• Game of Thrones 20 votes
    21%
  • Ghostbusters Pro 18 votes
    19%
  • Transformers LE Combo 10 votes
    11%

(94 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 7 years ago

Ok I'm really at a crossroads today I can choose from 4 games. I've played all the games.

LOTR - HUO with pretty much every mod under the sun / mint condition - roughly $5200

TFLE Combo - 350 plays (I used to own a TF Pro and regretted selling it) - roughly $4200

GOT Pro - NIB purchase. I absolutely hate the backglass artwork, it looks like shit, the side cabs are passable, the playfield actually looks better in person, played it yesterday and was fast and furious. Anyway to get a LE backglass to swap it out? My type of gameplay. Wondering if it get's repetitive?

GB Pro - I played it yesterday and felt a bit let down. Mind you the volume was practically at 0 and the Slimer was only registering 2 of about 10 shots.

I currently own ST Pro, TWD Pro anyone care to chime in with opinions.

#2 7 years ago

I voted for LOTR. But I would not go for it if it had "every mod under the sun".

#3 7 years ago

I have a GB pro and LOTR here, LOTR has just about every mod under the sun also. LOTR never gets played, boring and old feeling to me. GB is so much more fun for me, my slimer works and i crank up the volume and have a 12" 250w sub hooked up to it. With that said im looking to buy a GOT next but cant decide between a Pro or Premium. TFLE combo ive played a few times at buddies house and i hated it everytime i played it to the point id just not play it when i go over to his game room, but since getting better at pinball im sorta looking forward to playing it now.

#4 7 years ago

Well maybe not every mod but these mods

LOTR includes
- All plastics are mint + spare plastic set
- plastic protectors
- cliffys
- Key Fob
- Custom cards
- extra layer plastics that allow the hobbits to be attached properly.
- all the figures and a few extra figures.
- Path of the Dead Mod fully functional and LEDS
- LED'd with GHOST FREE
- Palantir Mod
- LED One ring shooter mod.
- Fully rebuilt flippers, from the ground up
- Shire plastics and Decals
- target decals
- Pin Gulb
- Leg protectors

#5 7 years ago

Well I have an LOTRLe and it's awesome. And if those are Canadian prices those are very good. I've played Game of Thrones at Lucky's Pinball Lounge in Edmonton and Pub340 in Vancouver and the game seemed decent but for me I don't think I would own one and that's a disappointment because I love the show. The game did play amazingly fast and although I would like to play more the initial playing there was almost 0 wow factor. TFLE I can't put an opinion on as I haven't played it much at all. Ghostbusters Pro for me anyway is something new and different that hasn't come up much lately in pinball. I like that it's a harder game. It's one you can have a four player game on and not fall asleep in between turns waiting.... Also it has an amazing light show and for me sound is huge and the sound is amazing on this game! I still haven't played the premium/ Le but I'm excited to but I also think for a pro this one is a really good buy these days. Hope that helps, all up to what you think is best in the end.

#6 7 years ago

Frankly they're all solid games. I personally side with LOTR -- and I know that I own it -- because it's insanely deep and complex, offering a lot of replay value. Lots of modes and little subtle touches make it stand out. Additionally it's more fully-featured and less stripped-down that many Stern Pros currently (although GB is a nice change of pace).

Excellent theme integration and the artwork is really nice... assuming that the playfield has good color registration. I think it offers the most for your wallet because of Keith Johnson's penchant for deep rules, the many toys and good flow in the sequence of shots that you can make.

But in the end, it's really all up to you. Whatever you end up choosing, as long as you're happy and satisfied, that's all that matters to me in the end.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

And if those are Canadian prices those are very good

That's wishful thinking on your part.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's wishful thinking on your part.

Your right that would be wishful thinking on my part. But I've been surprised time and time again by some of my friends and the deals they find. You just never know... But yes very rare.

#9 7 years ago

In order of preference for me: GOT > LOTR > TFLE > GB

#10 7 years ago

LOTR
Tfle
Gb
Got

#11 7 years ago

LOTR for the win!

I currently own ST Pro, TWD Pro

It fits in perfectly with your lineup. You have flowy (ST), you have brutal (TWD), and LOTR rounds that out with a quest.

LOTR has a great ruleset, and is a complete adventure. It is a very well rounded game.

GOT Pro is also a good game, but it has so much flow that it would conflict with ST. Personally I like it better than ST because it guides you through progression of the game better.

TFLE - If you liked and miss the Pro, you would probably be happier with the Pro. The LE doesn't have the same punch. It is a good game, but the Pro was much better in my opinion.

GB Pro - I'm not a fan. I still consider it to be a miss because of the formula they used. The play and the ruleset just don't match. So it ends up feeling like it only has a couple of modes that you play over and over. They can't randomize the modes because of the points value being so different in the upper modes. And the drains just feel cheap (off the target into the inlane, and hopping over the lane guide into the outlane).

