20180116_224646 (resized).jpg
GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG
GOTG Capture (resized).JPG
F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220852 (resized).jpg

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 6 years ago

For any GOTG owners or players. Feedback appreciated to hopefully make the game better. Hopefully Stern will listen and maybe even incorporate some of Pinsider's ideas...

Hoping to keep the feedback positive and if not, at least constructive. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

its getting better. .81 is out. stern is doing fine.

#3 6 years ago

jmountjoy111 suggested using John C. Reilly...

I agree. Maybe Stern can get someone like him to do the custom game play call-outs this game desperately needs. Star Trek incorporated Karl Urban custom speech after the game's initial launch. I remember getting that update and I felt it was a big deal.

I am enjoying playing our GOTG Pro. I love the appearance, enjoy watching scenes from the movie and have not let the voice actors deter from the fun! I love the layout, but the shots other than Groot are tight! They are very satisfying to hit but I wish the code was more friendly. Requiring 5-10 shots, of which most are tight, may be a bit much to complete a mode.

Then consider one needs to complete 8 modes to play the first wizard mode - "Immulation Initiative" (assuming you don't count Groot MB or Orb MB as wizard modes).

Now consider having to play all the modes, both multi-balls and Immulation Initiative to reach the seemingly unattainable "Save Xandar". Let's not see a few of these inserts become playfield artifacts. Make these reachable! If the coders want to make the final mode hard or almost impossible to finish...fine.

Maybe lighten the requirements to complete modes, but make them necessary to reach "Save Xandar". Along a separate path, maybe require playing or even completing both "Groot" and Orb" multi-balls to play the mode "Immolation Initiative", which completing it could also be made a requirement to reach "Save Xandar". Then make "Save Xandar" as difficult as you want, assuming you want no one to finish the game and become a "Guardian of the Galaxy". I myself would rather see it difficult but achievable by very good players, so I least know it can be done.

#4 6 years ago

Max_Badazz suggested...

"have an option to start the game without selecting a mode. I would love to have to shoot the scoop to start a mode instead of automatically being in one.

Suggestion #2 ..... keep the orb drop target down a little longer for ball searches....a few times my ball has been stuck in there because it bounces up when the drop goes down, then the drop pops back up before it can roll out"

#5 6 years ago

rotordave suggested...

"They have used basically the Aerosmith software, but the shots are way tighter on GOTG.

They really need to tweak the modes to make them “achievable” and award good points ... or else why play them? Just play “groot all day”. Groot gives mega points, which makes playing the modes a waste of time.

The rules need to be balanced, to match the games layout.

With Aerosmith, I think it is pretty balanced ... you don’t see players playing “toybox all day” as much. The modes are completable, and doing so awards good points from super ramps etc.

Balancing GOTG will make it a much better game."

#6 6 years ago

Balanced scoring is very important in any game. Any mode or multiball that scores too low for the effort/risk involved becomes something that players avoid instead of being an enjoyable strategic part of the game.

#7 6 years ago

When I played it, it seemed like it could use a few more songs.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I played it, it seemed like it could use a few more songs.

Hey you're in luck, they added 2 more

I'll just go ahead and mark this support ticket "fixed" and close it for you.

#9 6 years ago

Mode Status during selection - this is an absolute must. I should be able to see how many shots are remaining on a mode before selecting it to decide if I want to try and beat it or move on and get closer to the extra all and the first wizard mode.

Upgrade/Crank it Up - many of the modes reduce the number of shots to just the two ramps or two orbits. More unique rules for hitting this would be nice. Right now I avoid it intentionally on some modes because it makes the mode completion more difficult.

Mini-wizard modes - my biggest beef with Aerosmith is it basically just has the two wizard modes - one for starting all the modes, and the other for when you complete it. this game needs some interim mini wizard modes to go after that make you feel like you got somewhere special on the game without having to get to one of those big wizard modes. i.e. DTR in LOTR, or Light Saber Duel or Escape Boba Fett in SW, HOTK in GOT, etc.

Groot - we absolutely need him to "speak" to us. I know it's gimicky, but watching that jaw move while hearing "I am Groot" will be cool every time he does it.

Rocket - that shot is crazy tight and super risky. Spelling rocket should carry over from ball to ball and not reset on the next ball.

Mode Champions - it would be cool if each mode had a champion you could put your initials in for. gives home and on location players one more reason to try and dig deeper and get more points on a specific mode.

