New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 165480)

GOT pro or Premium?

By aveamike

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmarston
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

hello,

i keep one game on location in my town... mostly because i like to play when i am at the local bar. MET pro has done pretty well over the last year but game play is earning less reciently. i am think of changing it up with a GOT. i baby these games on location and take good care of them. eventually i sell them or i bring them home.

i have played lots of GOT pro and LE on location in NYC and like both machines. anyone have a feeling which will hold up better on location? do the premiums have better playfield quality? i am shocked how quickly the KISS playfield are getting damaged on location. which GOT do you think is better over all? i dont love the upper playfield on GOT and thinks it slows down a very long playing game and im not sure what the pop up drop target does for the game.

i like MET pro better then the premium because it plays faster. i do miss the spinner, grave and light show but actually dislike the hammer.

i am also considering putting in a TWD premium but i think it's too hard for your average player.
curious casual players get really frustrated by that right pop bumper drain.

any opinions on GOT?

#3 4 years ago

Go pro. Prem is good too but not worth the extra $$$

#4 4 years ago

GOT pro is awesome. If I buy another it will still be pro over prem. The pro is a better playing game, IMO.

I don't know how either does on location though. The rules aren't super obvious to the casual player.

#5 4 years ago

On location I'd go with a pro. If it's for you down the road, get the premium.

#6 4 years ago

Played both at Pintastic and thought the pro has better gameplay. I like being able to see the whole ramps. Just my pref. I feel like the upper playfield hides everything.

#7 4 years ago

Premium is more appealing visually, but the pro is super fatty and fun with practically all the features.

If you do go pro, upgrade the translite to something custom or get a premium translite

#8 4 years ago

Just curious, if you are talking about putting a pin on location, GB Pro seems like home run with everything it offers for the price. Game just draws attention IMO.

If you're really dead set on GOT though, I'd go Pro.

#9 4 years ago

I'd go pro as well,8th season is the last I just heard tonight

#10 4 years ago

I would get the premium because I like the artwork and it has wooly mammoths

#11 4 years ago

You really should decide what you want to do after the game is done its routed life. I have a pre and think it's better for a small collection at home, but on route a pro would probably be more bang for your buck

#12 4 years ago

GoT Premium is doing great here. Best earning game by far on my location.

#13 4 years ago

Oyv, do you have a GB also?

#14 4 years ago

I personally love the GOT pro. It is buttery smooth in terms of gameplay. If on route, I would imagine the pro would earn just as much as the premium.

#15 4 years ago

I may be in the minority here, but I played both Pro and Premium extensively before deciding to buy the Premium. To me, the Pro is incredibly boring. The Premium to me is much faster because more of the shots are closer to the plafyfield, requiring split-second reactions to prevent draining. Since I'm not a great player, I find it insanely hard. From a route POV, having that upper playfield gives it a "hook" that another game without a similar simply doesn't offer. Then again, the speed of the game might make it a bad choice for a bar, where consumption of alcohol could result in slowed reflexes.

The other thing is that either version of GOT really requires a lot of strategic thinking and knowledge of the rules to accomplish anything meaningful. Even after nearly four months of ownership of my GOTPre I still only have a limited understanding of the rules. That might limit its appeal to casual players.

Honestly, if I were in your situation, I'd put in a Ghostbusters Pro. The popularity of the theme, the humor of the game, its variety of shots, and its stop and go action would probably make it more popular than a GOT in a bar environment.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Oyv, do you have a GB also?

No GB. Nor any other new Sterns for that matter - the rest of our line-up is LOTR, Spiderman, WH2O, AFM, CftBL, SoF, FH and BK2K, roughly in order of popularity. Hobbit on its way; will replace BK2K. Next addition after that is not decided yet.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

From a route POV, having that upper playfield gives it a "hook" that another game without a similar simply doesn't offer.

This is the reason why we hope to be able to go for Premiums going forward as well. We believe people want variety, and the toys on Premium/LE editions usually stand out as differences to the uninformed public, more than playfield layouts and rule sets do.

#18 4 years ago

Just sent Trent money for the Pro. Thanks for the advice.

I think the theme will be a hit in the local bar, more then GB.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

I think the GOT theme will be a hit in the local bar, more then GB.

If it isn't a hit...who you gonna call?

#21 4 years ago

Both are great games. The premium has a lot of upgrades for the money in my view.

2 months later
#22 3 years ago

One of my informants popped into Half Moon Hudson the other day and observed that the GoT is there as well as the Metallica. Hudson is becoming the pinball oasis of the whole region!
.................David Marston

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mequon, WI
$ 79.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside