You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg
ce3b0d5d23ac417527d84c7599367e4db28b0edd_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi there
I got my GoT LE yesterday. The upper playfield is completely dark, expect the LED in the dragons mouth. All other LED´s are out, also in "All lamps Test menu".

Any advice ?!

Thanks
Tom

#2 8 years ago

Loose plug/connection somewhere?

#3 8 years ago

I checked all cables and plugs , it all fits.
Yesterday it worked on the first start. Meanwhile I made the update from 1.xx
I also rerun the update, went well without errors.

Is there also a driverboard under the mini playfield ? Maybe have to remoce it and check the cabling there ?!

#4 8 years ago

Ya. There's a board under the mini playfield. I'd check the connections there.

ce3b0d5d23ac417527d84c7599367e4db28b0edd_(resized).jpgce3b0d5d23ac417527d84c7599367e4db28b0edd_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

The upper playfield comes off real easy. There's two wires to unplug under the main playfield. Then the mini playfield 6 screws holding it down.

First remove the dragon, 4 screws on the back of the playfield. Let it hang for a min. There's 4 screws in the mini playfield and 2 more on the ramp entrance. The mini playfield will pull out, but it's a lot easier if you remove the right ramp too; that's another 3 screws. Two at the ramp entrance and one at the top.

#6 8 years ago

Thank you for the great guideance !!

I will remove the playfield .. great .. a pinball for nearly 10.000 EURO and the first I do is
fixing it ....

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

great .. a pinball for nearly 10.000 EURO and the first I do is
fixing it ....

Welcome to the club

On the plus side you got in after the 1.22 code update. There were some really fun glitches prior to this.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Thank you for the great guideance !!
I will remove the playfield .. great .. a pinball for nearly 10.000 EURO and the first I do is
fixing it ....

My wife just made fun of me for this. I keep putting off taking the whole thing apart to fix the orbit issue, the ramp airballs that keep launching into the glass (that can't be good!), and the battering ram rubbing against the screw. Sucks!

#9 8 years ago

Yes .. we are all pinball nerds

It worked for me, removed the whole mini playfield, raised the playfield, put in a box to place the mini playfield ... connected it and start pressing the cables .. there it is ! The cable fpr the LED´s was not crimped correctly, now it works again !

Thanks to you all ...

I bought 4 pins NIB.
WOZ .. Door issues
MET ... orbitlane was too close for the ball and it got stuck , weldet a little and okay
TWD .. no problems ...
GoT ... as you read ...

looking forward for The Hobbit and his surprises ...

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I bought 4 pins NIB.
WOZ .. Door issues
MET ... orbitlane was too close for the ball and it got stuck , weldet a little and okay
TWD .. no problems ...
GoT ... as you read ...

I've had issues with just about every NIB pin I've purchased. The loan exception was Family Guy...I had that game for three years, I didn't take the glass off that sucker one time after set up...it was an absolute tank.

#11 8 years ago

Maybe theey forgot the final testing in the factory .. so it worked all the years

Thank you all, case closed, problem solved !

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ya. There's a board under the mini playfield. I'd check the connections there.

ce3b0d5d23ac417527d84c7599367e4db28b0edd_(resized).jpg

SWEET PIC!

Quoted from beelzeboob:

My wife just made fun of me for this. I keep putting off taking the whole thing apart to fix the orbit issue, the ramp airballs that keep launching into the glass (that can't be good!), and the battering ram rubbing against the screw. Sucks!

Stern replaced my ram because of the exact same problem, get some spacers and a replacement, ask stern to send ya about 15 of those as they are needed else where, did you also add the spacers to left orbit guide?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

SWEET PIC!

Stern replaced my ram because of the exact same problem, get some spacers and a replacement, ask stern to send ya about 15 of those as they are needed else where, did you also add the spacers to left orbit guide?

No idea what you're talking about. The left orbit guide is a problem now?

You wouldn't happen to have a spare gun I could shoot myself in the head with, do you?

#14 8 years ago

you need to add 4-5 washers to both these screws as they protrude in the lane, this was a recent development posted in threads

c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpegc4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Family Guy...I had that game for three years, I didn't take the glass off that sucker one time after set up...it was an absolute tank.

Not even cleaning and waxing once every 3 years? I'm going to have to make a note never to buy a game from you

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Not even cleaning and waxing once every 3 years? I'm going to have to make a note never to buy a game from you

I take better care of my games now than I did in 2009 for sure!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-upper-playfield-complete-dark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.