Groot MB - it would be nice if the logic followed similar to Aerosmith in allowing the user to choose when to go for MB or risk delaying and trying to lock more for more points. The MB is too easy to get right now, I'd prefer to see a few more shots required, or maybe some other mechanic to light groot to open his mouth for locks and then build up. Option to have a 2 ball MB if wanted, or go for 3, or for 4 first time through. Subsequent times through could require more effort to light the lock in the first place, similar to what is programmed today.

Super skill shot - really, 1 million for hitting a super tough shot? this should be MUCH more. and grow higher every time. there should be a super skill shot champion and extra award/mode if you complete all 3 of the super skill shots (orb, right ramp, and right orbit). how cool would that be? tie it into Yondu's arrow or something in light of the fast, precise nature of the shot.

Spelling Guardians - i believe this lights mystery, does maybe something else? here is another opportunity to add a fun hurry up, etc. with some cool lighting effects, etc. maybe completing enough hurry ups starts a special mini-wizard mode. something new and fresh that you don't see every time, but also something that can be reasonably achieved.

Songs - ditto on what O-din said. I nit picked this previously and didn't see a good way for these songs to be introduced without getting old - i take that back, random selection of 6 to 8 tracks playing while you are in between modes would be a good way to use those licenses without making them too repetitive.

End of ball character shots - another opportunity for a hurry up or some other substantial reward - if I hit every shot on the playfield during one ball it would be cool if that started a hurry up or built up towards a mini-wizard mode or something. one more layer to add to this game.

Other than the obvious additions of more music, callouts, video, and audio, I think the base rule set is solid and fun. These other items could take it over the top and add that lasting value to a home location and provide more on location incentive to play.

As an owner of a Pro, I find the game really fun to play but question it's lasting ability. Seeing some of these ideas implemented would go a long way in changing that to its "bolted to the floor." The artwork, music (in and out of modes), video clips (I don't care what people say about them feeling "disjointed," I like the ones I've seen) and shots are really well done along with a top theme of mine.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey you're in luck, they added 2 more

Do tell, which ones?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do tell, which ones?

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida &
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (dance mix)

Lotta songs worth in those 2...that outta shut ya up

#12 6 years ago

That's why I want a Dazed and Confused pinball machine. It would come stock with Cherry Bomb and Slow Ride and I could just whistle the others while I play.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Now consider having to play all the modes, both multi-balls and Immulation Initiative to reach the seemingly unattainable "Save Xandar". Let's not see a few of these inserts become playfield artifacts. Make these reachable!

I disagree. Having the wizard mode too easy for good players can cripple a game. Once it is beaten regularly it becomes boring quickly.

As for GotG, I finally got to play it the other day. I enjoyed it. However, things did feel really unbalanced. I ended up focusing on Groot to just keep earning replays seeing it was on location. And after the knock I'd explore modes a bit. The ramps had a nice flow, and the staple on the left inlane / outlane was deadly. And my favorite part, even though it looks like MET, it didn't play like MET. So even though it is a recycled layout, they did a good job with it.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I disagree. Having the wizard mode too easy for good players can cripple a game. Once it is beaten regularly it becomes boring quickly.

Exactly, keep the main wizard modes as is in difficulty to get to, they are acheivable as is, but add some other mini wizard modes to keep it fresh and have some minor objectives to go for and feel good about getting along the way.

#15 6 years ago

I'm not saying make it easy to complete. Have at least one wizard mode that can be reached. I think about LOTR... work hard to reach "Destroy the Ring". Work harder to actually destroy it... achievable and tons of fun, but less common. Valinor awaits for great players.

#16 6 years ago

Let's see all 3 magnets working on the LE's not just 1...

#17 6 years ago

I really just want to hear John c Reilly say “well, I don’t think anyone is 100% dick”

That’s not too much to ask. Is it?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I'm not saying make it easy to complete. Have at least one wizard mode that can be reached. I think about LOTR... work hard to reach "Destroy the Ring". Work harder to actually destroy it... achievable and tons of fun, but less common. Valinor awaits for great players.

So the confusion was just your terminology. You are asking for Sub-Wizard modes. And that I agree with. From Destroy The Ring, Sea Of Simulation, Do or Die Hurry Up, Melt The Witch. Lots of games have them, and they are great objectives along the way in a game. They keep it interesting.

#19 6 years ago

Exactly! Thank you. I'm enjoying the game, but I'd love to shoot for something other than completing a few modes and playing "Groot MB" twice! Give us a Sub-Wizard mode or two and then the Wizard mode for that super rare occasion.

I enjoy playing SpiderMan, as many others do. I hope to get to Battle Royale and do often enough, but Super Hero is always there if the stars are lining up... which may be never.

