Linked Games

Topic poll

“Game of thrones pro vs AC/DC premium vault”

• AC/DC premium vault 105 votes
    71%
  • Game of thrones pro 43 votes
    29%

(148 votes)

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Sorry to keep posting these “this vs that threads”. I ruled out getting a Star Wars a week ago, now I am stuck between these two. Obviously GOT pro will save me dough.

Any thoughts?
Never watched Game of Thrones, but plan on it in future.
AC/DC was my first cassette tape back in 1989.

I have played AC/DC premium. Loved it. Does it get repetitive? Rules deep?

Never played GOT, but watched countless YouTube videos, light show looks sweet, art is subpar for me.

Thanks for your time.

#2 6 years ago

got pro looks ugly but plays beautiful. fast and great flow and rules.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

got pro looks ugly but plays beautiful. fast and great flow and rules.

Thanks

#4 6 years ago

I vote ac dc.

#5 6 years ago

I am actually letting you guys decide for me. Thanks for voting

#6 6 years ago

This is a tough choice. I would really like to hear from people who actually own both games or at least people who have put a lot of time on both games because there are going to be a lot of biased reviews from the people who own one game or the other probably.

#7 6 years ago

Both games shoot great, however gots rules really set it above acdc, especially in a home setting. No question for me, got pro.

#8 6 years ago

ACDC ruleset by Lyman Sheats for the win.
Nuff said.

#9 6 years ago

GOT is a good game, but not as good as AC/DC premium. Aesthetically, it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Pontiac Aztek

#10 6 years ago

acdc premium is one of sterns top 3 all time, and i own a GOT Pro. ACDC all day

#11 6 years ago

AC/DC and GOT aren't even on the same planet as far as code and gameplay. AC/DC all the way.

#12 6 years ago

I'm just sorry your first tape was with Brian Johnson and not Bon Scott.... ....

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

I'm just sorry your first tape was with Brian Johnson and not Bon Scott.... ....

The tape was “high voltage”. Lol

#14 6 years ago

One is a well respected modern classic. The other is just released. It’s not a contest you can fairly judge today.

#15 6 years ago

GOT for me but I never cared for ACDC...surprised the voting is even this close.

#16 6 years ago

I own both (and have hundreds and hundreds of games on each) .... ACDC over GoT. I am not knocking on GoT as its a great game, but ACDC Premium is so damn good. Great playfield, great rules, awesome music, energy and excitement that very few games give off. When you hit the targets and hear the crack of lightning with the screaming voice....THUNDER!, you know its a good game GoT plays more adventurous, laid back a bit for much of it, relaxing symphony background music, goals to achieve for each family. Then there's ACDC .... while each song has rules, you need to bash Bash BASH! everything. Launch the cannon, go down to hell's lower playfield, multiballs galore, Rosie shaking her inflatable jugs, TNT plungers, bells ringing and swinging, spinners, drops, awesomeness

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I own both (and have hundreds and hundreds of games on each) .... ACDC over GoT. I am not knocking on GoT as its a great game, but ACDC Premium is so damn good. Great playfield, great rules, awesome music, energy and excitement that very few games give off. When you hit the targets and hear the crack of lightning with the screaming voice....THUNDER!, you know its a good game GoT plays more adventurous, laid back a bit for much of it, relaxing symphony background music, goals to achieve for each family. Then there's ACDC .... while each song has rules, you need to bash Bash BASH! everything. Launch the cannon, go down to hell's lower playfield, multiballs galore, Rosie shaking her inflatable jugs, TNT plungers, bells ringing and swinging, spinners, drops, awesomeness

Perfect!

#18 6 years ago

Another vote for acdc prem.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

ACDC ruleset by Lyman Sheats for the win.
Nuff said.

Quoted from Khabbi:

AC/DC and GOT aren't even on the same planet as far as code and gameplay. AC/DC all the way.

Rules vs rules = GOT wins
Code vs code = AC/DC wins

+ GOT wins in the flow and speed dept but not by much (both are fast and flow good).
+ AC/DC wins in the feel good shots dept but not by much (both are fun as hell to shoot).
+ AC/DC wins in the art dept but not by much (they're both dam ugly lol).
+ AC/DC wins in sound cause after all, it's AC/DC!
+ GOT wins in the fun dept. AC/DC is more work than fun.

