• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Plunger_Surround_Back_(resized).png
Plunger_Surround_Front_(resized).png
#1 8 years ago

I had ordered a gold shooter housing from PDI but, once installed, it looks crappy because of the black rectangular spot in the decal. Someone should make a gold plate to cover it. Any other ideas?

#2 8 years ago

could you get a some mirror stainless plate cut and then have it brass plated.

I have the plunger assembly already modeled so can design a plate to go around the outside and just use some very thin double sided tape to hold it in place. SS #8 mirror comes in 0.9mm thick like the mirror blades.

Happy to draw it and send you the CAD file just let me know how many millimeters beyond the plunger housing you want to go.

#3 8 years ago

That sounds like a great idea--I'm just trying to entice a modder to make them and sell them.

#4 8 years ago

pm sent, as getting some SS cut in the next 1-2 weeks and can add it to the list

1 week later
#5 8 years ago

here is a design that will sandwich between the cabinet and plunger plate so goes 3mm under the plunger housing all around and then extends approximately 5.5mm past the plunger housing all around. I don't know if this would leave a impression in the decal as the black surround is probably Stern's way to avoid decal damage.

it would be 0.9mm mirror stainless, thoughts?

I would NOT brass plate but maybe if people wanted to do one offs with some other parts it would be viable for you.

let me know if this is what you would like? if good can get some cut in the next week.

Plunger_Surround_Back_(resized).pngPlunger_Surround_Back_(resized).pngPlunger_Surround_Front_(resized).pngPlunger_Surround_Front_(resized).png

1 week later
#7 8 years ago

I would be interested in one as well.

#8 8 years ago

I am waiting on my laser cutter as many workshops close over Christmas for a few weeks, he is open but the SS supplier is closed and back next week - getting 5 made as a trial - 4 spoken for so can assign you the 5th one if you like.

#9 8 years ago

I'd love one also whenever they are available cheers!

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'd love one also whenever they are available cheers!

no worries, it will be affordable and cheap to post out so bare with me then can send a heap out.

#11 8 years ago

Great. Will look out for your ad or just PM me. I don't think it looks that bad as is presently but your solution certainly compliments a brass assembly nicely! Good stuff.

1 month later
#12 8 years ago

did these get made?- Id like one for my LOTR to cover up around the shooter housing.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

did these get made?- Id like one for my LOTR to cover up around the shooter housing.

I got just 6 made while getting other gear laser cut but was caught in the backlog so only got them last week.

2 went to pinlawyer, 1 for myself and 3 left (one with a ever so minor scuff scratch)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-shooter-housing-stupid-black-rectangle-missing-from-decal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.