Let's take a Lonnie game... I enjoy playing KISS. Great music! I play my multiballs and reach Sub-Wizard mode, Heavens on Fire, often enough to keep it interesting. I even get to the Sub-Wizard, Kiss Army, occasionally. I know there's a Wizard Mode after that, but like Valinor, I'm OK if I never see it. But you never know, the Cubs did win the World Series!

#20 6 years ago

More music!!

#21 6 years ago

Any particular ones you had in mind? I like them all, but would love to see "Fox on the Run" or "Surrender" added, even though they are from Guardians Vol 2...

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Any particular ones you had in mind? I like them all, but would love to see "Fox on the Run" or "Surrender" added, even though they are from Guardians Vol 2...

Come a little bit closer . Jay and the Americans.

#23 6 years ago

For music (please add more! it's adding some real charm and character to this game). Moonage Daydream, O-H-H Child, Fooled Around and Feel In Love, Come and Get Your Love.

I'm not sure what the difference is for blinking and non-blinking lit shots while in a mode? There's also an insert with each characters name, I'd like to see those get used separately from the arrows. They hopefully have something cool planned for those. For combo's maybe?

I think I've seen hitting upgrade light more shots. That's cool. Upgrade should do more than just award points. Otherwise it's just like any other shot except that it doesn't count toward finishing a mode unless it's arrow was lit. Having it give points but also something else would be cool. Maybe similar to the way mystery awards work, but a different set of awards.

I agree with most of the other suggestions and observations already posted.

Anyone get RAMPAGE from hitting Rocket 7 times yet? Maybe it's best to build that up during multiball. I think you can make progress on that during Groot MB? I got it once from a mystery award. But I didn't do much with it.

The level two modes are cool. But can sometimes be a little to much chopping wood. For Pod Chase 1, it starts with a bunch of lit shots. But then goes down to just the ramps. Then if you finish and get to Pod Chase 2, you have to do 10(i think) more ramps. I finished it once, and with some multipliers going. That was fun. But the modes seem a little long. Maybe cuz I drain too much, lol.

#24 6 years ago

Id like to see Norman Greenbaum Spirit in the Sky myself. Honestly cant believe its not in the 4 songs now.

#25 6 years ago

As many other Pinsiders have mentioned, seems a lot like a tweek, cut and paste from Aerosmith code. Maybe due to GOTG being moved up in the order and released premature as another game got pushed back.

Lonnie, let's see a new multiball! You can do it! Toybox MB (Aerosmith), Demon MB (Kiss) and now Groot MB... hit each shot twice. Go outside the box! And get creative with the modes. Consider those tighter shots and make them more achievable/mean something. Again, I love my game, just hoping to see it become better.

Can we see another Deadflip with the newer code? Love to see Jack's strategy and see if he has any constructive feedback.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Balanced scoring is very important in any game. Any mode or multiball that scores too low for the effort/risk involved becomes something that players avoid instead of being an enjoyable strategic part of the game.

Good point.

BIB meets that criteria on ACDC and years later it's still the same. High risk and low scoring makes nobody want to play that song. On the other hand, there is far less risk on HB and much more lucrative points. I know not everything is going to be balanced the same, but sometimes there are modes that seem too out of whack that you wish it was just better than it currently is.

At least more code is coming for GoTG so it will get better.

Rob

#27 6 years ago

New Code. ASAP>>

#28 6 years ago

HELLO! IS ANYONE LISTENING OVER THERE AT STERN?

You guys did the right thing on SW code. It is right where it needs to be. However GOTG? What are you guys thinking. I get you putting a pin out before the holidays to boost 4th quarter sales but now its time to give those loyal buyers of yours what they deserve and that is a great coded game.

Granted there are some things that can't be controlled. License issues I guess but that is a whole other topic. But all this game needs is for a few good programmers. (I know they are there) to go to work on this game. The art package is great the theme is great the code is MIA? Drop the code so everyone can now say stern might rush games out the door but quality is there. Variety is there. And the code is short to follow. Does this sound good? When it comes to Stern Buy with confidence.

Stern this is your year to make great product and reiterate that you have been the industry leader for many years for a reason.

CODE BETTER!

#29 6 years ago

^^^

#30 6 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from SilveredBalls:

Id like to see Norman Greenbaum Spirit in the Sky myself. Honestly cant believe its not in the 4 songs now.
» YouTube video

Though it's in the soundtrack it was actually never in the movie. Just trailers.

#32 6 years ago

Finally saw part 2 & I don't know much that would add to the soundtrack. Chain & Blue Sky sure, but a tad over played for me.
EDIT:+1 Surrender would work

#33 6 years ago

Stern should watch this=====>

#34 6 years ago

It would be smart having someone guide you. Like custom voice clips telling the player what to do and giving feedback. Just random horrible recreated voice clips are insanely stupid. It ruins the game for me completely.