AC/DC is overall the better game; but GOT is more fun and has better rules. Today I choose GOT, tomorrow I choose AC/DC.

#20 6 years ago

I have hundreds of plays on both. I own an original AC/DC premium. My friend has a GOT pro and our league has one as well.

I voted for AC/DC. I really like both games. As previous posters have said, both games have really good rules and flow. The art isn't spectacular on either. AC/DC has an excitement factor that pushes it over the top for me. The bell shot is one of the best shots in pinball and is way more satisfying than the battering ram on GOT. If you like AC/DC, like I do, the theme makes a difference. The pin gets rockin and it's so much fun!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Boiler415:

I have hundreds of plays on both. I own an original AC/DC premium. My friend has a GOT pro and our league has one as well.
I voted for AC/DC. I really like both games. As previous posters have said, both games have really good rules and flow. The art isn't spectacular on either. AC/DC has an excitement factor that pushes it over the top for me. The bell shot is one of the best shots in pinball and is way more satisfying than the battering ram on GOT. If you like AC/DC, like I do, the theme makes a difference. The pin gets rockin and it's so much fun!

Thank you all! I am ordering an AC/DC premium at the end of week. Case closed. It’s a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll.

#22 6 years ago

I have both. Get the GOT. Better game overall. Music pins get a little boring over time in my opinion.

#23 6 years ago

GOT is one of my least favorite pinball machines of all time. I find the rules design to be completely atrocious, incredibly unbalanced, and extremely unfun. The scoring is ridiculous and makes discrepancies that are both intimidating and defeating to new and casual players. On top of that I'd say the game has some of the worst artwork on any Stern machine, as well as dots that feel crampt and unable to properly convey the information they're trying to convey.

ACDC is one of the greatest pinball machines ever made. It has a fantastic balance of risk and reward, with each mode providing a fairly unique and relatively equally viable approach to playing the game. With both of these being Steve Ritchie designs they can tend to be a little grindy, so that's something to be aware of going into either option, however with ACDC having the Song Jackpot constantly looming over your head can make that grind feel more exciting.

I've played many, many games on both of these machines on location and in tournaments. One I hope to never play again, and one I would gladly own.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

The scoring is ridiculous and makes discrepancies that are both intimidating and defeating to new and casual players.

How so?

#25 6 years ago

My best example of this showed with Pingolf. We had Game of Thrones at a Pingolf competition a couple years ago (shortly after it released), and the Pingolf goal score had to be in the hundreds of millions as to make it something that the competitive players would actually have to be somewhat challenged to achieve.

The Pingolf competition used the current common scoring scheme where you can get as high as a 10 on a hole based on how far you were from the goal score after ball 5 (by percentage).

This lead to situations where casual players who weren't familiar with how GoT is played would step up, play 3 balls like they would on any normal pinball machine, and get 10 million. Instantly getting them the worst possible score they could get on the game, and making them feel like they played like absolute trash, even though they had a fairly average game as far as game-time and making shots was concerned. Typically I'd expect a game to have some base-line level of reward for average level play, but Game of Thrones has absolutely none of that. You either know what you're doing and get things going and get big points, or you just get nothing (or you get lucky and back door yourself into big scoring).

#26 6 years ago

I owned both at the same time, not long ago.
AC/DC prem was sent packing and GoT pro is here to stay.

AC/DC is a stunning pin. But it got old after about 4 months.

GoT variety of house rules and play tactics keeps it fresh.

#27 6 years ago

I'd go with avatar LE.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

This lead to situations where casual players who weren't familiar with how GoT is played would step up, play 3 balls like they would on any normal pinball machine, and get 10 million. Instantly getting them the worst possible score they could get on the game, and making them feel like they played like absolute trash, even though they had a fairly average game as far as game-time and making shots was concerned. Typically I'd expect a game to have some base-line level of reward for average level play, but Game of Thrones has absolutely none of that. You either know what you're doing and get things going and get big points, or you just get nothing (or you get lucky and back door yourself into big scoring).