#12 7 years ago

Ok I'm really at a crossroads today I can choose from 4 games. I've played all the games.
LOTR - HUO with pretty much every mod under the sun / mint condition - roughly $5200
TFLE Combo - 350 plays (I used to own a TF Pro and regretted selling it) - roughly $4200
GOT Pro - NIB purchase. I absolutely hate the backglass artwork, it looks like shit, the side cabs are passable, the playfield actually looks better in person, played it yesterday and was fast and furious. Anyway to get a LE backglass to swap it out? My type of gameplay. Wondering if it get's repetitive?
GB Pro - I played it yesterday and felt a bit let down. Mind you the volume was practically at 0 and the Slimer was only registering 2 of about 10 shots.
I currently own ST Pro, TWD Pro anyone care to chime in with opinions.

If you regret TF pro, I would stay clear of TFLE. The ironhide pf is garbage, the starscream toy isn't that great (but could have been with better rules implementation).

GOT PRO is the most fun of the bunch. What it lacks in poor artwork and lack of theme integrated sound package it makes up in fun, speed, and flow. but I honestly don't think it compliments ST PRO that well.

I'd wait out GB to find out if the premium is the better of the two versions.

That leaves LOTR. If you don't have a lot of time spent on it and like the theme and enjoy quest like pinball, then this is your pin. I'll never own one or even have the desire to play one again because I've done all there is to see many times (valinor only once). So it's very long ball times and quite boring to me now (6 years later). But that doesn't mean it's not one of the best, it is. Just be prepared for slower play than ST and TWD as well as longer ball times. If that's not your thing, then pass.

#13 7 years ago

I'm not completely sold on GB but it is a fun game. Just feels like you are batting the ball around a lot without too much happening and not balanced. I don't see the big draw of LOTR. Not really a fan of theme I guess which may explain why I don't like GOT either. GB just seems more fun even in appearance alone.

#14 7 years ago

The only easy call there is to eliminate TFLE.

LOTR is very different from what you already have, and it's a great experience. It's hard to go wrong with a LOTR.

GB is going to be similar to your TWD in feel. Lots of need for accurate shooting and careful picking your way through modes. Code is still a work in progress here, so it might be noticeably different down the line.

GoT is a solid pick, and it's closer to your ST than anything else listed. If you like the speed and pace of ST, GoT will give you more of that, and the code is still evolving. Right now the code is pretty cool, and balancing should make it even better.

It's a tough call between those games, and it really comes down to if you want stuff similar to what you have or something totally different. If different is what you want, LOTR is the easy pick. If you want something similar to what you like, it depends on if you want more of a TWD or ST experience.

#15 7 years ago

Whatever the poll if lotr is in it lotr always wins.

#16 7 years ago

I'd personally take GOT over LOTR unless they took all that shit off and reduced the price. Are you paying this person for pingulps? WTF

#17 7 years ago

yea

Quoted from TheLaw:I'd personally take GOT over LOTR unless they took all that shit off and reduced the price. Are you paying this person for pingulps? WTF

What would you take off?
Figurines to me don't really mean anything

#18 7 years ago

I'd go with either lotr or tf. Both are good games and both at the price you listed are good deals. You won't lose value in either of those. Wait and see on GB and get a HUO down the road if you still like it.

#19 7 years ago

What would you take off?
Figurines to me don't really mean anything

I'd take every single thing off that lowers the price honestly. Leg protectors just screw the cabinet up in a bigger area, extra figures, plastic protectors...etc...all that shit is pretty pointless.

#20 7 years ago

I would vote for TF LE with LOTR a close second. Owned both, LOTR is gone now (had it for 7.5 yrs). Long slower games on it lead me to finally sell it. Since my GB is still no where to be found, I can't give my vote for a nonexistent game

#21 7 years ago

I thought that was a pretty reasonable price, actually. I'm selling mine for a hell of a lot more, but it's got a hell of a lot more.

Flashinstinct doesn't realize the machine he's looking at has only about half the mods under the sun...and those aren't even the coolest ones.

Hey, TheLaw...are you one of those people that don't think mods add value? I am...and I'm happy to pay for them since it saves me the PITA of installing them all. If you want them, they add value. If you don't, then it's not the machine for you.

And now to your question. I agree that TFLE should be out of the equation. I have a GOT LE and am selling LOTR, so that should tell you something. But GB pro is a shitload of fun as well. You can't go wrong with any of those three.

#22 7 years ago

Hey, OP...just saw in the other thread you have a GB pro on order. What gives with this thread? You need reassurance that it's a good game? It is...had a great time with it last weekend. I just can't stand looking at it.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have a GOT LE and am selling LOTR, so that should tell you something.

