IMG_2336_(resized).JPG
IMG_2335_(resized).JPG
IMG_2319_(resized).JPG
IMG_2326_(resized).JPG
IMG_2327_(resized).JPG
IMG_2321_(resized).JPG
IMG_2318_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 8 years ago

Creating this to keep track of what people have heard about the status of GoT premium. My distributor states they are in the dark and have no idea. Stern won't give me any info whatsoever and keep stating to have the distributor call sales (which they have with no information). Does anyone have information on how far out from the line this is and when expected shipping is? With a lot of other options on the horizon or can already be shipped, I'm debating on cancelling my preorder.

#2 8 years ago

*cricket* = what I have heard

#3 8 years ago

They are just shipping LE's. Premiums are a month or two out. This has been the plan all along.

#4 8 years ago

I just paid for a premium so hopefully soon but I am sure I am low on the list

#5 8 years ago

I heard mid-december from distributor earlier this week, but I think that is a pipe dream. Realistically I am guessing mid to late January.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

They are just shipping LE's. Premiums are a month or two out. This has been the plan all along.

Jody was on Twitch last month stating early December and that was right after my distributor stated end of November. Either way, Stern needs to be much better at letting people know what's going on and quit pushing it things off onto others. The price range of these things calls for it. Getting "Have your distributor call sales" and "Stay tuned!" be the answers is unacceptable at $6K+. It's ok to run behind schedule, but keep us up to date!

#7 8 years ago

Why even preorderer a Premium in the first place? They're not going to sell out.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Why even preorderer a Premium in the first place? They're not going to sell out.

I agree. However, what I think what is tripping some pinheads up is they don't expect it to be a pre-order they think it will ship right away. When I paid for a KISS Premium I was told it would be built and shipped in a week or two but it took well over a month. That was after they were already shipping some Premiums. Premium being the last is now taking a few months to get out the door. Seemed like they were a quicker to complete runs at the old facility. Appears that they are having a hard time of giving any solid estimates since they are just learning how to get things running smoothly at the new facility.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree. However, what I think what is tripping some pinheads up is they don't expect it to be a pre-order they think it will ship right away. When I paid for a KISS Premium I was told it would be built and shipped in a week or two but it took well over a month. That was after they were already shipping some Premiums. Premium being the last is now taking a few months to get out the door. Seemed like they were a quicker to complete runs at the old facility. Appears that they are having a hard time of giving any solid estimates since they are just learning how to get things running smoothly at the new facility.

Had not considered that angle. It's easy to forget many people don't read entirely too much Pinside.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

My friend has been waiting 5 months for his KISS premium. It still has not arrived...

Rob

#11 8 years ago

What I assume about sterns shipping practices is that international games ship first. Most likely to the Aussies first, because transportation takes the longest time. Then to Europe and Finally to Canada. Because Chicago to Toronto is only a half day drive, the Toronto guys will receive their games first. Probably as the first domestic USA games are being built and coming off the line. We know this to be true because Frolic (in Toronto) received his GoT LE and twd first.

With that being said, I ordered on October 16th a GoT Pre. My distributer in Toronto said I was one of the first to order and that mine will be in the first truckload. I asked them earlier this week about delivery and they told me that stern told them "late December, no dates yet". Originally I was told early December but The LE games seemed to be delayed by 2-3 weeks.

I plan to take some unboxing pics before New Years. Fingers crossed.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My friend has been waiting 5 months for his KISS premium. It still has not arrived...
Rob

That sucks. I think in his situation he absolutely deserves an explanation directly from stern.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Who is his distributor?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

If I were him I'd demand a refund. Kiss is looking to be another abandoned game not worth the pricetag

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I were him I'd demand a refund. Kiss is looking to be another abandoned game not worth the pricetag

Jody from Stern said that there would be another KISS code update coming around Christmas. He mentioned this just yesterday on Dead Flip's stream, so KISS is not quite abandoned yet.

