IMG_2336_(resized).JPG
IMG_2335_(resized).JPG
IMG_2319_(resized).JPG
IMG_2326_(resized).JPG
IMG_2327_(resized).JPG
IMG_2321_(resized).JPG
IMG_2318_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fightnightfz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Creating this to keep track of what people have heard about the status of GoT premium. My distributor states they are in the dark and have no idea. Stern won't give me any info whatsoever and keep stating to have the distributor call sales (which they have with no information). Does anyone have information on how far out from the line this is and when expected shipping is? With a lot of other options on the horizon or can already be shipped, I'm debating on cancelling my preorder.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

They are just shipping LE's. Premiums are a month or two out. This has been the plan all along.

Jody was on Twitch last month stating early December and that was right after my distributor stated end of November. Either way, Stern needs to be much better at letting people know what's going on and quit pushing it things off onto others. The price range of these things calls for it. Getting "Have your distributor call sales" and "Stay tuned!" be the answers is unacceptable at $6K+. It's ok to run behind schedule, but keep us up to date!

#25 8 years ago

Yeah I'm close to pulling out. I just had to get the thing paid off before my wife changed her mind and spent the money lol. But I thought I would know a little more on when I could expect it to ship.

#32 8 years ago

Wish I knew, but other than the render and feature matrix, this version has went pretty dark. I wish Jared would comment on this.

#33 8 years ago

Anyone get a lowdown from their distributor in the last few days. Stern states there's an update, so something is there

#35 8 years ago

I asked on Facebook a few days ago, they said there was an update but the distributor had to call their sales rep to get it. My distributor waits to get the info and won't reach out, so I was hoping someone else got the lowdown from their distributor.

#40 8 years ago

I would have went LE but looking at the feature matrix I was fine with what the premium offered, but now with no info on shipping and I have no pins in my house at the moment, I may just get something else.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Didn't you have the same issue (getting information/shipping date) for your WWE LE machine last year?

Kinda, except that was more constant misinformation and communication from sales to distributor. This is just a complete lack of anything after Jody stated that we would get them end of Nov-mid Dec. If this was some item that was 100 bucks and Amazon didn't update their shipping tracker, I probably wouldn't care but this is a 6k+ machine. When having my car built at the manufacturer, I was given constant updates on where it stood, what delays happened, and when I could expect it. I don't know why they just can't be more open to their customers when it comes to information, it would go a long way in winning our support. And why do I have to contact my distributor to have them contact sales to get any info? It's just all wrong to me.

#49 8 years ago

Still, I'm not asking for an exact release date, just an idea. I don't care if it even keeps changing just give the info. Why did Jody say anything at all last month if they didn't have an idea? So, they are behind off what he stated. I know if Stern announced SMVE or ghostbusters the week of the 21st, I'm out on this pin.

#66 8 years ago

Willy and Luckydog, you're right. I've worked in two production environments that used multiple suppliers to procure parts and were build to order/minimum demand builds. Oftentimes there were waits in suppliers and delays. We had distributors. Either way, customers were always kept in the loop no matter how bad the news was. They always had an estimate on when to expect the order.

Someday, and I mean maybe a decade by now, Stern is only going to hurt themselves by not providing great customer service. Some company, JJP, Spooky, Dutch Pinball, etc....will find a way to break through, operate at a profit, meet deadlines, and provide excellent customer service, then Stern will struggle, and maybe adjust.

Just ask the taxi companies.....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/commentary/taxi-industry-losing-war-to-uber-because-of-customer-service-not-technology/article27656590/

#68 8 years ago

Well damn, that changes things. About time, that kind of news is refreshing from them and needs to become the norm.

#70 8 years ago

Exactly, not even mad about it, just glad I finally have a freakin idea what's going on

#74 8 years ago

I get that, makes total sense. Going with that line of thinking, my distributor needs to step up their communication game. I thought they were supposed to be the best, but the last two pins I've got from them have been great prices at the sacrifice of easy communication.

I was all excited we'd be getting tons of pics today, but then they went back to LE pics.

#77 8 years ago

I was going to reference the LE forum and stern pics of the LE to get an estimate

#78 8 years ago

Now that we have some real pics to go off of. Hit this thread up if you hear any updates from your distributor!!

#84 8 years ago

If ghostbusters gets announced before my premium is made, I'm canceling.

#108 8 years ago

Man, I saw this thread blow up and was like "Hell yeah, must be a big update", but come back to hearing someone would be disgusted by a Ghostbusters pin (is that even possible?). Like I said, if Stern announces it before my GoT premium is ready, peace be with the throne, I'm calling the Ghostbusters.

#114 8 years ago

Well I hope we get some more concrete news on ghostbusters before then, because I'll switch my order. Man I really wanted it by Christmas and I paid mine off way back in early October. What a bummer.

#121 8 years ago

Gex,

In your unbiased, pinball enthusiast opinion, is it worth holding onto my pin funds for another month?

#159 8 years ago

Now that the premiums are getting close to ship ready, if anyone gets word from their distributor that their's is ready, let us know. I haven't heard one peep out of mine for months.

#160 8 years ago

I'm out, I switched to a Ghostbusters LE today. Here's hoping it's great.

#163 8 years ago

Who says I haven't seen anything? Trust me, the switch was warranted.

#166 8 years ago

Look, I'm not going to break the trust of those that helped me make the decision. First off, thanks to them for helping me because it wasn't a decision easily made without facts.

I have now seen the facts needed to know that I'm excited for the switch and can't wait to be one of the few to have a GBLE. The theme has always been there for me and just needed a little more of a push to make the switch.

Everyone has their own tipping point and reasonings to do something, it's all opinion based.

GoT is great and the premium will make everyone happy. GB is just going to make me happier, the layout and toys are more my style and the theme I have a personal attachment to, so I'm in.

#168 8 years ago

I haven't asked, but I did talk to a distributor that is quite sure GB and SMVE are the next two titles, just no idea which will be released first.

#180 8 years ago

mnpinball is right

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fightnightfz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-update?tu=fightnightfz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.