Linked Games

Topic poll

“Game of thrones pro vs AC/DC premium vault”

• AC/DC premium vault 105 votes
    71%
  • Game of thrones pro 43 votes
    29%

(148 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WaddleJrJr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago

GOT is one of my least favorite pinball machines of all time. I find the rules design to be completely atrocious, incredibly unbalanced, and extremely unfun. The scoring is ridiculous and makes discrepancies that are both intimidating and defeating to new and casual players. On top of that I'd say the game has some of the worst artwork on any Stern machine, as well as dots that feel crampt and unable to properly convey the information they're trying to convey.

ACDC is one of the greatest pinball machines ever made. It has a fantastic balance of risk and reward, with each mode providing a fairly unique and relatively equally viable approach to playing the game. With both of these being Steve Ritchie designs they can tend to be a little grindy, so that's something to be aware of going into either option, however with ACDC having the Song Jackpot constantly looming over your head can make that grind feel more exciting.

I've played many, many games on both of these machines on location and in tournaments. One I hope to never play again, and one I would gladly own.

#25 6 years ago

My best example of this showed with Pingolf. We had Game of Thrones at a Pingolf competition a couple years ago (shortly after it released), and the Pingolf goal score had to be in the hundreds of millions as to make it something that the competitive players would actually have to be somewhat challenged to achieve.

The Pingolf competition used the current common scoring scheme where you can get as high as a 10 on a hole based on how far you were from the goal score after ball 5 (by percentage).

This lead to situations where casual players who weren't familiar with how GoT is played would step up, play 3 balls like they would on any normal pinball machine, and get 10 million. Instantly getting them the worst possible score they could get on the game, and making them feel like they played like absolute trash, even though they had a fairly average game as far as game-time and making shots was concerned. Typically I'd expect a game to have some base-line level of reward for average level play, but Game of Thrones has absolutely none of that. You either know what you're doing and get things going and get big points, or you just get nothing (or you get lucky and back door yourself into big scoring).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WaddleJrJr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-pro-vs-acdc-premium-vault?tu=WaddleJrJr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.