Also, I just spoke with a major U.S. distributor who said GOT Premium is still at least 2 weeks out from shipping.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Also, I just spoke with a major U.S. distributor who said GOT Premium is still at least 2 weeks out from shipping.

I'm still surprised it's taking this long for my Pro to be ready. Hoping for this coming week.

#17 8 years ago

So I put a deposit down for a Pre in late September. This is my first NIB. So is it safe to say if they go first come first served that I will be on the first truck load? I live in Western New York.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Jody from Stern said that there would be another KISS code update coming around Christmas. He mentioned this just yesterday on Dead Flip's stream, so KISS is not quite abandoned yet.

I hope it is a big one because it deserves and needs it! Such a cool layout and lighting.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

#19 8 years ago

My distributor said possibly this year, but more likely early January, which I translate into "late January". OK by me, I just have a small deposit down.

#20 8 years ago

Kiss Prem and GOT Prem are on the latest build list from Stern listed as "Late Dec"

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

So I put a deposit down for a Pre in late September. This is my first NIB. So is it safe to say if they go first come first served that I will be on the first truck load? I live in Western New York.

The US market is different than Canada. We don't have a handful of distributors here. So I'd guess that it depends on when your vendor gets their truckload in. I don't imagine that it's as simple as one truckload to the east coast.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I could understand this. If he missed the first batch of games delivered to his vendor and the factory hasn't made another run yet. Then your stuck waiting.

#22 8 years ago

My distributor said that it will drop ship directly from stern.

#23 8 years ago

I have a deposit on one with Automated Services - told it will be January.

#24 8 years ago

I'm keeping my money in my pocket until they are ready to ship. If they were ready today I would order today, but as it is I will be waiting in case another game pops up I want.

#25 8 years ago

Yeah I'm close to pulling out. I just had to get the thing paid off before my wife changed her mind and spent the money lol. But I thought I would know a little more on when I could expect it to ship.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I just paid for a premium so hopefully soon but I am sure I am low on the list

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Mr le didn't go le? lol

#27 8 years ago

Lol. I'm in the same boat. Trying to keep over $6000+ in my bank account without spending it on priority purchases instead of a toy is hard! I almost want to just give my distributor the amount paid in full just so I know it won't get spent on something else! I just have a deposit down now.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Lol. I'm in the same boat. Trying to keep over $6000+ in my bank account without spending it on priority purchases instead of a toy is hard! I almost want to just give my distributor the amount paid in full just so I know it won't get spent on something else! I just have a deposit down now.

please don't tell us a pin is gonna wipe out your bank account. not. smart.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

please don't tell us a pin is gonna Wipe Out your bank account. not. smart.

A lot of people have 'pin funds' and when you put those funds in your bank getting ready to buy from a distributor rather than a used one for cash, it'll sometimes sit. Some of us actually have wives and kids, and When you have $6k extra in your budgetary funds you can get a little over relaxed ....especially around the holidays! So I get where he's coming from, spend the pin funds while its there.

Life isn't always as easy as saying, hey babe I put $6,000 dollars in our bank account. Let's not touch it for awhile.

#30 8 years ago

No. Not gonna wipe out the account and still can pay bills. I'm not stupid but I can always find something else to buy my wife would rather have! Like a 7 day cruise! Lol.

#31 8 years ago

Just wondering if its been confirmed if got premium will have a metal apron like the LE or a plastic apron like the Pro?

#32 8 years ago

Wish I knew, but other than the render and feature matrix, this version has went pretty dark. I wish Jared would comment on this.

#33 8 years ago

Anyone get a lowdown from their distributor in the last few days. Stern states there's an update, so something is there

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

nyone get a lowdown from their distributor in the last few days. Stern states there's an update, so something is there

What and where did you hear an update from Stern? About the Prem?

#35 8 years ago

I asked on Facebook a few days ago, they said there was an update but the distributor had to call their sales rep to get it. My distributor waits to get the info and won't reach out, so I was hoping someone else got the lowdown from their distributor.

