. Its your fault if you expected more than the pro offered. This is why they have a matrix of features. Nowhere in there does it say "includes laser cut rails" or "upgraded speakers." Sounds like you are just finding things to bitch about that you knew weren't part of the price.
The code being incomplete and everyone bitching, they should have known better. Its not like its the first time this has happened. If you worry about the code sucking, then wait a few years for it to develop before you purchase. Otherwise, take your lumps. Making suggestions for code updates is a great idea though. Its super annoying to see "this code sucks" every 3 seconds on any newer stern game. I suppose, this is pinside, so it should be expected.

Not upset on my purchase at all. It's just that I'm a blind man that relies on my caretaker to advise me on my pinball purchases.

Well if you did not get the sarcasm from my first post you probably will not get this one either. I know what I buy. I can read. Just mentioning to stern in my comments the obvious. It's always nice to get more for your money. Very happy with my purchase. Game looks great & shoots great. Code needs help in my opinion but most seem to like that as well. You seem a tad hostile not sure what has troubled you but you should play more pinball.

#135 6 years ago

During Orb Multi-Ball the call out "Skill Shot Collected" plays. Why is that VO line playing during Orb Multi-Ball? Lots of clean up on the VO and video timing. Hoping to see this in the next update.

#136 6 years ago

Loving this game, especially the layout and artwork, awesome. Have some thoughts on rules though as below:

Left drains are a nightmare though and frustrating straight from a successful orb shot (target down) and almost seems to be the magnet partly to blame so wondering if this can be addressed, maybe with a short ball save like on Kiss and Groot Multiball. I've tried turning off the magnet and this seems to do the trick so definitely seems to the magnet at fault. Seems to always energise in the same way when releasing from the orb hole rather than randomly. Seems a shame to disable as fun to have the magnet in the game otherwise.

Also tend to get a number of left drains from right loop return onto right slingshot so again if slinghsot power was adjusted maybe these could be reduced.

Sometimes have characters lit during modes but seem independent of lit shots by colour changing inserts so don't know what these do - can anyone advise?

Enjoy the modes but like others have already noted, if playing purely for points, modes are so outweighed by groot multiball, so be good if the scoring opportunities were more balanced. Maybe give more of a bonus for completing modes and let the current awards for competing a mode stay active for that ball or even whole game. Also if shoot flashing shot, counts as 2 hits rather than 1 to make completion easier.

As already mentioned by others, Sanctuary can be timed out to complete which seems a bug.

Would help if mode timer only starts to count down once switch made rather than in shooter lane and paused during extra ball and multiball awards.

Some timers seem to last much more than others with comparable modes and range from 45 to 120. Upgrade does not award extra time for all modes which would help if it did.

Spelling Rocket for 2x scoring needs to at least carry through the whole game rather than reset for each ball (assuming I'm correct here) as not yet got near this award. Maybe just need to spell KET first time round and then CKET, OCKET, ROCKET for subsequent awards, just like Guardians is significantly truncated for first award of bonus x.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from robotgreg:

Would help if mode timer only starts to count down once switch made rather than in shooter lane and paused during extra ball and multiball awards.

Great suggestions! I have noticed the countdown when in shooter lane also.

#138 6 years ago

At the end of a ball it counts how many shots to each character you made. Maybe if you get a complete set you could get a bonus. Like spotting one letter of RAMPAGE or something. Maybe the second time it grants a Hadron Enforcer. Or, adds time to one of the timed playfied multipliers for the next ball. Something could be granted with each completion. Or, maybe space it out to every other or something. My Yondu target doesn't get many hits. It's a cool shot, maybe this could help.

As far as the Groot all day concern goes. It seems to me that as long as you can stack it with a mode, people will always want to bring a mode into Groot multiball. That's fine, alot of mode based games are like this. But maybe, if they didn't stack, you could make the single ball modes more fun to play. Perhaps progress/completion in each mode pumps up the value of mulitball jackpots.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from robotgreg:

Some timers seem to last much more than others with comparable modes and range from 45 to 120. Upgrade does not award extra time for all modes which would help if it did.