It would tell us more if we knew how long you had that LOTR.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, TheLaw...are you one of those people that don't think mods add value? I am...and I'm happy to pay for them since it saves me the PITA of installing them all. If you want them, they add value. If you don't, then it's not the machine for you.

I'm one of the people that thinks most mods are stupid for the most part. Some in there like Cliffys of course are great, but mostly it's just dumb stuff. Boob, if you don't mind paying someone else to do the dirty work that's too hard for you, like installing pingulps, more power to you

I also don't think half the thing on the "mods list" are mods. Having no plastics broken is not a mod ffs

#25 7 years ago

LOTR is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I also like TFLE, it's a fun game, but....you tend to go through games quite a bit and LOTR sells fast, so you can play it and if it's not for you, no biggie. TFLE is a tough sell -- at least locally.

Personally I'm not a fan of GoT. I just didn't enjoy it when I played it. For GB, it looks good, but I couldn't stand the code headache. Will the code be updated? Will I like it when it's finally done? No thanks, I'd rather buy a HUO game with complete code and save the extra money.

I'm busy til Sunday with Bluesfest, but you are welcome to drop by next week if you want some more time on LOTR.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It would tell us more if we knew how long you had that LOTR.

2 years. Good point!

Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm one of the people that thinks most mods are stupid for the most part. Some in there like Cliffys of course are great, but mostly it's just dumb stuff. Boob, if you don't mind paying someone else to do the dirty work that's too hard for you, like installing pingulps, more power to you
I also don't think half the thing on the "mods list" are mods. Having no plastics broken is not a mod ffs

All of my machines have color DMDs, Flipper Fidelity speakers, and PDI glass. Those are the 3 I do as a no brainer. That's about $850 in mods right there. If you think that doesn't add value to a machine, well...with all due respect that just doesn't make a lot of sense. With my LOTR, I'm doing a la carte mod removal that will allow people to get the cost down about $800 from the starting price. But I'm not taking out the speakers, DMD, shaker, POTD mod, or anything else that requires a ton of disassembly and wire removal. That just makes no sense. So if there's anybody not interested in those mods, they should just move along to a different machine.

And it's not paying someone to do the dirty work. I don't add money for the labor it took to install the stuff...just the money I think I could get if I ripped it out and sold it separately. You can have it installed in your game for the same price I can sell it separately - I think that's fair.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

LOTR for the win!

It fits in perfectly with your lineup. You have flowy (ST), you have brutal (TWD), and LOTR rounds that out with a quest.

YES well said - totally agree with these thoughts.

Too much flow makes it boring. I sent out a LOTR for a mint MB but if I had it to do over again I wouldn't. LOTR is a long term keeper and the destroy the ring mode is heart pounding excitement. So what if Valinor is too far away to ever reach it gives you something to shoot for. It is a quest. LOTR is a longer playing game that will help you improve skills and it is fun to learn the deep rule set.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

All of my machines have color DMDs, Flipper Fidelity speakers, and PDI glass. Those are the 3 I do as a no brainer. That's about $850 in mods right there. If you think that doesn't add value to a machine, well...with all due respect that just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Stop "straw manning" me bro.

#29 7 years ago

I just bought both LOTR and TFLE within the past month and enjoy them both a lot. The journey and stop and go of LOTR balances out some of my more difficult pins - Acdc and IM. So many great shots on LOTR. It is an amazing game.

TFLE is just fun for me and not near as intense as - IM and Acdc. I enjoy the shots and call outs and I am not even a TF fan. It is an exciting game for me without crazy intensity. Love LOTR and TF both for different reasons.

GOT Pro is a really good pin. It is soooo fast and intense! Lighting is blinding on the pin! If you want more of that to add to your similar TWD go with GOT!

GB Pro is tougher than GB LE to me. It should be one of Sterns great ones, but why not wait and see since it since it is so new. Maybe later on buy one from a guy who bought it for his family and they hate it because it is to tough for them. Stern will sell a lot of these.

Funny I owned WCS and ST pro , which you own, for around a year and for around half each. I enjoyed them a lot but sold them and don't miss them at all.

#30 7 years ago

LOTR will most likely never leave my collection. I have been spitting distance from Valinor a couple of times and it always keeps me coming back. I don't play it everyday but when I do I realize why it is one of my favorite games. It plays so differently than all of my other games.

I had a GOT and traded only because I wanted a previous game back. I would gladly own it again if the right deal comes along. I definitely prefer the Pro to the LE. The Pro has more satisfying shots. Got has some of the most fun rules/strategies out there.

Both of those games rock. I didn't love GB when I played it but it could grow on me.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stop "straw manning" me bro.

What's that all aboot?

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What's that all aboot?

You're acting like I said adding the specific things you mentioned shouldn't add value, which I never did.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're acting like I said adding the specific things you mentioned shouldn't add value, which I never did.

Fair enough. My apologies. And I've never installed a pingulp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-pro-gb-pro-ltor-or-tfle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.