Topic Stats

• 436 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 67 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2016-02-14_13.26.47_(resized).jpg
2016-02-14_13.26.22_(resized).jpg
2016-02-14_13.26.31_(resized).jpg
2016-02-14_13.26.04_(resized).jpg
IMG_2343_(resized).JPG
IMG_2343_(resized).JPG
IMG_2347_(resized).JPG
IMG_2334_(resized).JPG
IMG_2336_(resized).JPG
IMG_2335_(resized).JPG
IMG_2319_(resized).JPG
IMG_2326_(resized).JPG
IMG_2327_(resized).JPG
IMG_2321_(resized).JPG
IMG_2318_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think that was pugsotoys or whatever from Ebay, he did a few, all terrible.

They are on par with the standard pro and premium translite. They all suck.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Doesn't work well at all.

It works better for me. The quality is actually pretty good IMO. The color doesn't look that saturated in person.

IMG_2319_(resized).JPG

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Still not happy with translite, but it's better IMO and makes it feel more complete then just the frozen north. I like the siderails too, good quality and mounted easily.
IMG_2318_(resized).JPG
IMG_2321_(resized).JPG
IMG_2327_(resized).JPG
IMG_2326_(resized).JPG

Your new best friend:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-fan-art-wip

#405 4 years ago

I have that coming too and plan on switching. I ordered this translite before that was available.

#406 4 years ago

I thought I saw Toaster post somewhere he didn't like it......true?

edit-----TY

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I thought I saw Toaster post somewhere he didn't like it......true?
edit-----TY

I don't think so.

#408 4 years ago

I don't think that other fan art translite is an improvement, quite frankly. But a lot of people like it, so...

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Very nice Mortal Kombat!

Thanks! Did a full restoration on it!

#410 4 years ago

For those of you with a shaker motor. What are your thought? Is it worth it?

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

Completely.

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

Thank Pinball life for bringing the pricing on Stern's shaker motors down to earth if you get one. Before Terry started offering his, Sterns were like $175, now they're both in the $125 range because Stern matched Terry's prices. They seem to be essentially identical. I had a Stern one in Spiderman, and have a Pinball Life shaker motor in my Iron Man, and can't tell the difference in performance.

#413 4 years ago

I haven't gotten to my upper flippers (will wait till my orbit fix gets here), but I replaced the lower bats with stainless steel bats from PBL. I think the extra weight of the bat makes the shots a little more solid. Seems better on most shots (battering ram, right orbit). The factory bats are really light. Maybe it's in my head, but it just feels good.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't think that other fan art translite is an improvement, quite frankly. But a lot of people like it, so...

If you're talking about Scott's, you must not have seen it in person yet.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

This game has the coolest shaker effect in a game (imho). When you have house Targaryen, the dragons wings are flapping slowly and constantly with the shaker rumbling. Very cool effect.

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And compared to the one toasterdog installed it looks like the Sistine chapel. Haha.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Still not happy with translite, but it's better IMO and makes it feel more complete then just the frozen north. I like the siderails too, good quality and mounted easily

Looks cool. Would you mind taking a pic and posting it of the other side of the cabinet with the new side rails installed? Thx!

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't have to see a Jackson Pollock painting in person to know I'm not a fan. Art is highly subjective, and it's just a personal opinion. No offense intended.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

YES. It's very well done and the super jackpot makes the shaker go batsh*t crazy!

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Looks cool. Would you mind taking a pic and posting it of the other side of the cabinet with the new side rails installed? Thx!

This is as good as I can do.

IMG_2335_(resized).JPG

IMG_2336_(resized).JPG

#421 4 years ago

and this is for the haters. The little less frozen edition.

IMG_2334_(resized).JPG

#422 4 years ago

Did anyone do anything to speed up the wireform from the mini pf to left flipper. Mine seems somewhat lazy, even with a pretty decent incline. I thought about adding a washer or two to pitch it more. I know there were quite a few tweaks out there for various issues, not sure if this is one of them.

Has anyone else done this or even felt the need to?

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Has anyone else done this or even felt the need to?

This had not occurred to me, but might be a nice simple adjustment. At my 6.8 deg incline, the ball does not exactly rush to the in-lane. Could be fun to add some speed there.

#424 4 years ago

So it was easy enough to put a fat washer under the ramp where the ball drops from the mini pf. I also loosened where the ramp attaches to the sling. I slightly bent it to lower the wireform at the drop into the outlane.

