You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

large (resized).jpeg
Switch_17 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi Pinside Community,

1st a big thanks for helping me maintain my 1st Pinball in top shape. This community has helped me with 2 repairs and great information.
I recently had a tech alert for the Switch #17, Right Flipper EDS.

Can a pinball wizard help me with what my pinball is trying to tell me? What do I need to do next?

- Martin.

Switch_17 (resized).jpgSwitch_17 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

That's 'EOS', not "EDS", fyi. The End Of Stroke is the switch mounted on the flipper mech. If it's saying to check the switch that means that either it's not registering when it should, or it's stuck closed. Most commonly a wire has just come off or something though. Take a look at your right flipper and see if there's any obvious issues. If not, post a pic of the flipper mech with the flipper raised and lowered so we can take a look

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That's 'EOS', not "EDS", fyi. The End Of Stroke is the switch mounted on the flipper mech. If it's saying to check the switch that means that either it's not registering when it should, or it's stuck closed. Most commonly a wire has just come off or something though. Take a look at your right flipper and see if there's any obvious issues. If not, post a pic of the flipper mech with the flipper raised and lowered so we can take a look

This.

And compare to the left side to compare.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago

Broken EOS actuators are very common on Stern's. Plastic part on the bracket below. If it's missing on the right side, look on the bottom of the cabinet and you'll likely find the broken off part. Part number is in the manual and new part is available.

large (resized).jpeglarge (resized).jpeg
#5 2 years ago

Thanks, found part of the EOS switch broken for the right flipper. Left flipper also has an issue, the actuator is broken off. Will fix both. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-tech-alert-switch-17-right-flipper-eds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.