Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

No brainer for me, I chose a HUO GOTLE just a few days ago. As the thread says, GOT kicks ass! I have several friends who are buying GB and I look forward to playing it a few times a month. But I think GOT has more staying power as a theme, and everything about it - rules, layout, music and light show - are great.

The window may be closing on being able to find a GOTLE for a reasonable price. Buy it and enjoy it for a year, and if you decide you really like GB Premium you won't have any trouble finding a buyer for your GOTLE. Plus, the code is mature now, just needs a little polish and it will be an all-time great.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OP - This is why you can't ask these questions. You will get people posting answers but not being subjective at all. It's very easy to spot it at least when someone is not being real subjective.

I think you mean objective, and I agree. Everyone has an agenda; trust no one, especially me!

Objective: Code is mature for GOT now, while you may have to wait a while for GB. HUO GOT Prem/LE are available now, so you can avoid the NIB hit. Both are SPIKE and offer all the benefits of that system (better audio, easier maintenance).

Subjective: GB 3D buildings are much nicer than GOT 2D castle (I hope Mezelmods can fix this soon). Trudeau layout is a "rule-breaker" and is a nice change of pace from typical fan layouts. GOT theme will feel more relevant in 5 years time than GB. GB artwork is way too colorful for me.

#17 7 years ago

I'll just throw this out there to add one more choice. I was about to pull the trigger on a GOT Premium, but a GOTLE with blades came up for $800 more. I would have added the Stark armor and Premium blades, reducing the price difference to about $500. So then I had to ask myself: "Is the LE artwork $500 better?", and I decided it was. Opinions are divided on the Premium art (with a lot of folks saying it's too blue). Almost nobody dislikes the LE artwork, so it should be easier to sell.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Neither seems worth the money.

What do you think they're worth?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Are there any NIB GOTLEs still available? I would prefer to buy NIB. Thanks!

Automated or GAP would be most likely to still have them in stock; check with them first. But I think you can trust the guys selling their HUO GOTLE's on Pinside now (if they'd post some pics).

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Can't wait to get one of these HUO in 2yrs from now.

You do have to wait But maybe not 2 years. I'm saving about $700 buying HUO on my GOTLE, only 4 months old.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

True - but I love that NIB experience! What's the going discounted price for a GOTLE NIB?

PM sent

#38 7 years ago

And never pay more than $500 for an EM.

Just messing with you O-din...

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Be prepared to pay close to $8K.

Yep. I was lucky enough to find a HUO one about a 700 mile round-trip from me. I'll save about a dollar a mile.

#43 7 years ago

I'm glad I'm finally getting an LE, so I can get off my high horse about how they cost too much. Believe me, I was right there with O-din until I played my friend's GOTLE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premiumle-or-gb-premium?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.