“Which would you choose?”

• GoT Premium 27 votes
    46%
  • WoZ Standard 29 votes
    49%
  • Other 3 votes
    5%

(59 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

I find WOZ to be similar in playing style to TZ, so if you're wife wasn't blown away by Spiderman and likes TZ, I would venture to say WOZ would be a good choice.

There is so much stuff in WOZ and it is really polished in terms of code, LCD and build. However, it's gameplay is not for everyone. There are many ways to approach the game. My machine is set-up somewhat steep and the exposed pop bumper and witch magnets rocket the ball around. It can be brutal at times.

For those that only like games where most shots return directly to the flippers allowing them to combo ramp and orbit shots, WOZ is not a good fit. WOZ is plenty fast but doesn't have that kind of flow.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Isn't this what pinball is all about? TZ, WOZ and Indy are all fun but for me its speed and adrenalin that usually win the vs game, I like both but if one style had to go? :thinking:Just saying.

That's not what pinball is all about for me. Don't get me wrong, I love games that have that kind of flow, but I also love games where I need to get control of the ball, figure out what shot I want to hit, then hit it.

I find my adrenalin is really pumping when I've got two multiballs stacked and I'm trying to get a crystal ball mode started while also trying to get both upper playfields going simultaneously on WOZ.

The OP didn't say if he had other games in his collection. That would make a difference. I think when it comes to toys and sheer amount of stuff in the game, WOZ wins hands down. If the OP has mostly loaded games with TZ style of play, maybe a good flow game would be a better choice. If that's the case, there may be better options than GOT, perhaps ST or AC/DC if it must be new or recent. Lot's of great older games if used is an option. STTNG and LOTR are two of my favorites.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-vs-woz-standard?tu=Jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.