IMG_2336_(resized).JPG
IMG_2335_(resized).JPG
IMG_2319_(resized).JPG
IMG_2326_(resized).JPG
IMG_2327_(resized).JPG
IMG_2321_(resized).JPG
IMG_2318_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

How do u know it's USA and not Canada ?

"
(usually)"
Canada is an exception... example TRON LE

#152 8 years ago

Blue, blue, blue. Wow!!

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Gex,
In your unbiased, pinball enthusiast opinion, is it worth holding onto my pin funds for another month?

I think Its going to Take Stern until Mid to Late Jan to Catch up on orders if not a bit longer. Don't know what that will mean for future games that have yet to be announced. They haven't told us about an impending announcement

#154 8 years ago

JJ thanks for the update.

It's killing me but I'm on the sidelines waiting to get in the game or get a game. If it's Got's I would be leaning heavily to the premium.

However I wouldn't rule out next announcement hoping for a VE option, also would consider TH.

Pins funds replenish in 2016.

Cheers.

#155 8 years ago

Thanks for the info. At least we are getting a little insight into where our games are.

#156 8 years ago

I'm glad we get another code update before the premium game ship. It looks like they've fixed a lot on issues and added another multiball

#157 8 years ago

Apron looks metal on this one stern posted today.

12377923_10153792214129244_3791969684945595934_o_(resized).jpg12377923_10153792214129244_3791969684945595934_o_(resized).jpg

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Apron looks metal on this one stern posted today.

12377923_10153792214129244_3791969684945595934_o_(resized).jpg

Premium and LE get the same playfield treatment. That's the way it has always been.
Only cabinet, backglass/translite and exterior trim get different options.

#159 8 years ago

Now that the premiums are getting close to ship ready, if anyone gets word from their distributor that their's is ready, let us know. I haven't heard one peep out of mine for months.

#160 8 years ago

I'm out, I switched to a Ghostbusters LE today. Here's hoping it's great.

#161 8 years ago

I'm out, I switched to a Ghostbusters LE today. Here's hoping it's great.

The merry go round of buying before even seeing a single thing goes round and round. Silly.

#162 8 years ago

I wonder if stern are making games this week, or if their on a winter shutdown because of Christmas? I'm still hoping for a miracle to happen. I'm having a New Years party and would love to have a game by then.

#163 8 years ago

Who says I haven't seen anything? Trust me, the switch was warranted.

#164 8 years ago

Who says I haven't seen anything? Trust me, the switch was warranted.

Please pm with info. I am in a similar position as you and would like info.

#165 8 years ago

How do you switch to something that hasn't been announced yet? Just curious, not trying to be critical. I'm also waiting on a premium, and while the rumored Ghostbusters is not my dream theme, I am also not against it (unless they'd base it on the remake) so I'd also be curious what would make someone switch at this point.

#166 8 years ago

Look, I'm not going to break the trust of those that helped me make the decision. First off, thanks to them for helping me because it wasn't a decision easily made without facts.

I have now seen the facts needed to know that I'm excited for the switch and can't wait to be one of the few to have a GBLE. The theme has always been there for me and just needed a little more of a push to make the switch.

Everyone has their own tipping point and reasonings to do something, it's all opinion based.

GoT is great and the premium will make everyone happy. GB is just going to make me happier, the layout and toys are more my style and the theme I have a personal attachment to, so I'm in.

#167 8 years ago

Look, I'm not going to break the trust of those that helped me make the decision. First off, thanks to them for helping me because it wasn't a decision easily made without facts.
I have now seen the facts needed to know that I'm excited for the switch and can't wait to be one of the few to have a GBLE. The theme has always been there for me and just needed a little more of a push to make the switch.
Everyone has their own tipping point and reasonings to do something, it's all opinion based.
GoT is great and the premium will make everyone happy. GB is just going to make me happier, the layout and toys are more my style and the theme I have a personal attachment to, so I'm in.

Does your source have any confirmation on SMVE?

#168 8 years ago

I haven't asked, but I did talk to a distributor that is quite sure GB and SMVE are the next two titles, just no idea which will be released first.

#169 8 years ago

Big mistake I think got is amazing and Dwight is doing the code rumor has it Lonnie is heading up the code on ghostbusters good luck with that

#170 8 years ago

So when GB is in production and you can't wait for it to be released are you going to pull your spot and switch to the next unannounced stern?

#171 8 years ago

Whatever of titles they have done in the spike system got is by far the best I am sure you can have faith I mean wwe was fantastic right?

#172 8 years ago

I hope I am proven way wrong; would love for every title to be awesome

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I hope I am proven way wrong; would love for every title to be awesome

But we all know that won't be true. Not every title can be great. Some are, but others are ... Sorry, others can be turds. And you cannot tell based on theme if a game will be good or not. So many things go into it. The design, the programmer, the bom, the drivers of it. If Lyman is on it, your odds are good, but it will take a long time to get good. A while back they tried to promote Lyman so they could say he was on every game. Stern knows as well as anyone that his name can sell a game.

