20180116_224646 (resized).jpg
GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG
GOTG Capture (resized).JPG
F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220852 (resized).jpg
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Greetings! Issue with my new Pro although I don’t know if this would be code related. Groot mouth does not open and close properly. Anyone else having this issue?

We had that issue. Happening intermittent. The fault was a faulty switch registering when groots mouth is open. Check the switch in and test menu. Replacing it with a new solved our issue.

#53 6 years ago

Here's what's new:

PRO V0.85 - January 9, 2018
=====================

- optimized switch hit graphics during Escape Kyln 2 as each FX was slowing down the display.
- changed Immolation Initiative music to match Intro with Ronan.
- optimized switch hit graphics during Immolation Initiative.
- updated the display effect that appears while pressing both flipper buttons in the attract mode to show the score(s) of the last game played.
- updated the Competition Mode display effect that appears in the attract mode while holding in the left flipper button.
- added a level 2 jackpot lightshow to Immolation Initiative.
- Added score frame to Immolation Initiative progress display screen
- added award display f/x to Immolation Initiative.
- fixed a problem where mode select was still active after the player plunged the ball and inadvertently switched the selected mission as they used the flippers to move the lit skill shot.
- added an Immolation Initiative Champion to instant info
- added an adjustment to allow Mode Select at Ball Start, default is "Yes".
- added skill shot speech.
- added Hadron Enforcer speech.
- added skill shot, super skill shot sound FX.
- now every other Immolation Initiative level 2 jackpot adds a ball back into play.
- added Immolation Initiative light logic to the bottom grid of lamps.
- added Save Xandar light logic to the bottom grid of lamps.
- changed logic for the orbit control gates to remain down during Immolation Initiative.
- Groot Multiball ball save progress has been optimized.
- added a Hadron Enforcer Awards adjustment, i.e. # of Hadron Enforcers shots to award upon completing the Hadron Enforcer targets.
- increased the MAX number of Hadron Enforcer shots accumulated to 9.
- raised the volume of the Sibling Rivalry, Pod Chase & Sanctuary Awards as they were hard to hear over the background FX.
- added Immolation Initiative awards to the Hadron Enforcer, i.e. the Hadron Enforcer can collect Immolation Initiative awards.
- fixed a bug where the Hadron Enforcer would give awards when they were not available.
- added a level 1 jackpot lightshow to Immolation Initiative.
- added Immolation Initiative progress display screen.
- fixed Immolation Initiative speech.
- added Hadron Enforcer Lit sound F/X.
- now only single rampage letters show up if the display is busy showing other awards.
- the Hadron Enforcer action button, after game over, was still flashing in the attract mode. This has been fixed.
- Immolation Initiative can now be restarted if a level 2 Jackpot (which adds a ball) is collected during the grace period.
- fixed a bug where the right outlane ball save was awarded if you drained during the start of Multiball. Now the game gives the ball back without turning off the right outlane ball save lamp.
- added Immolation Initiative High Score Champion.
- added adjustments to support Immolation High Score Champion (default score threshold, type of award to give, # of awards to give.
- added Immolation Initiative Champion to the attract mode.
- Fixed a problem where high score 3 was showing phantom letters.
- fixed Immolation Initiative speech that was being cut off.
- Immolation Level 1 and 2 Jackpot awards can now be collected via switch hit thresholds.
- fixed a bug where locked balls were not being added into play during Immolation Initiative.
- added Immolation Initiative Wizard Mode.
- restructured Orb Magnet timeout to be more efficient.
- added mode start display effects for all movie modes, i.e. Sanctuary, Sanctuary 2.
- now the top magnet pulses during Orb Multiball
- now cycling magnet(s) will timeout if balls are being held on the flipper.
- added lights to Orb Multiball to indicate orb/super jackpot levels.
- Added Hadron Enforcer lit display FX.
- high score initials music was running during the match f/x, this has been fixed.
- added End of Ball Bonus Multiplier sound FX 1X-10X.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code

#54 6 years ago

Installed .85 on an LE. I must be missing something. The upper top-right drop-in lanes. I light them both. And they just stay lit? Nothing is awarded, they just stay lit? What the heck is up with that? I must be missing something but it's confusing me because I know of no other game that does this.

Still disappointed .85 does not offer a heck of a lot more. Still no scoring balance and the modes still seem worthless going for. Still just shoot Groot, no?

I'm also still surprised at how little is accomplished in 3+ weeks of code development. Why can Stern not hire more developers? Just odd.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I like that!! Where do I order?
Thanks..

