Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

got_set-up_2.jpg
got_set-up.jpg
GOT_box.jpg
image.jpeg
renly-clapping-game-of-thrones.gif
Game_of_Thrones_star_Jack_Gleeson___Joffrey_couldn_t_just_fall_off_a_ladder_and_go_splat_.jpg
20151016_180947.jpg
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

For those that got to play it? Which version do you prefer; wondering if it will have the some rules for both

#2 8 years ago

I think the players will love the pro, had a blast playing it most of the time here.
The fan will want the prem/ Le as it looks and feels more like the theme .
I don't play my acdc mini playfield much so for me the pro but fans who like them will be very happy with this games version.

#3 8 years ago

Played both, both play well.

Pro, fun to shoot, game play is long. Seems a lot of shots can be missed but the player is not punish like on other games that were recently released. Multiball is easy to obtain on the first level, overall very good product as far as gameplay. What you would expect from Steve R.

LE, played a bit longer than the pro, same opinions as above as the lower field is basically the same. I love the added drop target that blocks the right ramp entrance, think this can add to depth and stop the same shots over and over. Which I did see a lot of on the pro. The upper field is fun, Dragon your is cool. I'm sure some mod guys will improve that as well. Shooting the upper field isn't great but I can see how it will add to the overall rules of the game. The art package on the outside is pretty good, I'm an le buyer do i wish I could have the premium cab art instead from what I see.

Finally I will say the black water lock mechanism is genius, no more lock errors like lotr where more then one ball released on the right side.

Great job to stern as far as how the table shoots, I know I heard a lot of chatter about no lcd display or color dmd. I can get with that argument but this game is a great shooting/feel pinball table. Overall I'll be happy.

Hope this helps. Any questions about game play I'd be happy to answer. I got a few minutes before returning to expo.

Chris20151016_180947.jpg20151016_180947.jpg

#4 8 years ago

That mini pf looks way better than acdc's and there seemed to be no shortage of flow. With multiple exits, mini pf ball times seemed very balanced. The mini pf did look to lack code but it's still on initial release code. And, the dragon fire effect was bitching. After seeing Roberts 1 bil game, I see no reason to go pro for me personally and home use.

#5 8 years ago

So I watched both pro and le videos and I think the pro looks like the funner, while less original, game. If the upper pf was entered via a vuk say like shadow and still had two flowing ramps, I'd be all over it. But trading a flowing ramp for an upper pf and then killing the flow of the other with a blocking target and ball lock is a deal breaker for me.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So I watched both pro and le videos and I think the pro looks like the funner, while less original, game. If the upper pf was entered via a vuk say like Shadow and still had two flowing ramps, I'd be all over it. But trading a flowing ramp for an upper pf and then killing the flow of the other with a blocking target and ball lock is a deal breaker for me.

I'm agreeing with this, not sure it's totally out but I can wait for the ideal pin. I'm sure it's fun and fine. But I've decided to wait and see what's next.

#7 8 years ago

I only saw from phone screen twitch stream but the art and color looked weird and the pf looked like a total afterthought put there. I thought the pro looked better. LE more $ and you usually get what you pay for but just my .02. Oh yeah and I think the flippers were containly flipping with the regular ones. I thought that was totally not acceptable. Just wear and tear for nothing.

#8 8 years ago

Upper pf in games with them usually flip full time. The only exception are games that have a clear switched entrance into the upper pf.

#9 8 years ago

Is it the same exact dragon on the pro and le? Hmmm, seems like the pro doesn't have the smooth flap that the LE has.

Rob

#10 8 years ago

Not sure of this has been pointed out.

Pro dragon toy wings are articulated via a coil solenoid kicking the dragon body so the wings move. It's clunky.