Please, Stern, fix this horribly coded game.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Finally saw part 2 & I don't know much that would add to the soundtrack. Chain & Blue Sky sure, but a tad over played for me.
EDIT:+1 Surrender would work

Man if we are adding songs from volume two it has to be “Brandy” by Looking Glass. I mean come on!! It is quite possibly Earth’s finest!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Man if we are adding songs from volume two it has to be “Brandy” by Looking Glass. I mean come on!! It is quite possibly Earth’s finest!

haha that shit was so bad.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha that shit was so bad.

I changed my mind.... if I’m choosing one more song it “The Chain” by Fleeteood Mac

#38 6 years ago

Is it possible to make pins have music play without having to start a game?

Maybe a jukebox feature before you hit the start button that uses the flippers and the Hardon enforcer button to select and play songs. Like wise for other music pins..

This would make a great added feature..

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is it possible to make pins have music play without having to start a game?
Maybe a jukebox feature before you hit the start button that uses the flippers and the Hardon enforcer button to select and play songs. Like wise for other music pins..
This would make a great added feature..

Metallica has this feature. You hold down the right flipper button and the radio comes up where you can pick your song.... I actually use it quite often.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Metallica has this feature. You hold down the right flipper button and the radio comes up where you can pick your song.... I actually use it quite often.

I will be on the after work thanks!!

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I will be on the after work thanks!!

You might have to enable radio mode in your feature adjustments for it to work. Think it’s off by default.

#42 6 years ago

here's a cut/paste from the GotG owners thread that I posted about integration:

Interaction with the player ..... there's zero interaction. Shoot this, get a response. Perform this task, see a change on the screen, different music, different voice call outs. Right now its hit the blinking shots while watching this 2 min movie clip. There's no action/reaction. I could strip all the (beautiful) artwork off, change the movie clips, and it would be a great Rogue One game (would need to reface Groot too). Maybe retheme it to The Bachelor or even worse, the Kardashians. Look at past games, when you hit a ramp on Ironman, something happens...hit Whiplash, something happens. Hitting shots on GotG.... the movie clip continues to play over and over

Also the drop target under the orb needs to go down for a little longer during ball searches....sometimes the force of it going down pushes the ball up and it can't roll out before the drop goes back up

Please Please Please... put an option to allow the user to start a game without being in a mode. Like the good ol' days, I want to earn my mode, not be given it for free. Have the right scoop blinking for the start and shoot it to start the mode (or allow user to select)

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

here's a cut/paste from the GotG owners thread that I posted about integration:
Interaction with the player ..... there's zero interaction. Shoot this, get a response. Perform this task, see a change on the screen, different music, different voice call outs. Right now its hit the blinking shots while watching this 2 min movie clip. There's no action/reaction. I could strip all the (beautiful) artwork off, change the movie clips, and it would be a great Rogue One game (would need to reface Groot too). Maybe retheme it to The Bachelor or even worse, the Kardashians. Look at past games, when you hit a ramp on Ironman, something happens...hit Whiplash, something happens. Hitting shots on GotG.... the movie clip continues to play over and over

Fair criticisms and I agree. A LOT of work is very much needed on GOTG right now. I also agree with the earlier comment that points awarded for the various modes is very weak. No sense going for them given the lack of reward. Just shoot Groot over and over if you care about score.

Anyone buy a GOTG topper? Is it interactive with the game at all?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You might have to enable radio mode in your feature adjustments for it to work. Think it’s off by default.

I think it is on by default. I never turned that mode on and found it by accident. I was cleaning the machine next to it and must have been pushing the flipper button in with my ass.... lol The music came on and scared the crap out of me. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get it to do it again but I like it and use it allot.

Hopefully GOTG will have this feature. I doesn't currently

#45 6 years ago

Bm 66 just got new code!!

GOTG Needs code asap!!!

#46 6 years ago

3 days since last post on this thread. Where is the code guys?

20180108_220852 (resized).jpg20180108_220852 (resized).jpg

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

3 days since last post on this thread. Where is the code guys?

Nice speaker leds! Do they color change?

#48 6 years ago

Thank you. Yes sir.

20180108_220848 (resized).jpg20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg20180108_220850 (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago

Greetings! Issue with my new Pro although I don’t know if this would be code related. Groot mouth does not open and close properly. Anyone else having this issue?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thank you. Yes sir.

I like that!! Where do I order?
Thanks..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 210.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-code-feedback and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.