Looks like they’re not ready yet. Stay tuned!!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Speakerlightkits.com

I don't see GOTG listed as an option? Special request?

#57 6 years ago

Does the timer still run before you plunge a ball?

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

I don't see GOTG listed as an option? Special request?

Not ready yet I guess. I know he’s been working on getting them dialed in for The lcd games. Stay tuned!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Installed .85 on an LE. I must be missing something. The upper top-right drop-in lanes. I light them both. And they just stay lit? Nothing is awarded, they just stay lit? What the heck is up with that? I must be missing something but it's confusing me because I know of no other game that does this.
Still disappointed .85 does not offer a heck of a lot more. Still no scoring balance and the modes still seem worthless going for. Still just shoot Groot, no?
I'm also still surprised at how little is accomplished in 3+ weeks of code development. Why can Stern not hire more developers? Just odd.

They stay lit because you need to complete all the lower lanes as well to light your shot multiplier which will then be locked on the next subsequent shot.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

I'll be interested to check this out later, as that was on my 'fix' list

The thing i want more than anything is a progress report on shots made per movie mode when selecting the next so you can determine how far along you are.

Plus i'd like the amount of shots required on the modes dialled down a bit, especially for level 1. Reminds me of transformers where it was rock hard to get deep into the game!

Glad to see these 2 addressed though

- fixed a problem where mode select was still active after the player plunged the ball and inadvertently switched the selected mission
- added mode start display effects for all movie modes, i.e. Sanctuary, Sanctuary 2.

And this

- updated the display effect that appears while pressing both flipper buttons in the attract mode to show the score(s) of the last game played.

No more dmd emulation!!

#61 6 years ago

It should be forbidden by pinball law to use ball save lights during light show.
They should only be used for one function, and one function only; to show you that ball save is on.

#62 6 years ago

ask

Please Please Please... put an option to allow the user to start a game without being in a mode. Like the good ol' days, I want to earn my mode, not be given it for free. Have the right scoop blinking for the start and shoot it to start the mode (or allow user to select)

and you shall receive

>>- added an adjustment to allow Mode Select at Ball Start, default is "Yes".

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

They stay lit because you need to complete all the lower lanes as well to light your shot multiplier which will then be locked on the next subsequent shot.

Wow, really? Has any other game ever done this? This was not obvious to me at all (Is there some indication that this is what a player needs to do?) Am I the only one who did not realize this? Probably, lol.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Wow, really? Has any other game ever done this? This was not obvious to me at all (Is there some indication that this is what a player needs to do?) Am I the only one who did not realize this? Probably, lol.

Definitely fairly uncommon, if not the first. Cannot remember how the shot multipliers light on transformers. That may have been the same way.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

I would say I'm pretty seasoned and pick up on rules pretty quickly, but it still took me a time or two playing to realize they didn't cycle through with the other 3. You'll also notice the two inserts on the left inlanes cycle between each other and not the three across the bottom. That was somewhat new to me.

This type of code helps illustrate how difficult a job our beloved pinball programmers have - write a ruleset that intrigues and challenges seasoned players as well as being fun and enjoyable for people who have stepped up to the game for the first time.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The thing i want more than anything is a progress report on shots made per movie mode when selecting the next so you can determine how far along you are.

Well, i think i've seen some sort of progress page related to immolation initiative so that is promising. It wasn't on for long though so i didn't get chance to read it all. Possibly it pops up after a mode finishes, not sure exactly at the mo.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

TF was that way. That's why you'll constantly see players backhanding the left ramp again & again to light each multiplier

#68 6 years ago

OK, I guess I just didn't realize this...

The vertical bars under the timer in the upper left corner of the display show the number of shots required and each bar lights as the shots are made progressing through the mode. Some modes require more shots than others. Would still love to see less shots required to complete the mode. I think the average requirement was about 12 shots. (8 modes... that a lot of shots). Or is the strategy to start as many different modes as possible, not necessarily finishing them? Will you get to "Immulation" MB more easily?

Can someone help me with the "Guardians" letters across the top of the screen. Usually half lit and I've seen them progress. What am I hitting to make them progress? Should I be trying to progress from a strategy? Worth it?

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Can someone help me with the "Guardians" letters across the top of the screen. Usually half lit and I've seen them progress. What am I hitting to make them progress? Should I be trying to progress from a strategy? Worth it?

Its the massive target on the lhs that progresses this. Once completed i think it ups your bonus multiplier for end of ball bonus

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

OK, I guess I just didn't realize this...
The vertical bars under the timer in the upper left corner of the display show the number of shots required and each bar lights as the shots are made progressing through the mode. Some modes require more shots than others. Would still love to see less shots required to complete the mode. I think the average requirement was about 12 shots. (8 modes... that a lot of shots). Or is the strategy to start as many different modes as possible, not necessarily finishing them? Will you get to "Immulation" MB more easily?