LE/Prem dragon toy the wings are articulated and move via a stationary dragon body as the wings move by a rotating cam so the wings are smooth and fluid. Much better design.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Pro dragon toy wings are articulated via a coil solenoid kicking the dragon body so the wings move. It's clunky.
LE/Prem dragon toy the wings are articulated and move via a stationary dragon body as the wings move by a rotating cam so the wings are smooth and fluid. Much better design.

Which begs the question of how much of a price difference would there be between the 2 mechs? For the sake of keeping the required part count down for all the games, Stern should just use the same dragon on all the games. But, Stern also has to justify the extra cost of the LE/Premiums so this is part of the plan. Provide a shittier mech on the pro even though the better one might cost $20 more to mass produce. Same thing happened with the Vengeance on ST.....

Rob

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

i agree with this, played the pro a lot (about 25-30 games) dragon on the pro is clunky, at some point you can feel the coil driving the dragon in the flipper buttons and the machine... click click click.
i was about 3 feets away from robert when he played the LE, dragon does move a lot better, couldn't play the LE, too many people but i asked robert the next day what was his opinion about the pro and LE, he said the pro was better for combo shots and multipliers.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Upper pf in games with them usually flip full time. The only exception are games that have a clear switched entrance into the upper pf.

I realize this but it doesn't make it OK. More noise, wear and tear, especially on an LE you would think a switch or sensor a relay board and a bit of code would be not overlooked.

wWE was mentioned to me and that is not OK ethier but it is barely noticable. Still poor design. Imo

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I realize this but it doesn't make it OK. More noise, wear and tear, especially on an LE you would think a switch or sensor a relay board and a bit of code would be not overlooked.
wWE was mentioned to me and that is not OK ethier but it is barely noticable. Still poor design. Imo

Keith from JJP had a good explanation from. A sw perspective on why, even with the proper switches, you still wouldn't want to do this. I'm not sure how persuaded I was by the argument. But at least there is a good argument out there for it.

#15 8 years ago

Pro has the best "bang-for-the-buck", this time around.
Verrrrry addictive!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Pro has the best "bang-for-the-buck", this time around.
Verrrrry addictive!

Yes, empty playfields can be fun!! Hey Stern, don't worry about toys or filling a playfield, we're easy to please as long as there's something to shoot and it appears "fast".

#17 8 years ago

Very interesting, I was only able to play the pro 2 games hard to judge from that. I saw the LE play and from the view on the screen the upper playfield seemed very large. Not sure I like that.

#18 8 years ago

the pro needs better artwork...

#19 8 years ago

I've committed to a pro - looks like a solid SR game.

Scott

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

the pro needs better artwork...

the pro needs a better translit.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Yes, empty playfields can be fun!! Hey Stern, don't worry about toys or filling a playfield, we're easy to please as long as there's something to shoot and it appears "fast".

Sarcasm.....but it can be true. Look at IM, on of the better pins ever made (IMHO).

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Glad to hear you were playing it all night too!

Wait, you WERE there at Expo playing it, right?
Heaven forbid you're not just being another Pinside armchair GOT quarterback on me right now and my opinion is akin to monkey feces being smeared on a playfield because, that honestly would suck...

I think what you probably meant to say was,
The pro plays like if IM and LOTR had a glabrous love-child and named it "Slick..."

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

They made a version with more stuff and version with less. I went to expo and based on seeing the games in person the Pro works for me. If you want more stuff then go LE. The guy that destroyed the game Robert is 5th ranked in the world and his opinion was the pro was better for combos and multiplier shots.

#24 8 years ago

After a good amount of play on the pro I have to say I'd be happy going pro on this one. LE looks fun/cool but I generally don't love upper PFs. I like being able to see the majority of the PF. Shots not hit clean enough on the left loop will drop the ball back down. I like to see what's going on especially in those areas. I know some will call it stripped but it was flat out fun to play. Smooth as butter with plenty of shots that can be backhanded is right up my alley.

