IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
IMG_0449 (resized).JPG
IMG_0453 (resized).JPG
IMG_0248 (resized).JPG
IMG_0246 (resized).JPG
IMG_0237 (resized).JPG
IMG_0234 (resized).JPG
IMG_0231 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

PBR has the schematic. That's where I had to go when I got my Space Ship a few years ago.

Not to disappoint you but this game takes 31" legs. Gottlieb legs will work but mine came with original Williams legs.

I haven't gotten around to shopping mine but I'm of the impression it is a challenging but appealing player.

#14 6 years ago

As long as the Bally legs you have access to are 31” they will look fine.

The playfield is so heavy because there is a stepper for each of the four columns of lights on the playfield.

It is definately a worthy game to bring back. If it’s too much for you hand it off to someone who will be able to address it.

I just finished shopping a 1962 Williams Trade Winds that started out about the same condition as your SS, sans the painted cabinet, and everything came back just fine. I did have to rebuild the flippers and pop bumpers with new parts and come up with a few score reel parts but it plays great.

1 week later
#53 6 years ago

You need to put a full ring between both posts on the blue and green lane guides at the top of the playfield. Otherwise you are going to, at least, break the lamps under them and, at worst, the plastic lane guides themselves.

Looks like a nice example playfield. Wish mine had that little of wear.

4 months later
#64 5 years ago
Quoted from SpaceTimeGuy:

I just saw your post ... I was wondering about the open side of the lane guide ... didn't think that was correct ... (those were rubbers that came in kit) ... I will fix that ... Thanks for pointing that out !!

Glad I could help.

The open side of the lane guide is required where you have exposure to ball action, especially if exposed to an active pop bumper. If it wasn’t open the ball would break it off in no time. The guard side always goes along the protected lane for smoother action.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-today-1961-space-ship-need-a-cabinet?tu=MikeO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.