(Topic ID: 24180)

Got to ETERNAL LIFE on Indy today!

By MrWizzo

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Getting a better grasp on the ruleset although some things are still not clear.

Got all the playfield shots but seven on the POA. The wizard mode reminded me of Shadow. Okay score I guess, 1.3 B; but my best so far.

Dan

#2 11 years ago

Nice! Gotta hit the path a couple times while you're doing other things at first...that'll take some of those shots away. Prob my fave WM.

#3 11 years ago

Congrats! I've made it a few times but have not won it yet. I agree, much like the shadow - but understandable - eddy did the software for both games.

I think I like ts wizard mode better. Light show and sounds are more intense

#4 11 years ago

Thanks. Yeah, if I ever get there again, I need be more mindful of the POA at the beginning.

Is there a point in the game where in order to collect the hurry up bonus from the ramp shots, you need to hit the flashing yellow shot more than once?

I hit it a couple times later in the game and it seemed not to register, but the lock shot worked without error. I haven't looked under the playfield yet, but it would seem odd to me that it should work for one and not the other (or have two different means to recognize the ball,) unless the hurry up gets harder as the game progresses.

Dan

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from nutshell79:

Congrats! I've made it a few times but have not won it yet. I agree, much like The Shadow - but understandable - eddy did the software for both games.
    I think I like ts wizard mode better. Light show and sounds are more intense

Now, that makes sense! Didn't realize that.

Gotta agree. Definitely more tension on Shadow at that point. Knocking out the battlefield is a real challenge.

Dan

#6 11 years ago

Nice job,that right ramp is such a bitch for me. Haven't played it much lately DMD is going.I'm Hoping its on the short list for a color DMD

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Nice job,that right ramp is such a bitch for me. Haven't played it much lately DMD is going.I'm Hoping its on the short list for a color DMD

Getting better at that shot. Right ramp on LOTR is my Achilles heel. Cannot hit that and my life does depend on it!

Dan

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Is there a point in the game where in order to collect the hurry up bonus from the ramp shots, you need to hit the flashing yellow shot more than once?

Dan

Hmmm...not that I'm aware of but i don't own it. The hurry up in the lock area is actually the target behind the drop targets I THINK though? So hitting the drops may not give it to you alone.

EDIT: Or wait...the Dogfight is it the lock hole that scores it or the target...or maybe both? Well anyway, I def. don't remember hitting the lock hole and having hurry up still lit after. That doesn't sound right.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Getting better at that shot. Right ramp on LOTR is my Achilles heel. Cannot hit that and my life does depend on it!
    Dan

Backhand that ramp!

#10 11 years ago

When yous start eternal life, I usually head for the POA while I have the ball saver going. Since it requires you to hold left or right it's pretty hard to manage without draining something.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...not that I'm aware of but i don't own it. The hurry up in the lock area is actually the target behind the drop targets I THINK though? So hitting the drops may not give it to you alone.
    EDIT: Or wait...the Dogfight is it the lock hole that scores it or the target...or maybe both? Well anyway, I def. don't remember hitting the lock hole and having hurry up still lit after. That doesn't sound right.

you are right. turned out to be a bad opto emitter. replaced it and all is well. what was weird was that the problem only affected dogfight and not the lock shot. I wonder if the dogfight flasher somehow had an effect. Anyway, all is better now.

Quoted from Pinballrus:

Backhand that ramp!

Yes, learned that, and it is a very tight backhand. I cannot do it with a moving ball. It has to be immediately out of a cupped flipper.

Quoted from jalpert:

When yous start eternal life, I usually head for the POA while I have the ball saver going. Since it requires you to hold left or right it's pretty hard to manage without draining something.

I have to try that. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Dan

#12 11 years ago

I've only gotten there a handful of times but my biggest issue is always with those damn back lanes. Since you have to nail every shot and can't change the lettering with the flippers, I usually always miss something stupid like the "N" or "D" lane.

#13 11 years ago

I like the sheer contradiction of "Eternal Life For 15 Seconds".

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-to-eternal-life-on-indy-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.