Getting 10 million they would’ve only made like 6 successful shots over 3 balls of play. Hell 3 skill shots would’ve gotten them half that. Not much you can do about that lol

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

So basically your upset players that don't know the rules or scoring strategies of a game, don't know how to score a bunch of points? Yeah well, I mean they should probably learn how to play the machine properly.
OR
You need to do a better job at setting up pingolf holes. You should have made the hole "light 3 houses" or something like that.
My fav was "light 6 bigfoot hotfoots." WTF I never even thought of that.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

The tape was “high voltage”. Lol

Lol.. you get a pass then !

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Lol.. you get a pass then !

Hahahaha thanks.

#32 6 years ago

I would do AC/DC. I liked the lower playfield. If it were GOT premium-i would do that. some folks say the GOT pro is better. But I don't think so. I own the premium, so i'm biased. I think the upper playfields adds a lot . I say pay up and get GOT premium and that solves you dilemma.

#33 6 years ago

Game of Thrones Premium or LE would be my choice. I love the upper playfield. More to do. Well implemented into the game.

I do not like music pins cant get into them. GOT has incredible rules. Fun playing game. And if you so happen to be a fan of the show it is all the more enjoyable.

ACDC has the best music in any pin hands down... But for me just not a great theme.

Pinball is great everyone is different and I so disagree with the guy right below me.

#34 6 years ago

GoT Pro is a great game. I enjoy it every time I come across it, whether it's casual play or in competition. I'd stay away from the premium/LE version. That upper playfield is awful and way too big.

AC/DC, however, is probably the best game Stern has ever made, and I would pick it over anything else you could put against it from Stern. There are so many great ways to attack that game, the shots are great, and it can be set up to be absolutely brutal when needed. The game has a great rule set, a great light show, and is a bit more varied in gameplay than you'll get with Game of Thrones.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

One is a well respected modern classic. The other is just released. It’s not a contest you can fairly judge today.

Game of Thrones (GOT) not Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG).

I'm also surprised the voting is close....AC/DC Pre all the way. Not even a close contest.

#36 6 years ago

I own both and they are both excellent games however ACDC premium is perhaps the best game Stern has ever made GOT Pro falls in the top 10. Not a bad choice either way but you wont have trouble getting rid of the ACDC premium if you don't like it. GOT pro should have a few more hundred dollars to depreciate as more an more Stern titles are introduced. Or do like I do and buy both and play them to death!
Regards,
Al

#37 6 years ago

Thank you all! I am ordering an AC/DC premium at the end of week. Case closed. It’s a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll.

You need to check this out . Have fun with your new pinball.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Game of Thrones (GOT) not Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG).
I'm also surprised the voting is close....AC/DC Pre all the way. Not even a close contest.

You’re right. Thanks for catching that.

#39 6 years ago

Excellent choice! AC/DC is a blast.

#40 6 years ago

Is it even a premium vault without bon scott...?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

You need to check this out . Have fun with your new pinball.
» YouTube video

Thanks mr Knapp!

#42 6 years ago

Why not get both? I know you already pulled the trigger, but I would have gotten both. I just sold my AC/DC LUCI and bought a GOT Pro and a AC/DC Pro. You could buy both for a little more money and be happier? I think the Premium has a great light show but I feel the lower playfield is too much of a novelty and kills flow. I prefer the gameplay on the Pro for both titles.

#43 6 years ago

I lov the lower playfied welcome to hell...serns best game..

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Why not get both? I know you already pulled the trigger, but I would have gotten both. I just sold my AC/DC LUCI and bought a GOT Pro and a AC/DC Pro. You could buy both for a little more money and be happier? I think the Premium has a great light show but I feel the lower playfield is too much of a novelty and kills flow. I prefer the gameplay on the Pro for both titles.

I can’t fit two. Thanks for posting! This is my 4th and last game unless I sell and swap one out.

#45 6 years ago

I can’t fit two. Thanks for posting! This is my 4th and last game unless I sell and swap one out.

Why not buy a bigger house also then?

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why not buy a bigger house also then?

Real funny who Dey.

#47 6 years ago

He's not joking; A lot of us have had to do it

#48 6 years ago

I thought got pro sucked, empty playfield. premium was better. ac/dc better than both.

#49 6 years ago

It seems like AC/DC actually meant something to you back in the day and you have never seen GOT so I would go with AC/DC

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's not joking; A lot of us have had to do it

He has more money than Jed Clampett, I don't know what's holding him back truthfully?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-pro-vs-acdc-premium-vault?hl=phantasmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.