You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

Hi,

Without trawling through the 100's of GOT pages, was there ever a consensus on how to make the ball sit in the throne?

Mine has been working fine for 6-7 months, now it drops out fairly regularly. Have tried putting a piece of foam at the front but doesn't always work. Plus the eject kicker needs a few attempts to get the ball out if it does stay in.

Cheers!

#2 7 years ago

Weird, mine's gone to shit lately as well. Bueller?

#3 7 years ago

It's lame that the ball does not shoot into the throne at a consistent speed. I can always tell when It's going to fall out because it shoots out of there like a canon. But then sometimes it comes out nice and slow (as it should). Seems like a software update could fix this but ti's been crickets for a long time.

#4 7 years ago

I recall reading that the kicker 'learns' the amount of force needed to frequently eject the ball.

However that doesn't help the ball falling out which is annoying. I thought adding the foam strip would fix it but not so...

#5 7 years ago

I think the best one I have seen are the speed bumps. Use cut post sleeves and put them across the track of the wireform.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the best one I have seen are the speed bumps. Use cut post sleeves and put them across the track of the wireform.

Interesting...might have to see a pic of that to appreciate how it works. Will have a look through the GOT threads.

If anyone else has any ideas, let us know

#7 7 years ago

whenever I have an issue I just move the wire form a bit, so that the ramp is as flat as possible. But mine works regularly for me. It's only after a tear down that I need to adjust it.

2 weeks later
#8 7 years ago

I was having this problem very infrequently for the first couple months on my LE. I just played the game of my life, little over 3 billion, in spite of the fact that the throne went to hell and decided to drop the ball immediately probably 6 times. I didn't get to pick my mystery prize once. Any more ideas or pics for correcting this annoying issue? Thanks.

#9 7 years ago

As Chuckwurt indicated above, I found adding two small rubber post sleeves did the job. They're not very noticeable and I haven't had a ball roll out since adding them a few months back.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

As Chuckwurt indicated above, I found adding two small rubber post sleeves did the job. They're not very noticeable and I haven't had a ball roll out since adding them a few months back.

Thanks for the pics! I will try this. Much appreciated.

1 month later
#11 7 years ago

Just for the sake of posterity (and I'm not suggesting this will work for everyone):

I never had the throne fall-out problem before, but I did have the left orbit issue. After spending 5 hours yesterday fixing everything and adding all my mods, I got the throne fall-out once the game was reassembled.

I tried the dead-drop C-shaped foam in the throne: The ball fell out.

I tried the rubber ring on the track to slow the ball down. Worked great until the ball knocked the ring further down the track, then got trapped in the rail and ended the game. Also, it looked like ass.

Just for shits and giggles, I figured that maybe if the habitrail leading to the throne had a little more play in it--and JUST a little, so the screws aren't screwed all the way tight--the slight movement might affect the ball just enough to slow it down and get it in the throne.

BINGO.

Perfect throne shots every time, and no extra crap in the game to get it done.

Like I said, it might not work for everyone, but it's worth a try if you're out of other ideas.

2 years later
#12 4 years ago

I'm using the mini rubber post donut fix for now, but the newest 1.37 code has a new setting to turn off the ball ever diverting to the throne. It will instead end up on the upper playfield. Hooray!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-le-throne-ball-hold-fix?hl=jlatko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.