Topic Stats

• 436 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 67 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2016-02-14_13.26.47_(resized).jpg
2016-02-14_13.26.22_(resized).jpg
2016-02-14_13.26.31_(resized).jpg
2016-02-14_13.26.04_(resized).jpg
IMG_2343_(resized).JPG
IMG_2343_(resized).JPG
IMG_2347_(resized).JPG
IMG_2334_(resized).JPG
IMG_2336_(resized).JPG
IMG_2335_(resized).JPG
IMG_2319_(resized).JPG
IMG_2326_(resized).JPG
IMG_2327_(resized).JPG
IMG_2321_(resized).JPG
IMG_2318_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't assume that everyone is in the market for the same title. Stern has been successful by always having a catalog of titles available for customers to purchase. New games don't "steal sales" from other games. They'll all find buyers.

I don't assume, but I believe that Star Wars or Ghostbusters theme appeals to the same crowd that like Game of Thrones. They are also "dream themes" that at least I know will spark my interest if GoT Prem. is delayed. I am sure there are a lot of others out there like me.

Now if the next game announced is say another music band themed game I would not be interested one bit. Just my opinion.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I don't assume, but I believe that Star Wars or Ghostbusters theme appeals to the same crowd that like Game of Thrones. They are also "dream themes" that at least I know will spark my interest if GoT Prem. is delayed. I am sure there are a lot of others out there like me.
Now if the next game announced is say another music band themed game I would not be interested one bit. Just my opinion.

I'm assuming that you assumed wrong. My friend is in on GOT prem but is disgusted with the thoight of a GB pin. Me? I love the show game of thrones and have very little interest in owning a Ghostbusters. Now jimi Hendrix, I'm listening...bring it on!

So I'm assuming rare hero is right that we shouldn't assume everyone likes all the same themes even if it's the same genre...I presume.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm assuming that you assumed wrong. My friend is in on GOT prem but is disgusted with the thoight of a GB pin. Me? I love the show game of thrones and have very little interest in owning a Ghostbusters. Now jimi Hendrix, I'm listening...bring it on!
So I'm assuming rare hero is right that we shouldn't assume everyone likes all the same themes even if it's the same genre...I presume.

Disgusted by a Ghostbusters pin? I can see having zero interest in it, but disgusted?

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My friend is in on GOT prem but is disgusted with the thoight of a GB pin

Oh hai, Rob T!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I love GoT, but have no interest in the pin. I love Ghostbusters, and have lots of interest in that pin!

#105 4 years ago

I guess we all should never assume. As they always say it makes and ASS out of U and ME.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Disgusted by a Ghostbusters pin? I can see having zero interest in it, but disgusted?

Yeah I also find that to be a really weird comment.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

My Pro just got here (Massachusetts) on Tuesday. I had thought with the delays it would be January, but I guess I got lucky. I forgot to check the "Build date", but I'll have a look when I get home.

The build date on my Pro was December 10th.

#108 4 years ago

Man, I saw this thread blow up and was like "Hell yeah, must be a big update", but come back to hearing someone would be disgusted by a Ghostbusters pin (is that even possible?). Like I said, if Stern announces it before my GoT premium is ready, peace be with the throne, I'm calling the Ghostbusters.

#109 4 years ago

You guys crack me up on the ghostbusters comment. Point is, someone used absolutes with their assumption that people who like the ghostbusters theme appeals to those who like game of thrones and I was just merely stating that's not true. Maybe the majority? Sure. But my comment was supposed to be a comical one and since some of you missed the point of the post I will leave you with this emoticon ...

PS- and assuming I am correct, I used the pinball playing emoticon so no slandering retorts are allowed

#110 4 years ago

EDIT: PM'd instead

#111 4 years ago

Glad you guys are getting your games. GOT is fun from what I've played on location.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yeah nothing like those great dots of Kirk & McCoy running on the enterprise. Lets not confuse ST with a game that has great dots.

I had to do a double take... you think ST doesn't have good dots?

The transporter bonus x
The pop bumper dots
Tons and Tons of Mode dots

It has some of the best dots of any modern pin! They are on theme and well integrated. They just have that toon feel which is great to see.. instead of all that direct lifted FMV like Iron Man, Spiderman, etc.

#113 4 years ago

Mid Jan is my best guess right now.. I'm not sure anyone knows for sure is where the frustration is coming from.

