Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cro_pinman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cro_pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

You can not do "anything" to change situation - L17 ( unfortunately) MUST go on in lamp test .

Only "solution" is to remove fuse during lamp test, if you want check lamps.

....comes to mind.... did you check coil (A-18318) some (aftermarket) coils are "stronger" then
originals, and (of course ) on coils you have 24V or (elco boosted) 32V ?

Greetings from Croatia

#5 9 years ago

Similar "problems" on SYS1 are with any "extended" solenoid drive ( with "lamp" transistors)
e.g.- Count Down two banks

On Buck Rogers (only) vari-target is on "extended mode" (lamp transistor) and it is.... "inconspicuous"

Quoted from barakandl:

On a side note, sys 1 lamp test is about useless as it happens so quick. I have better results in game play mode.

+1

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I tested the A-18318 coil and got 4 ohms resistance

Looks OK....did you measure voltage on solenoids ? (24 or 32V )

Quoted from snyper2099:

test is designed to operate that way.

+1

#9 9 years ago

Heh ) ...I assumed something like that, that's a reason to repeat the question about voltage on solenoids.

Solutions....

1. remove ADDED elco to get "normal" voltage ( 24 V )
("bad" side is weaker coils "strenght" - especially on flipers )

2. just ignore everything and do not activate the lamp test )

3. make (maybe) risky "move" and put "stronger" fuse (empirically adequate...like 4A SB)
( check the value of added elco on "24V" bridge rectifier....another option is lower value)

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

There is currently no capacitor in that circuit that I can see.

Take look near 24V bridge rectifier ("output" wire is red) at bottom of the cabinet.

WITHOUT elco on this rectifier (and ALL coils ) voltage is 24 V, because you measured 32 V, you "have"
elco connected !! (somewhere )

Higher voltage (WITH elco) means higher current...and 2,5A fuse blows in lamp test ( because activation
pulse is longer vs. "normal" play )

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

and here is where I stand with this wacky system1 crap...

Haha...I can NOT agree with you ) For sure...SYS1 have "some" weak points - BUT, it is very reliable pinball.
(of course, with few modifications, and quality maintenance )
I worked over 20 years with SYS1,(from 1980 to 2000) and some of my pins made over 100k games...I can't "imagine" other can endure "torture" as SYS1 )

Back to topic...
Ok, you had unreliable measure (at this point my limited knowledge of the language comes more "prominent"
anyway... check proper trafo input wiring, because 28V seems to be little "high".

Quoted from snyper2099:

I put a 3AMP time delay fuse on the bank in question and the fuse no longer trips. No idea if going with a 3AMP is less safe or not but I know that the fuse will blow if the coil or transistor ever becomes shorted for much longer than the 5 second lamp test...

From my "point of view" it's OK

cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cro_pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-system-1-question-about-the-sol-test?tu=cro_pinman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.