(Topic ID: 212823)

GOT Pro switch issues

By VolunteerPin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Looking for a little (okay, maybe a lot) help here.

The problem so far as I've been able to diagnose:

During game play additional balls are put into play, locks are awarded as are other switch hits which did not occur.

Work thus far:

- switch testing (including trough optos) normal except for below:
- switch testing revealed that the all 3 pop bumpers are activating multiple switches. using slo-mo video capture I was able to figure out which switches are registering. That testing first lead me to believe node board 9 was bad. Over $200 later I install said board (with correct dip switch settings) and nothing changes.
- a little more reading and it looks like all 3 pops are associated with node board 10. Luckily that is same node board as 9 so I now have an extra one and I swapped it out (adjusting dip switches accordingly). No luck
- messing around in switch tests again, I was able to activate the auto-plunger by simply messing with the pop bumper. I also noticed that the upper left GI goes out while the multiple switches are registering in the switch test upon pop bumper testing. The GI comes back on after the last phantom switch is registered. Got confused and hence this post.

I cannot find a classic "switch matrix" like on older pins. This is the first time trying to really trouble shoot a SPIKE system. I did have to replace one node board on my AS before but it fixed me right up.

I did a visual inspection of the wires around the pops and jiggled them a little but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

I really appreciate any help on this. I had to pull this pin from location a month ago for this issue. I was able to replace it so not truly out any earnings but I would like to get it back in the line up.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Darin

#2 6 years ago

bump for some help hopefully

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-pro-switch-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.