Hitting the large target enough times also lights mystery at the scoop. This is critical to have lit before starting a MB as it awards add-a-ball and advances towards the super jackpots and completing the multiballs.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

TF was that way. That's why you'll constantly see players backhanding the left ramp again & again to light each multiplier

Actually - TF cycles through the inserts at the top right lane AND the bottom right lanes together via the right flipper button and the opposite for the left flipper. GOTG doesn't cycle any of the lower inlane inserts with the upper inserts. TF is also unique in that it has two inserts to light on each of the two top lanes.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Hitting the large target enough times also lights mystery at the scoop. This is critical to have lit before starting a MB as it awards add-a-ball and advances towards the super jackpots and completing the multiballs.

Good to know. I hadn’t worked out what was lighting mystery. As you say essential for groot mb and a nice feature. Is it when guardians is completed like the other stuff or just a preset no of hits ?

Increase spinners still there as an award on pros though unfortunately!

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Can confirm the timer starts at the beginning of the turn still. Not fixed yet.

#74 6 years ago

Magnets on LE are active during orb Multi ball. Shaker motor feels better also.

.85 is a welcome improvement.

It's starting to take shape..

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Magnets on LE are active during orb Multi ball.

Cool, hoping these magnets get used in other places. Lots of creative ways to pulse these for various modes.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Cool, hoping these magnets get used in other places. Lots of creative ways to pulse these for various modes.

They did a nice job on the magnets during ORB MB ..

#77 6 years ago

I've noticed the timer for all modes starts counting down immediately before I even launch a ball. Is it possible to have it start only after a ball is launched? Or at least have a few second delay?

Also, I'd really love to see a callout when a mode is about to expire with 10 or 15 seconds left ("Time is running out!"). I know there is the counter in the upper left of the lcd, but you usually don't have a moment to look up and right now, the mode just ends out of the blue.

#78 6 years ago

It's ok folks keep buying and complaining. Stern doesn't really give a shit as long as you are forking over the $$$$. When are people going to wake up?

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's ok folks keep buying and complaining. Stern doesn't really give a shit as long as you are forking over the $$$$. When are people going to wake up?

Huh? Who is complaining? We're just making suggestions or requests for various code updates. I love this game.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Huh? Who is complaining? We're just making suggestions or requests for various code updates. I love this game.

Oh I dunno

Quoted from ASOA:

HELLO! IS ANYONE LISTENING OVER THERE AT STERN?
You guys did the right thing on SW code. It is right where it needs to be. However GOTG? What are you guys thinking. I get you putting a pin out before the holidays to boost 4th quarter sales but now its time to give those loyal buyers of yours what they deserve and that is a great coded game.

Quoted from JMcDonald:

I'd call this complaining.....

#81 6 years ago

Oh I dunno

Umm, you're quoting me and I was not complaining at all. I was only trying to understand what is gong on with those lanes. As I said, I love the game and am extremely happy with my purchase.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Umm, you're quoting me and I was not complaining at all. I was only trying to understand what is gong on with those lanes. As I said, I love the game and am extremely happy with my purchase.

Hey, don't let the truth get in the way of his crusade.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey, don't let the truth get in the way of his crusade.

You got the right Actually I've been really quiet for the past few months. I actually feel better that my last Stern is up for sale. My resolution for 2018 will be to stop bitching about Stern. Guess my resolution didn't last long. I'll call this a relapse... back to trying

#84 6 years ago

My resolution for 2018 will be to stop bitching about Stern. Guess my resolution didn't last long.

If you took all resolutions people made, 12 days isn't that bad

#85 6 years ago

Hi. I was complaining.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Hi. I was complaining.

Since you made that comment before the latest code update I'm curious what you think now assuming you've played .85? I certainly think a little more polishing is needed but I'm pretty happy with how fun this game is shaping up to be.

#87 6 years ago

Stern knows what they need to do. Let's see how long it takes them to do it. This title has the potential to be great. Art is great. Playfield is great. Tough shots good music just needs more code.......

#88 6 years ago

Oh I dunno

How about A F.U. for flashinstinct .. Move on ..

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How about A F.U. for flashinstinct .. Move on ..

Lovely...