I mentioned this one earlier as well. It's always frustrating (especially when you're playing with a buddy or others) and you're just standing there looking at the screen or playfield thinking about what you want to do and realize the timer has ticked off 10 or 15 seconds. Grrrr. Quite a bit of code tweaking like this is desperately needed on this game on top of other major issues noted. I really hope this game gets due attention because the artwork and layout nailed it in my book. It just needs the code to be knocked out of the park at this point and it has a way to go.

#140 6 years ago

Another suggestion: what i'd like to see is a way to knock shots off the mode completion count. 'Spot Shot' for example. Added into the mystery award set and if spelling guardians completed say 3 mode shots aswell as the bonus multiplier etc and/or a ROCKET letter spotted 1/2 shots along with the progression to x2 scoring.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

'Spot Shot' for example. Added into the mystery award set and if spelling guardians completed say 3 mode shots aswell as the bonus multiplier etc and/or a ROCKET letter spotted 1/2 shots along with the progression to x2 scoring.

yes, totally

I had a similar thought.

Mystery Reward suggestions

Earn letter(s) towards Rocket 2X
Earn letter(s) towards Guardians
Spot a shot for free if in a mode
Earn Hardon Enforcer
Earn Outlane ball save (reset rollover progress)
Light Special = Gives tons of points/light Xtra ball?

Anyone heard anything on a new code drop.

#142 6 years ago

We’re going to be streaming Guardians of the Galaxy LE tonight with the v.85 code. At this point in code development, obviously Groot MB is how you score points on the game but we’ll be focusing on better understanding modes and other features in order to contribute to the Wiki at Tilt Forums. http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/

If anyone wants to tune in and help us figure out the nuances and extrapolate strategy, we’ll be live at 7pm Mountain Time: https://www.twitch.tv/coloradopinball

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from robotgreg:

Sometimes have characters lit during modes but seem independent of lit shots by colour changing inserts so don't know what these do - can anyone advise?

This is one of the things we'd like to figure out during our stream. The character names are lit whenever you Upgrade your mode. My best (untested) guess is that shooting lit character shots might increase the value of the lit mode shots. Could be totally wrong.

Take Knowhere as an odd example where the mode starts with ramps lit and then orbits flashing which should score 2x. Upgrade Knowhere and only orbits are lit but so are the orbit characters. Left orbit is lit yellow and right orbit is lit red. So...would the left orbit (yellow) increase the value of the right orbit (red)? Or vice versa? I mention this because Knowhere's mode is red.

The upgraded modes will light the character of that modes color and another character of a different color. That's gotta mean something, right?

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from SnowGalvin:

We’re going to be streaming Guardians of the Galaxy LE tonight with the v.85 code.

Very cool, Tilt Forums has been my go to place for rules. Nice to see this title getting some rules investigation and feedback. Will try and tune in.

#145 6 years ago

Code******!!!!!!!!!

#146 6 years ago

This is how you say code in 7 languages. Perhaps one of these will work.

암호
kodirati
codice
alshafara
koda
código

Thank you

#147 6 years ago

Many of the modes will not complete 100% of the time. Especially Yaka Arrow.

Note on LE/Premium. Left Arm distracts from insert lighting.

Graphic Design on Mode shot. Overlay with Vertical Lines looks like a glitch.

BIG Pet peeve. Countdown's start before Next Player engages ball. Serious issue for multi-players whens someone is getting a bear.

Stern Make this open source and I'll fix this FREE OF CHARGE.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Serious issue for multi-players whens someone is getting a bear

#149 6 years ago

I’ve been looking a Sterns website for code updates every day

Got it so wrong! Was informed at the EAG in London that code was 2 days away (18th)
Hope that Lonnie has been listening and the code update is EPIC!

I’m not playing it much as it is.. don’t like the way modes just play and there is no interaction

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Got it so wrong! Was informed at the EAG in London that code was 2 days away (18th)

Shocking to no one but you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-code-feedback/page/3?hl=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.