IMG_2336_(resized).JPG
IMG_2335_(resized).JPG
IMG_2319_(resized).JPG
IMG_2326_(resized).JPG
IMG_2327_(resized).JPG
IMG_2321_(resized).JPG
IMG_2318_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GGG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 8 years ago

Finally had the chance yesterday to play an LE, put over 12 games on it and was not that impressed. Upper playfield is excellent, reminds me of a more advanced BK2K. Throne is cool, but the vuk had issues as others have stated. It was the lower playfield which was meh for me, the ball kept coming back at me abruptly from all the ramps, not good flow to me at all. Especially bothersome was the battering ram, would have been nicer to have 3 sequenced drop targets like MET.

Lighting was fine to me, not overwhelming like many have stated. Major problems for me were the DMD, which they might as well have put an etch-a-sketch in its place, just bad dots, most was just unreadable. The LE artwork was nice, but just not my idea of what GOT is all about. Thats why I was planning to order a premium for the Stark theme. The big fail IMO is the total GOT theme integration, it just was not there for me at all, artwork, music & dots. Anyone who is planning on getting a premium should definately play the LE first & decide for themselves. YMMV...I plan on trying to find a MET Roadcase instead.

My old STLE, IMO, was much more appealing to me than GOTLE even with the repetitive ramp shots.

#88 8 years ago

With STLE, you were immersed in the Star Trek franchise, with GOTLE, not so much at all. Even the best code is not going help GOT's gawd-awful dots. Theme is equally important to me as gameplay. Both ST & GOT are dream themes for me as I am a big fan of both franchises...but the license/theme integration on GOT is severly lacking IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GGG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-update?tu=GGG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.