#90 6 years ago

You did come into a thread where the title states it is feedback about code.... Guardians of the Galaxy code nonetheless (which clearly has issues) and told people to quit complaining lol. What did you expect. It kind of pisses people off when people do those things. If you owned the game and thought the code was fine and the complaining was pointless that would be one thing but that wasn’t the case. I can’t speak for his actions but you were kind of being a prick for no reason you know

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

You did come into a thread where the title states it is feedback about code.... Guardians of the Galaxy code nonetheless (which clearly has issues) and told people to quit complaining lol. What did you expect. It kind of pisses people off when people do those things. If you owned the game and thought the code was fine and the complaining was pointless that would be one thing but that wasn’t the case. I can’t speak for his actions but you were kind of being a prick for no reason you know

Yup i guess. Some people get rattled so easily. But it's ok ive got my big boy pants on. You guys keep chipping at the Stern request block. #wheresthecode over and out

#92 6 years ago

Got to round or level 2 on a couple of modes and am a little confused as to the rules. Starts a kind of bonus round I think for example what I saw was

Pod chase: 10 super ramps lit
Sibling rivalry : 100 super spinners lit

Seems though that the mode start is lit and if the ball accidently goes in there you can't then return to a level 2 mode as its marked as completed??

Also why super spinners as level 2 on a pro game?

Gonna be really challenging to get to the end of this game but that is a good thing (for now)

#93 6 years ago

This happened to me 3 times in the first 50 games I played on my LE. Seems like it gets stuck very easy there. Is it just my machine or has this happened to anybody else?

F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpegF001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Got to round or level 2 on a couple of modes and am a little confused as to the rules. Starts a kind of bonus round I think for example what I saw was
Pod chase: 10 super ramps lit
Sibling rivalry : 100 super spinners lit
Seems though that the mode start is lit and if the ball accidently goes in there you can't then return to a level 2 mode as its marked as completed??
Also why super spinners as level 2 on a pro game?
Gonna be really challenging to get to the end of this game but that is a good thing (for now)

It's copied code and super spinners should not be there on the pro. It's just dull lazy coding at its best and why I regret buying this game. Really hoping Dwight is on Maiden with Borg which is up next.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's copied code and super spinners should not be there on the pro. It's just dull lazy coding at its best and why I regret buying this game. Really hoping Dwight is on Maiden with Borg which is up next.

If they would just turn the switch reading on and sound...I'll make the spinner mod...coding is there lol.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

If they would just turn the switch reading on and sound...I'll make the spinner mod...coding is there lol.

I haven't looked. Is turning it on that simple? Is there an empty molex plug waiting under the playfield or does the spinner plug into a node board? If there is a plug already, maybe sound and scoring is already "on".

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I haven't looked. Is turning it on that simple? Is there an empty molex plug waiting under the playfield or does the spinner plug into a node board? If there is a plug already, maybe sound and scoring is already "on".

There are empty slots on the node board but its not as simple as plugging it in...tried that
The program has to first look for the switch then react to it.
Would it be simple for Stern to do yes but not for us.
If you play the Pro game it still says "Spinner value increased" lol...I wish.
Hopped for a code overlap like Tron pro having interactive apron flashers just waiting to be plugged in.

On that subject. Prem / LE guys what sound does the spinner make?

#98 6 years ago

------ Don't read the below if you don't want to know what happens when you complete modes etc. I don't want to spoil anyones discovery ------

I've worked out now what happens when you reach 'level 2' on some of the other modes, though there are some bugs and work still to do on the code by the look of it, so i'll report them to see if other people see what i saw to (pro game)

Pod Chase 2 - Left and Right ramps
Sibling Rivalry 2- Spinners
Quills Quest 2 - Nothing at the mo, just ends mode once completed afaict
Sanctuary 2 - Pop bumpers (I noticed that if you time out the sanctuary 1 mode after a few shots then it appears to complete it and allow progression to sanctuary 2)
Knowhere 2 - Outer loops (but the gates don't open!)

I'd like to see some other mini wizard mode awards for getting so far into the game other than the 2 that are already noted, as currently my go above gave me nothing for having completed 6 scenes. Feel like that deserved something! I felt like this wasn't an ordinary go!! if you get my drift!

#99 6 years ago

Would be great if Gardians had intro in attract mode.. quill walking through the ruined building, kicking the animals on way to get the Orb.. that would be great!

#100 6 years ago

Really wish GOTG was more like Star Wars.. make a shot and see a little bit of the scene, then it goes. Playing the whole scene just annoys me immensely.

As mentioned before- Rocket uses some good lines that could be used as Hurry ups, insults for not making shots etc..

The game has a good chance of being great but I’m not liking the code so far..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.00
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
6,495 (Firm)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-code-feedback/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.