#25 8 years ago

Final decission leaning towards getting a pro; seems like that is the one everybody seemed to love and was very fast. Any last thoughts guys before I pull the trigger

#26 8 years ago

What's a good price for pro and premium?

If you're not allowd to post a price just shoot me a PM, I like to have a ballpark figure because dealers don't always lead with their best price.

#27 8 years ago

i played about 25 games on the pro, there is plenty to shoot for, it's all about combos and modes.

i was about 2 feet away from Robert when he played the LE, upper playfield looks cool no doubt but i asked Robert's opinion about the LE and he said the pro is a better choice if you want points and combos, faster and better flow (maybe codes will change that?)
and i have to agree with him about the pro.

so my choice is the pro, i like fast game.
doesn't mean the LE is not good, it's two choices for two kinds of people.

#28 8 years ago

Yea. This time around the pro isn't just lesser than. It's actually a different feeling game. While the pro removes the upper playfield, it adds a ramp that flows back to the flippers. I think there is a strong case for those that will prefer the pro in this case, and it won't be due to price.

#29 8 years ago

i'm surprised nobody has mentioned the difference in maintenance between the pro and the premium/le?

I noticed the upper pf flippers ALWAYS flip and stay up when cradling a ball(s) in the lower pf....that's not so cool
good luck keeping the left orbit clean under that monster upper pf
more flippers/elevators/switches/etc to clean/replace/deal with on the premium/le

pro flow and easy to keep up > premium/le

#30 8 years ago

Bear in mind that the upper playfield had basically no code, so it's pretty impossible to say how much it will add to the game until it does.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So I watched both pro and le videos and I think the pro looks like the funner, while less original, game. If the upper pf was entered via a vuk say like Shadow and still had two flowing ramps, I'd be all over it. But trading a flowing ramp for an upper pf and then killing the flow of the other with a blocking target and ball lock is a deal breaker for me.

I played the Pro and watched a brief video of the LE. I would tend to agree with Mark here. I'm not a MUST HAVE FLOW guy, but the flowing ramps were a major draw to GOT Pro. To lose this for the mandatory upper playfield shot is a major negative to me. I was originally thinking about a Prem, but if anything, I think I would most consider a Pro.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm surprised nobody has mentioned the difference in maintenance between the pro and the premium/le?
I noticed the upper pf flippers ALWAYS flip and stay up when cradling a ball(s) in the lower pf....that's not so cool
good luck keeping the left orbit clean under that monster upper pf
more flippers/elevators/switches/etc to clean/replace/deal with on the premium/le
pro flow and easy to keep up > premium/le

It depends on how serviceable they made it. If it's like Shadow or BK2K, you can just flip the whole thing backward on a hinge. Here's hoping!

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Bear in mind that the upper playfield had basically no code, so it's pretty impossible to say how much it will add to the game until it does.

I just don't like being able to get up there so easily via a major ramp. I realize they can block it with the drop, but then you're removing a fun ramp shot. If the ramp had a diverter that typically returned to the flippers until you qualified the mini-playfield, or a Shadow-esqe VUK, then the LE/Prem would be the way to go. In its current state, I'm thinking Pro is probably more fun.

#34 8 years ago

I asked in an other thread but didn't get an answer, has the LE/Prem two kickbacks? One under the dragon?

From Facebook:
Rob Ganshorn: "Does the ball hit the dragon on the upper playfield or does he just flap his wings?"
Stern Pinball: "The ball does not physically contact the dragon. There is a kickback mounted under it."
Rob Ganshorn: "on the le?"
Stern Pinball: "On the LE/Premium"

#35 8 years ago

I'll cross post my opinion to this thread as well:

Had the pleasure of jamming a pretty epic 4 player game on the LE. Started strong and then got spanked by ALL 3 other players! LOL.

