(Topic ID: 225115)

Got rear-ended, how to proceed and not get screwed?

By radium

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

Lawyer up and dont talk to the insurance company. A lot of places don't charge unless they win.
    In the future, grab a dashcam. Saved my butt from a crooked cop that tried to say I ran a red light that was clearly green. Once I drew attention to the cam, he immediately lost interest and I was on my way. Good ones can be had for $50.

Nobody was injured. Not likely to get an attorney to take this on a contingency basis. A lawyer shouldn't be needed on a rear end accident for property damage

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Oh really? We weren’t sure if we should involve our insurance company because I don’t want my rate going up.

I can almost guarantee you that your policy of insurance REQUIRES you to report the accident if a certain amount of damage is incurred. Not worth risking them fighting your claim later for not reporting it timely (if you wind up having to go after them instead of GEICO). If you were rear ended, it's not your fault, and your rate should not go up.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It is now on your CLUE report. A simple call to your insurance company to ask a question about a potential claim is fair game to report on CLUE.

Not only that, his insurance company would still know about the incident even if he never called them. It will show up based on the GEICO claim (they will get the VIN of his car, and insurance companies all share information about claims). When he goes to renew with his current carrier, they will see it. This is why there is no reason to NOT report the incident/claim to your own insurance company. The only time you would consider doing that is if you are resolving the claim between yourselves, and NO insurance company is involved on either side.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

I must be missing something? How would he have a no-fault incident when HE was rear-ended and the police report says the other driver was at fault??

Read what you wrote again.

It makes perfect sense.

#76 5 years ago

Still a lot of comments about not getting your insurance company involved when it's not your fault.

Again: if you get the other parties insurance carrier involved, your insurance company will find out about the incident at some point.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-rear-ended-how-to-proceed-and-not-get-screwed?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.