Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just looking for opinions , i sold off a few games and had to give back some of the basement to the kids , keeping the collection at around 19 to 20 games (whenever my TBL) comes , played got , never played batman 66 , art work looks awesome on the 66 but how is game play , i know code is needed for 66 . Then there is always aerosmith to throw in the mix .

#2 7 years ago

I'm biased but then everyone is ... GoT all day. The code on GoT is really good. i don't think either machine is holding their NIB price, so if you can find a GOT Pre used, you should be able to get a good deal on it. I played BM66 and personally didn't think it was that impressive, but the LCD was nice. GOT just has so many ways to play.

No idea on Aerosmith, but it will be around for some time.

#3 7 years ago

Having had my B66LE,now for 2 weeks,I have to agree with bhwolf! We are all hoping for good code updates,but,given whats on the pf,its GOT all day.at least at this point!!IMHO

#4 7 years ago

GoT. Get a deal on a used premium or get a NIB pro.
Fantastic pin. My pro is never leaving. And I have BM66 prem sitting right next to it.
GoT over BM66 right now.

#5 7 years ago

I'm stunned by the unanimous vote for GOT. The prices have dropped quite a bit, but I still think it's the best kept secret in pinball right now. Unless you're a HUGE Batman fan, you should go GOT.

#6 7 years ago

I vote for got it's proven to be a good fun game and the code is pretty solid on it Batman 66 is pretty far from having complete code so I would get got premium. I have no review on Aerosmith as I have not played it or seen any good gameplay fottage

#7 7 years ago

GOT. I sold BM66 after a couple weeks.

#8 7 years ago

I enjoy the GOT pro better. You should definitely play both because they are different. The upper playfield isn't that great to me.

#9 7 years ago

Don't buy B66 until the code is complete. Period. Zero reason to rush and get one now.

#10 7 years ago

GOT PRO is the better player ... if you must have the upper playfield, buy one of the cheap LEs listed on Pinside. There was one for around $6000 ... cheap!

rd

#11 7 years ago

GOT pro or a used Prem/LE.

#12 7 years ago

GOT.

Not too impressed with BM66 to be honest and that's not just because of the code.

#13 7 years ago

I was leaning Got , batman looks so nice but after watching some you tube vids there really isn't much there except artwork , the screen is cool , love the show GOT , I did see someone selling a Got premium not long ago nib for 6k , i should have grabbed it ! thanks for the responses

#14 7 years ago

I own GOT LE & Batman LE. I can't ever see either game leaving my collection...so here's my take.

Batman is very fun to play, but GOT gets the adrenaline pumping.

Code wise, when both are complete, I think GOT will have the better code, because of all the different strategies with the houses.

Art work on Batman is better than GOT Premium. I think the GOT LE art work is great. There were a couple LEs selling on here cheaper than a new GOT premium.

Sound wise, I give it to GOT. Batman has very campy sound...but it's suppose to be.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Both are games, IMO, should be in everyone's collection. I would say with GOT...very few games can get the adrenaline pumping the way that game can.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm stunned by the unanimous vote for GOT. The prices have dropped quite a bit, but I still think it's the best kept secret in pinball right now. Unless you're a HUGE Batman fan, you should go GOT.

The boob as usual, hits it on the head. GOT is the best kept secret in all of pinball. Why people don't give it a chance is beyond me. I know people didn't care for the art...but they didn't care for the art on AC/DC or Star Trek and both games are universally loved.

My current playable lineup: Transformers LE, Star Trek LE, GOT LE, Iron Man VE, Spider-Man VE, Ghostbusters LE and Batman LE.

The game played most by my guests? GOT.

I know a lot of people bash the upper playfield, but all of my guests love the upper playfield.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The boob as usual, hits it on the head. GOT is the best kept secret in all of pinball. Why people don't give it a chance is beyond me.

I said this in another thread ... the takeaway of GOT is that initially, the GOT rules are intimidating when you step up to the machine. You need to read the rulesheet in depth to understand what to do. So first time players are put off because they don't understand what to do. There's no central bash toy to hit ... so confusion reigns.

Once you learn the rules, and understand what to do, GOT is pretty awesome.

rd

#17 7 years ago

I'd also go with Game of Thrones, but I also liked the Pro a lot more after a few games than I did the Premium after giving it multiple tries on a few occasions. Haven't played Batman66 yet, but I've read enough to know not to get that NIB or even want to get it at all. Just seems like it was a big letdown in a lot of ways.

#18 7 years ago

Another vote here for GOT Pro. It is a kick azz game!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I said this in another thread ... the takeaway of GOT is that initially, the GOT rules are intimidating when you step up to the machine. You need to read the rulesheet in depth to understand what to do. So first time players are put off because they don't understand what to do. There's no central bash toy to hit ... so confusion reigns.
Once you learn the rules, and understand what to do, GOT is pretty awesome.
rd

Right on. The shots on the pro are sweet and it plays great but the code seems complicated from the beginning. I'm still not sure what I'm doing in the game and scores will vary greatly even though I feel like I played the same between games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-thrones-premium-or-batman-66-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.