Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Xenon75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

We have a GoT at league and it's having an intermittent switch issue. As soon as you start a game, you'll get the Winter is Coming animation which locks in your house. You aren't awarded any points.

I opened it up, put it in switch test and was banging on the play field and didn't get any switch closures. I hit the flippers a bunch of times, shook the cabinet and loaded a few balls in the shooter lane with no closures. I really did everything short of trying to load it into the back of a pickup truck.

Does anyone know which switch would cause that particular animation or how I go about chasing this one down?

#3 2 years ago

It locks in Stark, which I believe is the default house.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

What about the button on the lockdown bar?

Would that give you the Winter is Coming animation? I'd also think that would launch the ball?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I believe the "winter is coming" animation is playing because the stark house is selected. I have attached chuckwurt tutorial and around the 4:20 mark he selects stark and it says winter is coming. Does it pick Stark automatically every time a game is started? If so I wonder if it can be changed in the settings. It has been a while since I've looked through the settings, but I seem to remember a setting to disable selecting houses at the start.

Great catch! Looks like as soon as the ball moves off the shooter lane switch in the video, it locks in Stark, shows the Winter is Coming animation and awards no points. That's exactly what is happening with the one at league although the ball is stationary in our case.

We did check the settings and it was set to player choice for the house selection.

I think the shooter lane switch is the first place to look. If the switch isn't completely closing or staying closed with the ball resting on it, that would also make sense as to why banging on the play field didn't show any switch closures.

Thanks Monk !

#10 2 years ago

Oops. Sorry Xenon75 ! I scanned right through your post and it didn't sink in when you pointed out the shooter lane switch.

My apologies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-switch-issue?tu=Spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.