#36 8 years ago

Prem or an LE? I am on the fence on this one. I normally buy LE's but the art work sucks IMO. I think the art work Suck on many of the past LE's. So, this may be my first Prem buy. That Back box art is awful! Even the side armor look like crap. I guess you have to see it in person.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Prem or an LE? I am on the fence on this one. I normally buy LE's but the art work sucks IMO. I think the art work Suck on many of the past LE's. So, this may be my first Prem buy. That Back box art is awful! Even the side armor look like crap. I guess you have to see it in person.

Unboxed my LE last week & it looks very nice in person. Don't go by the pics on the website, see if someone near you has one and check it out in person. I have a feeling you won't be disappointed.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Unboxed my LE last week & it looks very nice in person. Don't go by the pics on the website, see if someone near you has one and check it out in person. I have a feeling you won't be disappointed.

I went with the LE for this reason. I had heard in person it's very nice. The gloss black side armor looks great and dragons on the cab look really good. Hope to get mine soon.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I love when people say something looks like crap or plays like crap when they have never actually seen nor played it in person. (specifically related to the armor comment)

#40 8 years ago

I would have went LE but looking at the feature matrix I was fine with what the premium offered, but now with no info on shipping and I have no pins in my house at the moment, I may just get something else.

#41 8 years ago

I would have went LE but looking at the feature matrix I was fine with what the premium offered, but now with no info on shipping and I have no pins in my house at the moment, I may just get something else.

Premiums will probably ship within a few weeks. If its a title you want it wouldn't hurt to be a lil patient

#42 8 years ago

Didn't you have the same issue (getting information/shipping date) for your WWE LE machine last year?

Brad

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Another big code update later this month

I've heard from multiple people in the business it's a lot to do with vendors. Metal parts and Churchill cabinets have been an issue with supply.

Can't blame Stern, JJP, Planetary MMR for lack of product if there is a shortage of parts to build the product.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Didn't you have the same issue (getting information/shipping date) for your WWE LE machine last year?

Kinda, except that was more constant misinformation and communication from sales to distributor. This is just a complete lack of anything after Jody stated that we would get them end of Nov-mid Dec. If this was some item that was 100 bucks and Amazon didn't update their shipping tracker, I probably wouldn't care but this is a 6k+ machine. When having my car built at the manufacturer, I was given constant updates on where it stood, what delays happened, and when I could expect it. I don't know why they just can't be more open to their customers when it comes to information, it would go a long way in winning our support. And why do I have to contact my distributor to have them contact sales to get any info? It's just all wrong to me.

#45 8 years ago

Thanks for the information, I was just curious as I thought I remembered you being frustrated previously. Good luck with everything.

Brad

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Can't blame Stern, JJP, Planetary MMR for lack of product if there is a shortage of parts to build the product.

This is a rare case where I disagree with mnpinball.

Consistent and recurring issues with parts suppliers is the fault of the manufactures, even for special purpose parts. This happening from time to time is understandable, but the fact that basically seems to always be occurring means they are not applying the right tactic in dealing with their own vendors.

#47 8 years ago

Actually stern is not behind at all. This is the reason they do not give exact days of release for games or code prior to when they are ready. Stern hasn't promised anyone any date, so to say they are behind simply isn't true. When they don't set a deadline there isn't one to miss.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

This is the reason they do not give exact days of release for games or code prior to when they are ready.

Simply zero excuse for delays on "release of code". Pins I get, code I don't.

#49 8 years ago

Still, I'm not asking for an exact release date, just an idea. I don't care if it even keeps changing just give the info. Why did Jody say anything at all last month if they didn't have an idea? So, they are behind off what he stated. I know if Stern announced SMVE or ghostbusters the week of the 21st, I'm out on this pin.

#50 8 years ago

Where is everyone getting the week of the 21st for announcement of the next release? Just curious if it's past history or if there is actually any truth to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-update/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.