• 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Hitch9
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0186.JPG
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

....and see a homeless guy get hit by a semi at the busy intersection in front of Mortimers. More on that later.

These are just random thoughts, a lot of which has been mentioned by others.

Beautiful game....except for the topper.

I love the use of the LCD, although the info displayed can be a little much at times. JP's work on the animations is fantastic.

GI lights need help. Some of the light shows are really something, although some are a little intense.

The game had some issues, both mechanical and related to the software. Nothing major and I'm sure easily fixed.

We put a lot of money in it, but that's to be expected because we went there specifically to try it out with the newer code. What we didn't expect was to play nothing but WOZ all afternoon. It was good enough to make us want to play again and again.

I'm not much of a player, so don't ask me about the rules or gameplay, but with four of us playing, it didn't take long to figure things out. It's obvious the code is not complete, but what's there makes the game ten times more fun to play then when we played it at the MGC.

There were times I almost wanted to drain down the left side simply to play "the game within the game." Play it and you'll see what I mean. It's brilliant.

I still don't care for the theme and keep thinking what this game might have been had it been something else.

I'll think of more I'm sure.

As for the homeless guy, he must have been fine. He came in and used the restroom a little later on in the afternoon.

#2 10 years ago

Bryan if you have some specifics you think we can improve on please let me know. Much more to come very soon.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Bryan if you have some specifics you think we can improve on please let me know. Much more to come very soon.

Apparently your game is running down hobos. Pls fix.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Apparently your game is running down hobos. Pls fix.

I guess we can try to include a breathalyzer in the next code revision? . Maybe we can also make the bill acceptor a bill dispenser but I don't think the ops will appreciate that?

#5 10 years ago

Any game that makes me want to hit the "start" button over and over again..

That's my definition of a great game.

WOZ does that.

#6 10 years ago

The Bryan Kelly seal of approval, YES!

Now will you please get to work and make us some Ruby Red Pinfooties... These standard wood things are just not getting it.

- Don

DSC_0186.JPGDSC_0186.JPG

#7 10 years ago

Thanks Alex, but we had the head designer on the phone for about an hour on our way home and shared some thoughts with him already.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I guess we can try to include a breathalyzer in the next code revision?

I guess no one in Minnesota or Wisconsin will ever be able to play again

#9 10 years ago

LOL Thanks, Don. I actually made a set way back shortly after Jack announced the WOZ theme. I think I still have them downstairs. They didn't turn out well.

Quoted from Fulltilt:

The Bryan Kelly seal of approval, YES!
Now will you please get to work and make us some Ruby Red Pinfooties... These standard wood things are just not getting it.
- Don

#10 10 years ago

Uh Fulltilt, do you love your Woz so much that you don't even take time out to go to the restroom.......or is that a dead guy on the floor in front of Woz JK

Congrats on Woz in house...

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for the write-up. When I saw early whitewood photos, I was lukewarm on the pop-bumper-in-the-outlane. It was like, "great, I lose my ball and watch helplessly as it bounces around in the jet bumper, and I rely on sheer luck to get my ball back". Now, having heard a lot about this "game within the game" I'm actually looking forward to it!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I guess no one in Minnesota

Land of 10,000 treatment centers.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Thanks for the write-up. When I saw early whitewood photos, I was lukewarm on the pop-bumper-in-the-outlane. It was like, "great, I lose my ball and watch helplessly as it bounces around in the jet bumper, and I rely on sheer luck to get my ball back". Now, having heard a lot about this "game within the game" I'm actually looking forward to it!

I felt the same way. After playing it I really enjoy the mode but it is a lot of shots compared to the TOTO rescue and seems a bit unbalanced because of it.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Thanks Alex, but we had the head designer on the phone for about an hour on our way home and shared some thoughts with him already.

You spoke with Keefer on the ride home? Ill assume you don't mean JB

#15 10 years ago

Yeah, it's that good of a game! That's actually the shadow of my big head in the light.

- Don

Quoted from iceman44:

Uh Fulltilt, do you love your Woz so much that you don't even take time out to go to the restroom.......or is that a dead guy on the floor in front of Woz JK
Congrats on Woz in house...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I felt the same way. After playing it I really enjoy the mode but it is a lot of shots compared to the TOTO rescue and seems a bit unbalanced because of it.

There will be differences between the two though. Just not yet. They both are a ball save but nplh will have a bigger reward for completion not just get your ball back.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

There will be differences between the two though. Just not yet. They both are a ball save but nplh will have a bigger reward for completion not just get your ball back.

Does it currently score anything or just save the ball?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Does it currently score anything or just save the ball?

It scores the standard switch scores but nothing more now.

