“Which would you choose?”

• GoT Premium 27 votes
    46%
  • WoZ Standard 29 votes
    49%
  • Other 3 votes
    5%

(59 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

We got to play a LOT of machines this past Friday. GoT Premium was not one of them. I've played a Pro, but I realize the Premium plays different. That's why I'm making this thread.

I realize price difference is one element to consider. I'm obviously taking price into considering to some extent, but I'm trying to look at it more from an overall package.

She really enjoyed WoZ (the gentleman owns an ECLE, but the game plays the same). She really liked the light show, the verticality, and the slower paced gameplay. She also loved the upper playfields and crossing wireforms. These were all her words, not mine. I tend to agree with her - the game has a lot of vertical elements to it, and the game does tend to be more of a stop and shoot game. The light show is also second to none, and she really got a kick out of it. My review of the game would be similar to hers, but I'd add in the fact that rules are fantastically deep for the home. The game doesn't flow nearly as well as a bunch of other games, but it still shoots amazingly well.

GoT Premium has the upper playfield. I've seen reviews that it slows the game down. Bonus! My wife enjoys that aspect of pinball. The rules on this game are also really great and offer a lot of strategic playing choices. I love that you can play as various houses and take different approaches to influence your scoring opportunities. I also LOVE the artwork on this game. WoZ LOOKS gorgeous, but the theme is sort of blah (but it's timeless and family friendly). GoT Pro flows like butter, but it's a tougher game. I tend to think ball times on GoT are shorter than WoZ. Of course, WoZ can be a bitch sometimes and drain like mad (just like any game really).

My wife did not like TRON because it was far too difficult. She played it once or twice and said she had no desire to play it again (which is why I sold it). She enjoyed X-Men LE (if I could get a Magneto again, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat, but I can't find one near me in Indy), and that game was definitely very different in terms of flow. Tons of combo shots, but I found it plays just as well as a stop and shoot. In general, my wife likes games with longer ball times. Rules aren't super important to her (I like a deeper game and don't care one way or another on ball times).

I'd love to get some thoughts on these games with the caveats above.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I would go with Woz, it's one of a kind. Especially if you played it and like it. Would you consider the SMVE?

She played SM and thought it was fun, but she wasn't blown away by it. It's hard to assess games from a non-pinhead perspective. She enjoyed WoZ, WH20 (loved the upper playfield area), RFM (the video screen stuff), NBAFB (she grew up watching a LOT of Bulls), SG (so many toys and wire forms), and TZ (busy busy game with lots going on). Lots of variation in there.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

As a former WOZ owner and a current GOT Premium owner, I grew very tired of WOZ. However, don't underestimate the speed of GOT. You don't spend that much time in the upper playfield. It's a fast game. If the price difference isn't an issue and you're wife liked the game play of WOZ, I would go in that direction. I'm sure Joe @ PinballSTAR would give you a good deal on one.

The question I have about this is how difficult the game is for a casual player. The reason I sold TRON was because my wife hated how unforgiving the game is. If GOT is equally as unforgiving (even with out lanes closed), it's not the best choice for her.

#21 8 years ago

All great discussion. Thank you guys for this!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-vs-woz-standard?tu=nicoga3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.