So you're completely right.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Big mistake I think got is amazing and Dwight is doing the code rumor has it Lonnie is heading up the code on ghostbusters good luck with that

I don't know why Dwight doesn't get more love. I'm a huge fan of POTC, and GOT is another great job by him. I think sometimes we focus only on the number one and two guys and forget the great creativity shown by people who haven't become a huge name in this hobby.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know why Dwight doesn't get more love. I'm a huge fan of POTC, and GOT is another great job by him. I think sometimes we focus only on the number one and two guys and forget the great creativity shown by people who haven't become a huge name in this hobby.

I think more of it as "anyone but Lonnie" From what I can see his code is uninspired and pretty formulaic. From what I can see it is almost like a played 1 and you have played them all sort of ruleset vibe.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think more of it as "anyone but Lonnie" From what I can see his code is uninspired and pretty formulaic. From what I can see it is almost like a played 1 and you have played them all sort of ruleset vibe.

That can't be said of Dwight. I'm not as familiar with his other work, but POTC and GOT are completely different.

#177 8 years ago

Agreed. I think Dwight is solid. Isn't he whom came in to bat cleanup on STrek?

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Premium and LE get the same playfield treatment. That's the way it has always been.
Only cabinet, backglass/translite and exterior trim get different options.

Not always - aprons have been different between Premium and LE. Example - AC/DC had light up translucent red aprons.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does your source have any confirmation on SMVE?

next

#180 8 years ago

mnpinball is right

#181 8 years ago

I assume GB is based on the NEW movie. Hope its as good as the original.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Nope. Based on the old characters. Conceived and licensed before new movie was even a thing.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Have you been under a rock the last month + ? LOL

#184 8 years ago

Not under a rock, just no actual confirmations or confirmed news that I have seen. And that is good news

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Nope. Based on the old characters. Conceived and licensed before new movie was even a thing.

No offense to the female cast, I liked Bridesmaids and the new film will most likely be funny but how many pinheads would buy GB based on the new film? Not too many in my opinion, I hope theres lots of this guy.

rick-moranis-ghostbusters_(resized).jpgrick-moranis-ghostbusters_(resized).jpg

#186 8 years ago

Anyone get shipping confirmation yet?

#187 8 years ago

I was told end of January by distributor. Was hoping next week.

#188 8 years ago

End of January? Bummer.

#189 8 years ago

my distributor has heard nothing still ! I called yesterday ! I scheduled a launch party tournament Feb 6th at rock fantasy . I am starting to wonder if it will be here by then even ? with all the spidey hype it's almost feels like this is forgotten ! fingers crossed it drops soon ! waiting is not my best trait ! lol fingers crossed !!

#190 8 years ago

Yeah. Just got an email from distributor with same thing...heard nothing yet. So not sure if now it's end of January or no timeline given at all! All the Spider-Man hype and it appears Stern has moved on. It would be nice for an update from Stern on what's going on in the factory. I think they are dropping the ball as Premium has potential to outsell both Pro and the LE. Now I know how the Kiss Premium customers felt when GOT came out!!!

#191 8 years ago

I have a GoT premium on order and I understand from my distri (in Europe) that they are expected beginning Feb

#192 8 years ago

Pros are in the same boat - nothing like announcing a new title when you can't even get GOT, Met, or TWD off the lines. I'm waiting for all 3 of those to get to by distributor...

#193 8 years ago

So they have this huge facility, but can't seem to make/ship any games? Sounds like customers have been waiting forever for games to arrive and yet they announce another title when they have a backlog that they don't seem able to satisfy. I don't understand the method behind the madness I guess.

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I don't understand the method behind the madness I guess.

$$$$$$$$$$$

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

So they have this huge facility, but can't seem to make/ship any games? Sounds like customers have been waiting forever for games to arrive and yet they announce another title when they have a backlog that they don't seem able to satisfy. I don't understand the method behind the madness I guess.

From what I understand the delays have nothing to do with their production speed, but the speed at which their suppliers can get them the parts. Not sure which ones but since the problem has caused delays over many titles, I'm guessing the cabinet company they use is having issues.

#196 8 years ago

I see one distributor received a shipment of games, hope others are as well and we can start receiving the orders some of us have been waiting on.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I see one distributor received a shipment of games, hope others are as well and we can start receiving the orders some of us have been waiting on.

Where did you hear this? My distributor is having mine drop shipped right from Stern. Am I at any disadvantage of getting my game from drop shipping then if it came from a distributors actual inventory?

#198 8 years ago

GOT premium in France: januari 28th (seen on a website in France)

#199 8 years ago

Good news! At least we know they r shipping.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

GOT premium in France: januari 28th (seen on a website in France)

Happen to have the web link?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-update/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.