#19 10 years ago

That's exactly who I mean. He'll talk to people from MN. Why wouldn't he.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ill assume you don't mean JB

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yeah, it's that good of a game! That's actually The Shadow of my big head in the light.
- Don

I've never seen a reddish/orange shadow before..... Sure it has no relation to hobo's

Nice WOZ

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

There were times I almost wanted to drain down the left side simply to play "the game within the game." Play it and you'll see what I mean. It's brilliant.

Yeah, I agree, that left drain is really unique! Otherwise personally the game is not for me and a lot of guys I chatted with offline say its definitely not a keeper. Once the 'wow factor' wears off... GAME OVER.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I guess we can try to include a breathalyzer in the next code revision? . Maybe we can also make the bill acceptor a bill dispenser but I don't think the ops will appreciate that?

Bryan your SOL if they ad a breathalyzer!!! LOL
JT

#23 10 years ago

Played it at Gamewarp and I think it blows away the competition. The theme is timeless, the build is fantastic, light show awesome, like the topper and that crystal ball......hell, I liked everything about it. Only new machine I would even consider at that price point, except maybe AC/DC LE. I usually don't comment on machines that I have not owned, but I was that impressed. Way to go JJP.
Bob

#24 10 years ago

Gah, all this talk about WOZ! Can't wait for mine to come. But waiting happily

#25 10 years ago

looking forward to playing the new code sometime soon!

BK just wants some code added for an aftermarket cheese pump...

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looking forward to playing the new code sometime soon!

no reason why you can't rate it a '10' now is there?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, I agree, that left drain is really unique! Otherwise personally the game is not for me and a lot of guys I chatted with offline say its definitely not a keeper. Once the 'wow factor' wears off... GAME OVER.

For me at least, I agree. I had one on order and eventually cancelled because of the theme. Those who love the WOZ theme will love the game. I've got some friends still getting it and will definately play it again.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Completely disagree. A lot of people I talk to really enjoy the game and nearly all feedback from owners and people who have played it on location are positive. At this years Michigan Pinball Expo there were 3 WOZ's and each one had a huge line on it throughout the event, I never saw lines like that for a pin let alone 3. The game has a ton of toys, the LCD, stereo sound and an already deep ruleset that isn't even complete...if WOZ isn't a keeper what is?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That's exactly who I mean. He'll talk to people from MN. Why wouldn't he.

Well simply because he has moved on to the hobbit. Figure if you wanted to make any changes to woz then Keith is the man.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Completely disagree. A lot of people I talk to really enjoy the game and nearly all feedback from owners and people who have played it on location are positive. The game has a ton of toys, the LCD, stereo sound and an already deep ruleset that isn't even complete...if WOZ isn't a keeper what is?

For teekee? Nothing if he could make a buck on it .

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I was playing one last month and the pop bumper shot the ball back up the lane and it hit a post and went right back down. If I was ready for it I could have saved that ball. It was very cool.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

For teekee? Nothing if he could make a buck on it .

Can't even get them so how can you make a buck on it?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Well simply because he has moved on to the hobbit. Figure if you wanted to make any changes to woz then Keith is the man.

Yeah we don't know Keith but we consider Joe a good friend. We simply wanted him to know how impressed we were with the design. Even though he's moved on to The Hobbit, it's obvious he's still concerned about improving his initial JJP project.

We love Joe!!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Completely disagree. A lot of people I talk to really enjoy the game and nearly all feedback from owners and people who have played it on location are positive. At this years Michigan Pinball Expo there were 3 WOZ's and each one had a huge line on it throughout the event, I never saw lines like that for a pin let alone 3. The game has a ton of toys, the LCD, stereo sound and an already deep ruleset that isn't even complete...if WOZ isn't a keeper what is?

There's a lot of mixed reviews out there regarding WoZ believe me! Some will love it and some will hate it. Some already love it and some already hate it, new code will help it to some degree but some already believe code can't help it enough... What will happen after the 'WOW factor' wears off, that will be the question.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yeah we don't know Keith but we consider Joe a good friend. We simply wanted him to know how impressed we were with the design. Even though he's moved on to The Hobbit, it's obvious he's still concerned about improving his initial JJP project.
We love Joe!!

Makes sense. Joe is awesome. Got to meet him about 4 months ago at the JJP offices in nj.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

There's a lot of mixed reviews out there regarding WoZ believe me! Some will love it and some will hate it. Some already love it and some already hate it, new code will help it to some degree but some already believe code can't help it enough... What will happen after the 'WOW factor' wears off, that will be the question.

Couldn't have said it better, Tony.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think its unsurprising folks that have waited 2.5 years are happy with the game.... else they would not have waited, traded away their spots, etc.

There really aren't that may Production WoZ's in the wild yet... I think it will be a while until more balanced feedback comes back.... not meant to be a dig, but I think its safe to say home owners (of most pins, but WoZ in particular) had their minds made up before they unboxed them that they loved it. Ex: Is anyone REALLY wondering what Icemans review will look like?