JJ

#114 4 years ago

Well I hope we get some more concrete news on ghostbusters before then, because I'll switch my order. Man I really wanted it by Christmas and I paid mine off way back in early October. What a bummer.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Well I hope we get some more concrete news on ghostbusters before then, because I'll switch my order. Man I really wanted it by Christmas and I paid mine off way back in early October. What a bummer.

It been a huge bummer.

JJ

#116 4 years ago

Pics posted on Stern's FB account:

GOTP1.jpgGOTP2.jpgGOTP3.jpgGOTP5.jpgGOTP6.jpg

#117 4 years ago

I guess Winter is really coming!

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I guess Winter is really coming!

technically today is the first day of winter

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

technically today is the first day of winter

I think that's tomorrow. Super LE pins incoming with a build date of DEC 22, the day of the winter solstice! Winter is coming

#120 4 years ago

That must be my Premium!

#121 4 years ago

Gex,

In your unbiased, pinball enthusiast opinion, is it worth holding onto my pin funds for another month?

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

GEX,
Any distributor level knowledge on GB? Should I hold onto my money for another month?

Not to pick, but do you really think they would answer that? That could get them in hot water for sure...

#124 4 years ago

Wow, that's a lot more ... blue than I was expecting.

It looks like Winter was coming, came, and then melted.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

That must be my Premium!

Might be mine, international orders ship first

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

looks good to me! I am digging the blue!

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, looks a bit more water world than winter

#128 4 years ago

I love the blue playfield with the snow effects... really nice effort addressing concerns on the initial playfield art, I was not a fan of the desert look.

#129 4 years ago

Sorry, but that looks like crap! I love Stern, but no way can this playfield art or color be defended. Pure ugly!

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Sorry, but that looks like crap! I love Stern, but no way can this playfield art or color be defended. Pure ugly!

Agree. Actually prefer the desert now. They really fumbled this art.

#131 4 years ago

I like the artwork. For contrast could have used a bit more snow (white). I assume the blue is ice. I still think its the best art package of the three, in my opinion.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I like the artwork. For contrast could have used a bit more snow (white). I assume the blue is ice. I still think its the best art package of the three, in my opinion.

Have to see it in person. I feel like it might be photographing bluer than it appears in person.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Have to see it in person. I feel like it might be photographing bluer than it appears in person.

I agree with you.

#134 4 years ago

Yep, reserve judgement until its seen in the flesh me thinks. A lot of people ripped the LE apart on first sighting, but then did some serious back-pedalling when they saw it in person. IMO the premium looks really good.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I assume the blue is ice.

Looks like a stone wall to me, when you look at it closely.

#136 4 years ago

I love the look.
Much better then the desert.
The Pro and LE remind me of Pirates of the Caribbean.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Might be mine, international orders ship first

Not with that coin door

#138 4 years ago

I know the talk of ghostbusters was brought up in this thread. I saw there was a picture leaked by stern showing an artist drawing of what looked like a back glass. Pic was removed. It appears gb is next. Does this change anyone's mind with got deposit that has not gotten their game? I'm paid and in already so I staying the got course! It's looks like very soon got Prem is shipping. Maybe next week to start? Just wondering others thoughts.

#139 4 years ago

You guys do realize it's the same general color scheme as Tron? Same blue but less art gaps in the playfield... you can't hate one and like the other based on the color.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

you can't hate one and like the other based on the color.

That doesn't actually make sense. Yes you can.

#141 4 years ago

I thought there was to be an upper PF in the Prem.
No sign of it in the photos.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I thought there was to be an upper PF in the Prem.
No sign of it in the photos.

There will be.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I love the look.
Much better then the desert.
The Pro and LE remind me of Pirates of the Caribbean.

And that would be a problem...why? I LOVE the POTC playfield.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And that would be a problem...why? I LOVE the POTC playfield.

As do I.
I do not recall mentioning that it was a problem.
It is just when I first walk up to one, the first thing I think of is Pirates and not GoT.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

As do I.
I do not recall mentioning that it was a problem.
It is just when I first walk up to one, the first thing I think of is Pirates and not GoT.

Ah! Only because you KNOW what a Pirates PF looks like. Most people don't.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Not with that coin door

Ha true, good spotting

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Not with that coin door

Where's that coin door heading? What's the difference between doors?

#148 4 years ago

1 slot is Euro, more then 1 is USA. (usually)

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

1 slot is Euro, more then 1 is USA. (usually)

How do u know it's USA and not Canada ?

No tourny button though. Dang

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That doesn't actually make sense. Yes you can.

Then it's not the color at issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside