Topic Stats

• 436 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 67 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2016-02-14_13.26.47_(resized).jpg
2016-02-14_13.26.22_(resized).jpg
2016-02-14_13.26.31_(resized).jpg
2016-02-14_13.26.04_(resized).jpg
IMG_2343_(resized).JPG
IMG_2343_(resized).JPG
IMG_2347_(resized).JPG
IMG_2334_(resized).JPG
IMG_2336_(resized).JPG
IMG_2335_(resized).JPG
IMG_2319_(resized).JPG
IMG_2326_(resized).JPG
IMG_2327_(resized).JPG
IMG_2321_(resized).JPG
IMG_2318_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Momoa was on 10 episodes-ish out of 50. He's not a big part of the show, I wish he was.
Missandei isn't a big character in the show....just hangs around in the background.
That's what I'm talking aboot, if that's not good enough for you we can just agree to disagree and move on.

Point taken. But keep in mind that the LE is a Targaryen-themed design. There really aren't many Targaryens left because they're all dead. So, it's Daenerys, her dragons, and the people who protect and help her. Not sure who else you can put on there...

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Momoa was on 10 episodes-ish out of 50. He's not a big part of the show, I wish he was.
Missandei isn't a big character in the show....just hangs around in the background.
That's what I'm talking aboot, if that's not good enough for you we can just agree to disagree and move on.

My problem with all the art packages is that it's just torsos/heads staring blankly. They're all guilty of that. Unfortunately the Pro/Premium are terrible Photoshop jobs with awkward compositions. At the very least, the LE has some artistry behind it, despite the importance of the characters.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Point taken. But keep in mind that the LE is a Targaryen-themed design. There really aren't many Targaryens left because they're all dead. So, it's Daenerys, her dragons, and the people who protect and help her. Not sure who else you can put on there...

Jorah Mormont; that's pretty easy & a fan favorite I would assume. No one is sitting around routing for the other chica I mentioned...it took me 15 minutes to even look up what her name was.

Quoted from Rarehero:

At the very least, the LE has some artistry behind it, despite the importance of the characters.

I get you there. It's kind of a lipstick on a pig situation. I try not to look at any of the BGs if I don't have to.

#254 4 years ago

**SPOILERS BELOW! DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT CAUGHT UP IN THE SHOW**

Bunch of casuals....

Left to right on premium translite: Jon Snow, Samwell Tarly, Nights King (leader of the White Walkers), the Lord Of Bones Rattleshirt (a Wildling leader), Tormund Giantsbane (a Wildling raider).

Left to right on LE translite: Khal Drogo, Khaleesi (Daenerys Targaryen), Missandei.

Why I feel the premium is a better choice: Khal Drogo is dead by the end of the first season. He doesn't belong on any translite. Missandei acts as a sort of "hand" and advisor to Khaleesi, but she doesn't have any impact on any of the story. For that reason, I don't think she should be on the translite either. If it was a translite of Khaleesi walking through flames by herself, I would say, yeah, 100% it's better. On the premium, Rattleshirt shouldn't be on there, but he looks cooler than Mance Rayder, so I can understand why he is there. Samwell Tarly is a big (heh) character, long running on the show, but I could think of someone better to put in his place (such as Ygritte, as she is probably more pivotal in affecting Jon Snow's decisions than Samwell is). The fact of the matter is that the LE is "fire", and the premium is "ice". Winter is coming (in the form of the white walkers breaching the wall) and if Daenerys marches over Westeros with an army and her dragons, she'll conquer everything (just as the Targaryen's did centuries back). If you're going to pick characters that represent those themes, at least pick ones that are pivotal. The Premium, in my opinion, contains more of that.

#255 4 years ago

time exhume the horse and beat it once again
beating_a_dead_horse_(resized).png

like every, single licensed game that has come out and will come out, unless something drastically changes, you really can't fault the companies like stern, DP, JJP, etc... their hands are pretty much tied as to what content can be used and how it's used

unless you get execs that are avid pinball fans [and have the pull], we're going to wind up with cookie cutter back box and cabinet artwork 99.9% of the time

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jorah Mormont; that's pretty easy & a fan favorite I would assume.

He's on the side of the backbox of the LE, but I agree, he should be on the front.

#257 4 years ago

I got my confirmation email. I'll be getting my game in the morning. Unfortunately a co-worker had a family medical emergency come up (his brother in law had emergency heart surgery today), so I'll have to work a part day to cover his calls.

I plan to start an unboxing thread once I get home with the machine.

#258 4 years ago

My distributor(Trent) said domestic games could be shipping as early as next week! I am now fully paid up.

#260 4 years ago

I should be getting mine next week! Yeah baby!

#262 4 years ago

I hope I can pick mine up next week sometime before I head out to Florida

#263 4 years ago

Shipped 5 From Denver Today. 1 or two more leaving Monday.

JJ

#264 4 years ago

OH is currently in a drought for new in box pins - Stern - please ship more we are waiting with $$ in hand...

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

OH is currently in a drought for new in box pins - Stern - please ship more we are waiting with $$ in hand...

Jesus are we going to get ours before the Super Bowl or what?

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus are we going to get ours before the Super Bowl or what?

That would stink if we didn't. Haha. I'm hoping I hear soon if we can go by and get them this weekend. I think stern usually gives Trent an update on Tuesdays if anything is going to ship that week. Not sure though.

#267 4 years ago

Arrival very soon

#268 4 years ago

There has got to be a market for an alternate translite for the pro and premium. They look bad and Stern should feel bad. They didn't look that bad in pictures, but in person they look silly to me.

Having seen the LE in person, at least it doesn't look janky. I am no fan of plastering actors on a machine and calling it a day, but at least it is well put together and doesn't look like the characters were cut and pasted on.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Bizzenya:

There has got to be a market for an alternate translite for the pro and premium.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-fan-art-wip/page/2

#270 4 years ago
#271 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This badboy is going on my gameimage_(resized).jpeg

Did you get the ok to post that image? Wasn't sure if he wanted it out there, he never posted it in his thread.....or did he?

Edit-----I have one ordered too, gonna look sweet!

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did you get the ok to post that image? Wasn't sure if he wanted it out there, he never posted it in his thread.....or did he?

Someone posted it in a game already over there but I'll take it down just in case

#273 4 years ago

Hey LuckyDogg, the premium did come with the pegs for under the pf correct? Ordering the slide rails 2moro if so......

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hey LuckyDogg, the premium did come with the pegs for under the pf correct? Ordering the slide rails 2moro if so......

How do I order those?

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do I order those?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

Edit----I did just send Terry an email to confirm those are compatible with GOT premium, not sure if Stern changed anything up.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956
Edit----I did just send Terry an email to confirm those are compatible with GOT premium, not sure if Stern changed anything up.

You don't have to buy them, the feature matrix said they are included on the Premium and there's a pic in this thread with them on:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unboxing-game-of-thrones-premium

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

You don't have to buy them, the feature matrix said they are included on the Premium and there's a pic in this thread with them on:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unboxing-game-of-thrones-premium

Awesome!

#278 4 years ago

All hell will break loose if they start putting pegs on the premium models!

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

All hell will break loose if they start putting pegs on the premium models!

Ghostbusters LE will probably have them

#280 4 years ago

I am hearing of premiums dropping . anyone get one yet ??

#281 4 years ago

I think at least a couple have arrived - see Got, Premium Unboxing thread.

My distr was supposed to get his shipment today. Delayed until early next week. We'll see...

#283 4 years ago

Got mine from Colorado GEX on Tuesday!
Here is my BYO Funko Pop Topper

2016-01-28_22.28.00_(resized).jpg

2016-01-28_22.27.31_(resized).jpg

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Hell yeah! That looks awesome. The purple lighting looks terrific

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Here is my BYO Funko Pop Topper

2016-01-28_22.28.00_(resized).jpg2016-01-28_22.27.31_(resized).jpg

Love the topper!

#286 4 years ago

am I the only one who does not like pops

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

I like games with & without them...all game dependent.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

Pops are great in this game with all the mini endless awards.

#289 4 years ago

Congrats to all the new premium owners. Would one of you mind taking a look down your elevator shaft and see if you have the two sets of screws protruding into the elevator (the top and bottom sets)? Just curious if Stern changed the design of the elevator. And if they didn't, you'll want to fix the top set that so your balls are not destroyed after less than 100 plays:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-house-lannister#post-2900511

Also, don't forget to check your backbox decals. With a sham in your hand firmly press against them smoothing them out (starting at the center) and listen for noise as air escapes. Looks can be deceiving, and you don't want the decals peeling off weeks or months from now. If I did not do this on my LE, one side would have.

#291 4 years ago

Got (not an abbreviation ) a couple of questions I hope someone knows the answers to:
First is on the pop up target at the base of the right ramp. When does this thing come up? I have played ~ 20 games and it hasn't been up yet. I went through the diagnostics and the solenoid works fine so I am assuming this is either only active in certain modes or something else needs to be looked at. Can anyone shine some light on this?

Second is what is the purpose for the plastic post on top of the wildfire targets? Is it just to keep balls from getting stuck up there?
Here is a picture of the post I am inquiring about.

2016-01-31_08.51.23_(resized).jpg

#292 4 years ago

The target pops up when you complete each stage on the upper playfield. It lights the next stage and you have to get through the gate to get the ball up the ramp again.

That post is probably to keep balls from getting stuck - you're right about that, as far as I can tell.

#293 4 years ago

Thanks for the info. I checked and the pop up is coming up after completing the dragon.

#294 4 years ago

So which looks best? LE or prem?

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So which looks best? LE or prem?

Definitely the LE.

#296 4 years ago

I chose the premium for the blue playfield and I like it. I do like the LE cabinet and armor though. But, I stare at the playfield more.

#297 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#298 4 years ago

Winter is coming Wednesday for me!

#299 4 years ago

I also prefer the blue playfield. But prefer the LE cabinet art. As noted above, side art is much less visible with the machine tucked into a row.

I'll likely be swapping out the translite for Scott's artwork, should be arriving here soon.

I may add:

1. Blades
2. Side Armor (to protect button areas)
3. Mezel's Textured Castle Panels, the minute they are available

#300 4 years ago

Winter arrived and is waiting to go home after work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 11.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redding, CA
There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside