Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So I was playing a game tonight, and I locked ball 2. After that, the game rapid fired 3 of the balls from the trough into the shooter lane, and then the auto launch solenoid hit all 3 of them onto the PF in one shot. The game only did it that one time. Maybe a bug in the code....

I had just moved the game with foam covering both the ball trough entrance near the flippers as well as the shooter. I'm guessing a piece of foam may have blocked and opto or something. This theory comes as I had a small piece of foam block one of the in lanes on the skill shot, keeping the ball from rolling down the lane.

If not, does anyone actually sell the trough boards? I noticed Marco is like the only vendor and they're out of the transmitter board. I did buy this NIB from GEX in Feb 2018, so I am guessing I could call into Stern if absolutely required.

Just kicking around ideas before I go to bed. Let me know, if you were in my situation, what would you do?

#2 5 years ago

My guess is the ball detect switch in the lane maybe.

#3 5 years ago

Gained access to the trough area. I found 3 or 4 really long hairs in the trough. Given that the foam I used to block the trough entrance and exit is normally stored out in the open and we have 3 cats, 1 dog, and a future wife that all shed like crazy, I'm guessing that's how the hairs got in there. All optos tested ok, and I played a 15+ minute game with zero issues. I think, for now, this issue was caused due to the long hairs in the trough interfering with the optos.

I'll keep everyone informed if the problem returns.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-pro-rapid-fire-ball-launch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.