• Game of Throne PRO 26 votes
    33%
  • No Preference - like them both 12 votes
    15%
  • No Preference - don't like either 7 votes
    9%

(80 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

Which do you prefer? Please vote based on preference regardless of cost.
I know this has been discussed sporadically in other threads. I just wanted to really focus on the pros/cons in one thread.

#2 8 years ago

Pro if you want fast, speed, flow and intensity.

PREM/LE if you want technical, slow, and klunk.

To me, it just seems like the rules were based around the pro and the LE/PREM slows that down.

#3 8 years ago

Also, it would be great if anyone wants to post why they prefer one over the other.

#4 8 years ago

Too early to tell IMO. Most Premium/LEs need a significant tweak or two to play like they were intended.

Supposedly the fix is coming from Stern, but a few Pinsiders have made their own fixes.

I will say this, the GOT LE/Premiums mini playfield is awesome. It adds a lot to the gameplay and still maintains a lot of flow.

#5 8 years ago

I voted for both with no major preference. They both play really different to me and if money wasn't an issue I'd love to have both in my house. I bought an LE based off the pressure from my wife, due to the art package (she collects dragons). If you already have a super flow game then the LE/Prem would be a good mix for your house. If you don't have a flow game then a pro would go great.

#6 8 years ago

GOT LE mini playfield is maybe my favorite mini playfield of all time. I think it's crazy how well it plays. A lot of the great mini-playfields are occasional features like TZ or Shadow. The ball gets up there frequently on GOT and it's still very fun and doesn't take forever. I personally wouldn't give it up for all the "but it's so much faster" flow in the world.

#7 8 years ago

I would split prem/LE in the poll so people can also vote which one they prefer artwise.

#8 8 years ago

I own a pro and did not get to play the LE in Chicago, but i thought it looked great. People seemed to like the LE and the Pro at the show.

I'm not sure you can go wrong either way. Many people that have played both say they are different pins. The pro being a bit faster and easier to see. The LE fast as well, but more technical and perhaps even deeper code (with modes that are not on or as fleshed out on the pro)

#9 8 years ago

I think the Prem/LE upper playfield is cool, but I feel it adds a MB, which doesn't seem like it's needed. I think changing the mechanics of starting Wall MB to the kickback shot on prem/Le isn't as good as the top lanes.
The pro is for sure quicker, if that matters.
having said that, I think if I had the extra cash, I might get the prem/LE because the upper PF is pretty cool.

I don't pay thousands more on something just because of art, because none of them look super great.

#10 8 years ago

I own both, and I'm probably going to sell the LE. It's too clunky and just not as fun to play. STeve has always been my favorite designer for the past 30 years, but I think he missed on this premium/LE.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I own both, and I'm probably going to sell the LE. It's too clunky and just not as fun to play. STeve has always been my favorite designer for the past 30 years, but I think he missed on this premium/LE.

Wow, you own both. Impressive!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Have you done the fixes for the prem/le's that fix the orbit, throne, right ramp and elevator issues? If so, what is feels "clunky"? I'm curious as my experience playing both is that they feel the same with the exception of the right ramp. At that point it adds a little stop to the flow but I've never felt it being "clunky".

#13 8 years ago

I played the LE a lot this past weekend. Looked beautiful and played really well too. Really liked the rgb lighting too, added a lot of flair to the experience. The upper playfield looked nicer than expected and was fun. It's not so easy as to detract from the flow of the game and was fun trying to hit the lit target without draining top or bottom. Go for premium if you can id say. That said I've played the pro too. Pro is fun but definitely not as cool overall.

#14 8 years ago

Pro plays alot better but is fairly ugly, premium looks pretty good, but the upper playfield is not fun and costs alot more.

I wish they would make a pro version with the prem art package, I would actually consider buying that.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I wish they would make a pro version with the prem art package, I would actually consider buying that.

I agree, why get poop when you can get poop with snow on it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-pro-or-premium-poll-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.