Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DaveH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

How do you beat the Targaryen (top blue) house? Just finished playing a game at pinballz and got stuck there. Had all other houses lit solid and I went through 4 rounds of hurry ups in this house. First was 3 then it was 5 and then it went back to 3 and back to 5. I couldn't figure out what I was missing to beat it and to get Iron Throne. My wife was trying to help but all the dmd kept saying was to keep battling the dragon with hurry ups.

#2 8 years ago

Also, is there a max to the Stark mode? Kept shooting the ramps and cashed in at 60 something million. Couldn't tell how far until it was maxed or not so I cashed in then vs risking losing it.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Also, is there a max to the Stark mode? Kept shooting the ramps and cashed in at 60 something million. Couldn't tell how far until it was maxed or not so I cashed in then vs risking losing it.

It tops out @ 75 million on it's own, not including being multiplied elsewhere.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

How do you beat the Targaryen (top blue) house?

If you can find somebody that's gotten that far in the game, let me know. I've only lit and beaten three houses...still waiting to see Hand of the King.

#5 8 years ago

I think remember reading something about the different Targaryen levels? I think it went something like 3 / 5 / 12 hurry-ups? Perhaps maybe it doesn't have mode memory and once you hit the 5 hurry-ups level, it timed out and when you started it again it re-started from the beginning at 3 hurry-ups? Just a guess.

#6 8 years ago

I beat Targaryen the other day - as you suggested you basically have to start the mode three times and defeat each of the 3 dragons. The last dragon is pretty tough and you have to hit the shots quickly. I think I do remember reading in one of the threads somewhere that there may be a bug if you take too long and it won't let you complete it. Not 100% sure on that though. I just know that I have beat that house (yet to make it to the Iron Throne) and it took 3 times quickly going through the hurry-up shots.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you can find somebody that's gotten that far in the game, let me know. I've only lit and beaten three houses...still waiting to see Hand of the King.

Quoted from T-800:

I beat Targaryen the other day

If anybody needed further confirmation of this, let me make it abundantly clear: I suck at pinball.

Maybe I should just stick to restorations.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If anybody needed further confirmation of this, let me make it abundantly clear: I suck at pinball.

no worries, this is the one thing you don't have to remind us of

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If it's any consolation, I beat Targaryen and did hand of the king all on ball 1 on a location machine - after that I think I must have gone blind, 'cause I failed miserably at getting any further and didn't even come close to touching the Iron Throne.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

If it's any consolation, I beat Targaryen and did hand of the king all on ball 1 on a location machine - after that I think I must have gone blind, 'cause I failed miserably at getting any further and didn't even come close to touching the Iron Throne.

The only way I touch the iron throne is if I take the glass off.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Set your machine to 10 balls per game...

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Set your machine to 10 balls per game...

I did already.

#13 8 years ago

Appreciate it. Must have reset when I drained. Getting 12 will be tough depending on time. Hopefully there is a memory progression setting option for it otherwise that may be a roadblock like Optimus MB was on TFLE.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Appreciate it. Must have reset when I drained. Getting 12 will be tough depending on time. Hopefully there is a memory progression setting option for it otherwise that may be a roadblock like Optimus MB was on TFLE.

An option for progression memory would be great. I do think once people get more experience with the game a lot of the shots are going to get easier and more likely you're going to make the shots you need to make - - one nice thing about the layout not being super jam packed with shots is it makes each shot a little easier to hit relatively speaking.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

An option for progression memory would be great. I do think once people get more experience with the game a lot of the shots are going to get easier and more likely you're going to make the shots you need to make - - one nice thing about the layout not being super jam packed with shots is it makes each shot a little easier to hit relatively speaking.

Agreed 100%. Took me a handful of games to find the shots but once I got dialed into the dragon shot and the right ramp things started progressing quickly.

I also found that nailing the lock stand ups during ball save was the best use of that time as it helped me go through the locks without the dangers of draining. I then started to qualify houses before locking my 3rd ball and then stacked multiple houses in my MB's. Made progressing through the game much easier but I think I lost out on some points as I wasn't able to easily maximize all the houses when they were stacked together.

Super fun game.

#16 8 years ago

I love this damn game.

#17 8 years ago

I love it AND hate it...for all the right reasons.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I love this damn game.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love it AND hate it...for all the right reasons.

Me too. It's a freaking blast. It seems to be just outside my playing skill all the time. I've loved it, and I've yelled in anger at it. And to me, that combination of love and anger makes a great game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-rule-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.