10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Bostonbuzz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_zpsf842c4fd.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I played WOZ at pincades last week and wanted to post my impressions. First off thanks to Jesse for letting my girlfriend and I come by and play, and spending almost 2 hours talking pinball with us. Pincades is a great location, and from the machines they had on display do very well buying and reselling machines. Forgive me for forgetting the machines they had on display but I spent the past week at a lego convention and my brain is on overload right now. The prices were fair for retail in my opinion, no great deals, but good fair prices for retail.

Anyways on to WOZ.

I have been following the jersey jack pinball saga for about a year, year and a half now and was very hesitant on the theme of wizard of oz from the beginning. It just did not jump out at me like the hobbit has, or other themes on other games. I was also very concerned about the music, I thought that it would be playing the main theme song all the time. WOW was I wrong.

Build quality is amazing on the game, printing on the side art is top notch. Playfield art is amazing and the lighting is second to none, not just in a pinball but in general. I have never seen lighting as tightly integrated and complementary in anything except for a trans siberian orchestra concert, who are very well known for there amazing light shows.

Music is very well integrated into the game, and is not annoying, it works very well and the sound quality is amazing. I am so glad I was wrong about the main theme song playing all the time, and the music being annoying it was not at all.

The display works very well, but one negative is you dont really get a chance to look at it while playing, your focus is on the game except for the short cut scenes when there is a stop in the action.

Gameplay, I played about 4-5 games and only touched on a couple of modes. Jesee took the glass off and showed me all the modes and I was amazed at all the gameplay, and the actions required to complete the modes. One thing I wish is the rollovers were more pronounced during the game as I did not know I was hitting them, but after seeing all the modes I knew exactly what they were and what they were used for. There is so much depth to this game and from my understanding more modes and rules are being added going into the future which from what I have seen already is going to be amazing.

After playing and letting it settle a bit I plan to try and get a WOZ to go along with my preorder of the Hobbit. I have a street fighter 2 now, and will probably be posting it in the marketplace soon, I am even more of a jersey jack fan now than I was before I played the game and can't wait to play again.

EDIT: forgot to post a picture:photo_zpsf842c4fd.jpgphoto_zpsf842c4fd.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Thank you for the honest review.

#3 10 years ago

Excellent post, thanks for the review, another Woz convert....

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing. It is an amazing pinball machine for sure.

#5 10 years ago

thanks for the spiff
    Pincades
    JT

#6 10 years ago

Nice review, so glad you enjoyed the game.

I've played the pin at the JJP factory on three different occasions now during various code updates as well as at the Allentown Show and yes, it keeps getting better.

While picking up some invisiglass on a past Saturday a few weeks ago I got to talk to Jack one on one along with two of his guests. The factory that Saturday was basically void of employees at the time...it was quite enlightening for sure. Got to walk around and explore entire the factory on my own and with Jack and guests. Jack is a real down to earth guy and freely offered up some very interesting information and insight on his pinball/business operations. I wish him and the company all the best. Eagerly awaiting on WOZECLE #823.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-to-play-woz-at-pincades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.