Topic poll

“GoT premium or SMve”

• GoT premium 71 votes
    76%
  • SMve 23 votes
    24%

(94 votes)

#1 8 years ago

Since the price point is close, which game would you purchase?

#2 8 years ago

Both seem to play well and be fun. Without a lot of time on both it comes down to theme preference. Both will sell well either way too. While I'm not big on SM or GOT, I do like medieval pin themes so GOT prem for me.

#3 8 years ago

It's gonna be a landslide victory.....

#4 8 years ago

I think Spider-Man has a better layout than GoT and majorly kills GoT on code. Not saying GoT code is bad it just can't compete with Lymans Spider-Man in strategy, stacking, fun factor, or depth. Spider-Man is one of the top 3 Lyman coded games in my opinion. If you like Lyman-styled rules, Spider-Man is your game.

Flow wise both are Steve Ritchie and both shoot great. GoT might shoot a little smoother due to wider ramp openings but the ramps are hindered by things like ball lock and upper playfields. Spider-Man has 3 ramps and almost all the shots are extremely satisfying.

#5 8 years ago

What do you guys expect to pay for Spiderman VE?

#6 8 years ago

$5500 and a lot of people would have been in on it, including me.

#7 8 years ago

smve and gotle lol

#8 8 years ago

SMVE sucks.

#9 8 years ago

The price of SMVE is killing me

#10 8 years ago

Looks to me you'd be getting more for your money with GOT.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

$5500 and a lot of people would have been in on it, including me.

Let someone else open the box and buy theirs next year for $5500. It could happen.

#12 8 years ago

I dunno. Spider-Man VE offers pretty much what LE version of games come with now a days and even includes the shaker. I'm not saying it's a great value, but it's every bit as much worth $6500 as GoT premium or such.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I dunno. Spider-Man VE offers pretty much what LE version of games come with now a days and even includes the shaker. I'm not saying it's a great value, but it's every bit as much worth $6500 as GoT premium or such.

I've been trying to make this point a bit. Next to my KISS premium (exactly the same price) SMVE looks pretty well kitted out.
If they reran an exact replica of the original SM it would NOT be the same price as it was then.
Met pros shipping now are not even the same price they were at launch.

#14 8 years ago

Problem is people live in the past with prices which with a increasingly growing hobby the prices go up on everything . B-c pins that were 1500 a year ago are now 2500-3 k . Do we like it of course not but unfortunately thats what happens and will continue until people stop buying . I dont think that will happen anytime soon as there are many wealthy people in this hobby that like to have the newest things . Sucks for us middle class but we just wont be able to buy nib anymore or have to sell a few pins to get a nib.

#15 8 years ago

Any good callouts for SMVE? How could you replace J. K. Simmons or Macho-Man?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Any good callouts for SMVE? How could you replace J. K. Simmons or Macho-Man

Agree but thanks to pinball browser you can put those all right back in.

#17 8 years ago

I owned GOTLE for a day and it's already gone. I prefer SM. the new VE looks cool as well.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I owned GOTLE for a day and it's already gone. I prefer SM. the new VE looks cool as well.

Wow one day sure is a quick flip, you must have really hated it out of the box.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Wow!!! Your collection is not far off from mine. What turned You off on GoTLE???

#20 8 years ago

It was pretty. Lighting was awesome, and I love the tv show. Just didn't care for the layout, and the throne was kinda lame. Not a bad game. Just not my cup of tea. I do want to try out the pro someday, to see if I like it more.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Agree but thanks to pinball browser you can put those all right back in.

not as easy as it sounds

#22 8 years ago

GOT dude!!! Sorry totally bias vote as I want us to be able to play GOT pro and the premium and be a stones throw from each other. Haha.

#23 8 years ago

I was looking at both and I'm going SMVE. May consider GOT's down the road but not now. I just can't pass up a new SM.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Bad move. And who the hell keeps a pinball machine for a DAY???

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Bad move. And who the hell keeps a pinball machine for a DAY???

your mom does. (thread eject in 3...2...1...)

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

.... Not a bad game....

So I dumped a deep rules game in a day to try something else....

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

your mom does. (thread eject in 3...2...1...)

You've been talking to her again, eh? (And don't worry about thread ejects. I'm pretty much the Pinside Whipping Boy, after Kaneda...but I think I have a better sense of humor about it, so bring it on!)

I just don't get why you dumped that but kept Mustang, but to each his own, I suppose. Looking at all the great machines you've owned and dumped, I can only say that if you're married, I feel bad for your wife. She's clearly on borrowed time.

#28 8 years ago

I say you should own both. I already have a GOT LE with a Spider-Man VE on the way.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You've been talking to her again, eh? (And don't worry about thread ejects. I'm pretty much the Pinside Whipping Boy, after Kaneda...but I think I have a better sense of humor about it, so bring it on!)
I just don't get why you dumped that but kept Mustang, but to each his own, I suppose. Looking at all the great machines you've owned and dumped, I can only say that if you're married, I feel bad for your wife. She's clearly on borrowed time.

Lol. No. She's in the clear.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

That easy, huh?

#31 8 years ago

I still haven't played GOT Premium/LE, but I'm in love with the Pro. It's a very fun and addicting game.

SM is a great game. Some people may not like it, but it is hard to deny it's great. The rules are cool, but it does play a bit long. One thing I've always liked was the custom callouts by J. K. Simmons, and it looks like they are gone in the VE. I did watch a fairly short video of the VE and I didn't like the sound package. However, that might be that I just wasn't used to it. But I do think the new dots will be a lot better.

So I'd pick GOT. But if I hadn't played enough SM, it would be really tempting. And who knows, once I play the new one I might change my mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-or-sm-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.