• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UvulaBob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've spent about five hours trying to get to Winter Has Come, and from what I can tell, the only way to do it quicklyis to pass each time you start a battle, and ignore Blackwater Multiball. It seems a shame that the only way to progress on WIC shots is to not be in a mode. Am I missing something, or does that make the mode really hard to get to, as well as make the game more boring? It sure would be nice if there were a way to make WIC progress while doing other stuff.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry, but the above post is off base a little.
Also, to start a WIC hurry up, you do not need to hit a house shot three times if more than one house's mode is lit. If you have Lannister house and greyjoy house lit for battle, you can hit greyjoy' shot twice to reduce to the WIC count to one, then hit Lannister to start the hurry up and once more to collect. So, if you have all houses lit for battle, I suggest hitting an easier shot to get the WIC startup down to one shot then hit the houses shot you wish to start the hurry up at.

Wait a minute. You're telling me that if I have Greyjoy and Stark lit for battle, I can hit the spinner twice, and then the Stark ramp once to start WIC on that shot, and then hit it one more time to collect? That makes things a bit easier. I was going into this thinking that every iced-over shot had its own WIC countdown, which meant that four separate shots needed to be hit a total of seven times.

Still, it's definitely something you have to work towards, almost to the exclusion of all else. I've only ever come close to stumbling into it once. I guess if you're pretty good at getting to and through Hand of the King, it's just a few more shots to WHC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UvulaBob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-wic-shots?tu=UvulaBob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.