The ball flows better, but there is a slight hesitation when it drops from mini pf to wireform. I'm not sure putting another washer would help (It would still be somewhat flat at the drop) I think the easiest thing to do would be to add a wedge of some sort, so when the ball drops it hits the wedge to start an accelerated roll.

#425 4 years ago

Okay, I think this might work. You decide for yourself. I ended up cutting a translucent super band. It wedged perfectly in the wireform and seems to work well. You decide. Video will be posted shortly. Different length or position could produce better results.

IMG_2347_(resized).JPG
IMG_2343_(resized).JPG
IMG_2343_(resized).JPG

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

This is as good as I can do.

IMG_2335_(resized).JPGIMG_2336_(resized).JPG

Thanks!

#427 4 years ago

I tried making some stickers for the Blue Castle and while they are off a little on the color and the size of the archways I think they came out looking pretty good. Also wanted to post some pictures with the Stern pinsides that I got from MezelMods.

2016-02-14_13.26.04_(resized).jpg

2016-02-14_13.26.31_(resized).jpg

2016-02-14_13.26.22_(resized).jpg

2016-02-14_13.26.47_(resized).jpg

#428 4 years ago

On the plus side my orbits work pretty well. Left orbit even makes it sometimes from a backhand. On the negative side my elevator sucks, really sucks. I even took it all apart and added the washers so that the screws don't protrude into the elevator shaft. It makes it on the first try to the mini-playfield about 50% of the time. But to the throne it is terrible. Makes it on the first try like maybe 10% of the time. Usually takes 3 to 5 tries to get up to the throne. I wish I knew what to do to fix it. I don't get very many bounce outs of the throne either. Just once in a while. Any suggestions?

While I'm spewing, the auto launch is WAY too powerful. It often rattles at the top before making it to the top lanes, sometimes even airballs around up there on the auto launch. I tried waxing and adjusting and it's better, but still aggravating. Any suggestions for that one?

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

On the plus side my orbits work pretty well. Left orbit even makes it sometimes from a backhand. On the negative side my elevator sucks, really sucks. I even took it all apart and added the washers so that the screws don't protrude into the elevator shaft. It makes it on the first try to the mini-playfield about 50% of the time. But to the throne it is terrible. Makes it on the first try like maybe 10% of the time. Usually takes 3 to 5 tries to get up to the throne. I wish I knew what to do to fix it. I don't get very many bounce outs of the throne either. Just once in a while. Any suggestions?
While I'm spewing, the auto launch is WAY too powerful. It often rattles at the top before making it to the top lanes, sometimes even airballs around up there on the auto launch. I tried waxing and adjusting and it's better, but still aggravating. Any suggestions for that one?

Responded to you on the other thread!

1 week later
#431 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Every modern stern that I know of uses that noise to signify a knocker. It can be turned down or off, but not changed. I think someone here figured out how to install physical knockers in modern sterns but not sure.

This is my first in-home use Stern and that knocker is god awful. I never really paid much attention to it in an arcade, but man, not sure how this got approved by anyone. First chance I come across some mod to do a real knocker, I'll add it. Otherwise, I think I'll turn it off.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

This is my first in-home use Stern and that knocker is god awful. I never really paid much attention to it in an arcade, but man, not sure how this got approved by anyone. First chance I come across some mod to do a real knocker, I'll add it. Otherwise, I think I'll turn it off.

Me too!

#433 4 years ago

Me three haha. Even on low setting its still obnoxious.

#434 4 years ago

Speaking of OBNOXIOUS, sometimes I hear that screech unexpectedly during BWM or Lannister - Not sure what it's trying to tell me.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Got my Premium today, but it's close to unplayable. VUK is unable to get ball onto mini pf. It finally kicks it out the top and into the throne. Pretty annoying. Hoping Stern can walk me through a fix for this cause it looks kick ass.

You ever get this resolved? What's weird is that it will work for me most of the time, but occasionally it can't seem to get it there at all. It either works on the first try, or takes many tries. And, when it does make it, the velocity seems high (not surprising if it's adjusting power) but it seems to bounce out of the throne a lot more.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

And, when it does make it, the velocity seems high (not surprising if it's adjusting power) but it seems to bounce out of the throne a lot more.

Adjusting the guide that leads the ball to the throne, and loosening the throne and adjusting it a little moved the one I worked on from staying in the throne like 40% of the time to 100% of the time after a number of adjustments to both the throne and the ball guide.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Marcos, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 25.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Juneau, WI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside