(Topic ID: 203293)

GOT Premium / LE - Throne Ball Hold Fix (Revisited)

By Scantastic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jlatko
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B70EC6E6-7403-4C10-A7ED-8AA3F32DEC5F (resized).jpeg
034A3ADC-8A70-4960-ADFB-EEF340AD399A (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Three months ago I bought a new GOT Premium. Fantastic pin. From the very start, the ball fell out of the throne 50% of the time, which eventually increased to almost every time. Searching on google I came across the only relevant thread here at Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-le-throne-ball-hold-fix). I tried different combinations of the tightening and loosening of the ramp screws method without success. I didn't bother with foam inserts on the throne as that wasn't reported as being very successful. I never got around to finding and applying post sleeves to the ramp to slow the roll. I did however fix my problem to a 100% capture rate.
What I did was hold the ramp sucurely where it attaches to the wall by the screws so as not to break anything. I then bent the exit end of the ramp down slightly to place it closer to the throne. Now because there is less of a drop into the throne, the ball is captured every time. It doesn't take much to make that work.
Sorry for not posting on the original thread, but that one was old and I was not allowed to revive it because I am unverified. Hope this helps someone.

3 weeks later
#2 6 years ago

So the fix I described above failed completely. Apparently, all I did was make the leading edge of the ramp come up so the ball was hitting its edge a bit on launch, thus slowing the roll. Eventually, the ramp settled back down with greater than 50% failure of the throne catching the ball. I then purchased some rubber rings online and tried various combinations of number, size and orientation (parallel vs perpendicular) to track direction. Most attempts either did not slow the ball enough, or stopped it in its tracks. I eventually found a single ring placement parallel to track direction that is giving me 100% capture. I am including images of the placement as well as the specs on the ring.

034A3ADC-8A70-4960-ADFB-EEF340AD399A (resized).jpeg034A3ADC-8A70-4960-ADFB-EEF340AD399A (resized).jpeg

B70EC6E6-7403-4C10-A7ED-8AA3F32DEC5F (resized).jpegB70EC6E6-7403-4C10-A7ED-8AA3F32DEC5F (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#3 4 years ago

The new 1.37 code now has a setting to turn off the ball ever diverting to the throne. It will instead end up on the upper playfield. Hooray!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-le-throne-ball-hold-fix-revisited and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.