I was pleasantly surprised with the flow of the PRO version and believe it or not was actually worried that the flow on the LE might not be as good with the mini playfield. Nothing to worry about in that department. There are several hidden diverters that keep the ball moving quickly and you're not "always" in the mini-pf like I thought you might be (a-la Wrestlemania). When you do hit the mini-pf it has several shots that take you back down to the main playfield so you don't spend too much time up there. All in all I thought it was a fun balanced game with a DEEP strategy / rule-set that will take players awhile to learn (hence the 5 page strategy guide PDF Stern released). Dwight did a great job with the ruleset!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

There are several hidden diverters that keep the ball moving quickly and you're not "always" in the mini-pf like I thought you might be (a-la Wrestlemania).

Are you saying that at times when you hit that ramp sometimes the ball goes to the mini-playfield and other time it bypasses it?

#37 8 years ago

Here's a crazy idea: if you're thinking of getting a Pro, there's no huge rush. They'll be making them for a while. Why not find a launch party near you or something and play it first?

The upper playfield is deceptive. It looks like you'll be up there a while with those big flippers, but the shots under the dragon feed back down. You really shouldn't base your opinion on photos.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

You can cradle balls on the lower playfield and still flip on the upper.

#39 8 years ago

Just curious, what games have upper playfields with flippers that don't always flip? Not enclosed lower, uppers. I can't think of any.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's a crazy idea: if you're thinking of getting a Pro, there's no huge rush. They'll be making them for a while. Why not find a launch party near you or something and play it first?
The upper playfield is deceptive. It looks like you'll be up there a while with those big flippers, but the shots under the dragon feed back down. You really shouldn't base your opinion on photos.

Because that would be CRAZY!!!

#41 8 years ago

I recommend waiting to play both like Aurich said. They are so different in execution that it just makes sense to formulate an opinion after playing. I suspect a lot more people have jumped on a PRO, so expect a lot more votes in that direction.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just curious, what games have upper playfields with flippers that don't always flip? Not enclosed lower, uppers. I can't think of any.

Shrek & Family Guy

#43 8 years ago

Over here the Le is almost 4k more expensive than the pro version, so it does seem a general consensus then on this thread that the pro is best bang for buck at the moment?

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Shrek & Family Guy

Those don't really count. The ball is a mini ball and the upper pf is a closed system. It's no different than a standard lower pf other than being raised. Most upper pf require the ball on the main pf to enter the upper pf at some point.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Banzai Run

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here is another thought - buy a pro now, and play it until the premium comes out - if you like that one more, sell the pro and buy the premium.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I asked in an other thread but didn't get an answer, has the LE/Prem two kickbacks? One under the dragon?
From Facebook:
Rob Ganshorn: "Does the ball hit the dragon on the upper playfield or does he just flap his wings?"
Stern Pinball: "The ball does not physically contact the dragon. There is a kickback mounted under it."
Rob Ganshorn: "on the le?"
Stern Pinball: "On the LE/Premium"

It's just one kickback in the same location of the Pro, it IS under the dragon (as in under the upper pf where the dragon is) it is NOT ON the upper pf.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Here is another thought - buy a pro now, and play it until the premium comes out - if you like that one more, sell the pro and buy the premium.

I guess if you really can't wait, sure. I can be patient. Buying early means you're often a beta tester, though I'm hopeful that the code on this game seems more solid at launch than usual, and I have faith in Dwight.

Buying new, selling, and then buying again just means you're losing money on the sale, you're paying for shipping twice, and possibly sales tax twice. Just rather wait a bit. But hey, your money, go for it!

I'm really looking forward to the reports when people have the games at home and can really explore it, so other people buying early works for me.

#49 8 years ago

Whichever one you pick you'll enjoy

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Are you saying that at times when you hit that ramp sometimes the ball goes to the mini-playfield and other time it bypasses it?

Now that you mention it, I guess the right ramp does always feed the mini-pf but it's so smooth and fast that if you don't flip, it returns to the flippers pretty quickly. There were times I didn't even know I was in the mini-pf it was so quick.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-pro-or-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.