(Topic ID: 150362)

GOT Topper questions for anyone who has one.

By Alphajerk3000

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by J_Striker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Just got my topper today and have it installed. To anyone who has one: Does yours do any sort of wing flapping for an attract mode? Mine does nothing. Also, does the red light in his/her mouth ever activate? I've gotten the wings to flap during the Targaryen mode, but the lit has yet to come on in the dragon's mouth. Just wondering if I've got some defects in mine. Thanks for any insight!

Reed

#2 8 years ago

I thought I read something about needing to update the software after you've installed the topper so the topper node board is updated.

#3 8 years ago

Yup, spoke to Stern about it it... same here. It will be fixed in next software update. If you already have newer software installed, as we all probably do... the node board won't update. The machine itself needs new software for the topper to update... hence only flapping when you first turn the machine on. Tried re-installing to no avail.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the info, guys. Guess I'll wait for an update!

#6 8 years ago

I am waiting for mine. I did see in one of the service menus there is a Topper attract setting. I think it defaults to Yes, but maybe worth checking if you haven't .

#7 8 years ago

Got my topper installed today on my LE. Not only does it not work but the castle walls do not match the walls on the play field. Glad I paid all this money for an LE and the topper does not match. Great job Stern

#8 8 years ago

Got mine installed tonight. So far only a wing flap upon power up. The sigil lights do light up during game play and they do match the corresponding ones on the playfield. Spot lights under the dragon do work as do the "Game of Thrones " back lights. Looks great, easy to install. Now all we need is a code update. I really like it.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#9 8 years ago

All of the above for me, even after the node update fix.

Stern if you are reading this, please also give us an option to keep the spotlights under the dragon on during normal gameplay

#10 8 years ago

it really pisses me off the castle walls on the topper doesn't match the LE and only matches the premium

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-topper-questions-for-anyone-who-has-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.