BTW- many folks here likely had their minds made up they DIDNT like it too (ruby flipper syndrome)... just saying until a LOT more get into the field, its too soon to plan the funeral or the canonization party....

I, for one, am still trying to find a non-proto WoZ to play...... I've failed to find one up and down much of the east coast! Im sure that will change eventually...

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Who hates it? I find it impossible to hate any pinball machine.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

TeeKee the same could be said for any pinball machine ever made.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Agreed^ I would say dislike vs hate

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

After the "wow" factor wears off I personally believe the game will stand with the likes of MM, Attack from Mars, The Addams Family and LOTR. The game just has so much going for it. I own TZ and even WOZ seems to have more toys then that game and stands out more. With Ted and Keith working on the code I just don't see this game getting old or there not being enough to do. 1.14 is already showing signs of a deep ruleset and the code isnt even finished.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

TeeKee the same could be said for any pinball machine ever made.

Not really... I think this is different because it has that WOW factor that the average pinball machine doesn't have today. The WOW factor is driving WoZ right now... what will happen when that dies off?

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yes, unfortunately there is hate in the land of OZ...

#43 10 years ago

Lets wait until we have 100 plus games on it until we compare to TAF and TZ. I have close to 100 games on WOZ and would not trade my TAF or TZ for it. I think it has the makings of being an A title but to rate it as the best of the best at this point is not doing it any justice. This seems wrong but I get the same feeling on WOZ as I did with SWEP1. Fun but starting to loose its new factor. Im excited about a new company but like to just keep it real. I know some will like it and some won't. I'm in the middle right now. I just don't like the reveiws I played it once and its the best eva.... It took me a long time to like TZ, a long time to figure out IJ4 is not so good. Time will tell for the masses.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not really... I think this is different because it has that WOW factor that the average pinball machine doesn't have today. The WOW factor is driving WoZ right now... what will happen when that dies off?

If the game is fun it will always be popular. The "wow" factor of WOZ may never wear off as what other pin has an LCD, another on the playfield, 5 magnets, two mini playfields, multiple complex toys, a 7 speaker 2.1 stereo audio package, included topper, clear coated screen printed cabinet and code done by Keith and Ted? This game is golden. As you can tell I'm really excited for my game to arrive, haha.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If the game is fun it will always be popular. The "wow" factor of WOZ may never wear off as what other pin has an LCD, another on the playfield, 5 magnets, two mini playfields, multiple complex toys, a 7 speaker 2.1 stereo audio package, included topper, clear coated screen printed cabinet and code done by Keith and Ted? This game is golden.

Ok, great! But it sounds like your trying to convince yourself of this... otherwise you have nothing to worry about.

#46 10 years ago

Oh, and thank God I never heard "the journey is the reward" sound quote.

I might have kicked the game in the nuts if I had.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The "wow" factor of WOZ may never wear off ......

I personally believe the game will stand with the likes of MM, Attack from Mars, The Addams Family and LOTR

I'm really excited for my game to arrive

All those things MIGHT be true....

but don't you think it might be prudent to wait till you've actually GOT the game (and push the start button at least once) before you ensconce it as one of the best of all time?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

All those things MIGHT be true....
but don't you think it might be prudent to wait till you've actually GOT the game (and push the start button at least once) before you ensconce it as one of the best of all time?

Lol, I hear ya. I'm really excited about WOZ as you can tell. I have had a chance to play a prototype several times and in the past two weeks have played about 15 games on a production model. The game is already great in my mind to stand with some other top games. Whats surpsing is that the game is already a blast to play and code isn't even complete.

#49 10 years ago

I would also have liked to see WAY more of the "dark" side of the theme.

#50 10 years ago

I was able to play WoZ yesterday at Morts also. Now, let me preface this by saying, I am a pinball fan and am not a fan boy of any manufacturer. You can tell by looking at my collection on Pinside. I am an early pre order of WoZ and have not gotten my game yet.

The first time I got to play WoZ was in Jersey at Jacks open house last February. I left Jersey thinking... Nice game, built well, but I honestly wasn't all that excited to put another game on it anytime soon. I've read most of the WoZ related posts here an there and, as of late, have been pretty down on the whole JJP thing.

That was until I played WoZ yesterday. The code so far has been integrated nicely. The play is totally different that the first one I played. Much more flow to the game at times, and just seemed to have more zip. I still can't put my finger on it, but it gave me that "one more game feeling"! I left (after playing for about 5 hours) looking forward to going back to get another game in.

And a side from just a couple small hiccups yesterday, the game played flawlessly. I'm happy to have the excitement back of getting my game. Some damn nice work, team JJP.

Oh, and yes, the homeless guy getting hit (but NOT HURT) was priceless. Especially when they were tugging on his jacket trying to remove it from under the front tire of the semi truck. I'm thinking it might have been him that dropped the "poop bomb" in the bathroom next to WoZ. Good lord that was bad.

Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-to-play-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.