4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PersonX99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I have to pop in here and update my opinion. I was able to play a GB pro at Pintastic in an almost empty vendor hall yesterday morning so I could hear and enjoy what was going on. Had a great game (I always have beginner's luck on new machines, then it goes downhill from there!) Loved the game - it was a hell of a lot of fun.

So here's my revised opinion (and keep in mind I'm a GOT LE owner):

Gameplay - both machines are a blast
Art - both playfields are ugly as sin, but at least the cabinet on GOT LE is awesome
Sound/Callouts - both excellent, although it looks like Dwight just built GB on top of the already-coded GOT (slot machine, anyone?)
Music - Both good, although the GB theme gets on my nerves after about 5 seconds, whereas I can listen to the GOT theme all day.

What is comes down to is this: They're both excellent games, and it really comes down to which theme resonates with you more. I'm not sure how much "lastability" GB has in a collection because I didn't play it enough to know. GOT will be in my collection for a long time because you can approach that game from a thousand different ways.

#52 4 years ago

did you just compare GOT's art to GB's and say they are both ugly? GOT is ugliest stern since RS's. GB is one of the best looking ones. Shame on you.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did you just compare GOT's art to GB's and say they are both ugly? GOT is ugliest stern since RS's. GB is one of the best looking ones. Shame on you.

Nope. That whole machine is fugly...looks like somebody who won a middle school art contest did it. At least on GOT it's just the playfield. Shame on YOU for having no taste.

#54 4 years ago

just the playfield? So you think those translites on GOT are masterpieces?

#55 4 years ago

I really like GOT pro, cannot say the same for the LE/premium. Played GB and liked it, but as Derek said, I got a ton of air balls and it was a drain monster. I plan on owning Got pro and waiting to play GB premium before I decide..........Mustang, WWE, GOT and Kiss are four pins that should have taught us all to wait and play the pro &premium before we decide. Stern needs to ditch their two game approach and let their designers concentrate on making one good game.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

just the playfield? So you think those translites on GOT are masterpieces?

On the LE...yes. The rest are shit. So we kind of agree halfway.

#57 4 years ago

You know what I just realized? People from Wisconsin really just don't like me - even though I think they're awesome and have great cheese and brats. Oh, well...thank God for the 49 other states.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know what I just realized? People from Wisconsin really just don't like me - even though I think they're awesome and have great cheese and brats. Oh, well...thank God for the 49 other states.

Actually, probably everyone in WI likes you. We are easy going (well 99.9% of us, .1% has a stick up their asses). So we love all. Midwest mentality.

BTW, LE bg on GOT is horrible as well. That being said. AC/DC's premium translite is a piece of crap as well. Luckily aurich made it so I don't have to look at hairy man boobs.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually, probably everyone in WI likes you. We are easy going (well 99.9% of us, .1% has a stick up their asses). So we love all. Midwest mentality.
BTW, LE bg on GOT is horrible as well. That being said. AC/DC's premium translite is a piece of crap as well. Luckily aurich made it so I don't have to look at hairy man boobs.

I'm a hairy man boob. And I think we just don't agree on art at all, and that's fine. I don't mind the ACDC backglass, and I think the GOT LE back glass is awesome (but I'm a huge Targaryen fan, so...). The photorealistic hand-drawn art, for me trumps the childish cartoony art on GB. At the end of the day, it's all about how the games play, because they ARE games in the end, and both games are great.

The Hobbit art is better than both of those games combined, but...well...you know...

#60 4 years ago

I actually think the ACDC PREM back glass is better than both luci and Helen, I just love the hard rock nature of it which fits the theme better.

I haven't seen a GOTLE in person but I love the pics of the bg. Fits the theme very well especially after this past season.

1 week later
#61 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

GOT translites would have been better if they put in elements of the show that were not actors.

GB color scheme = "cotton candy vomit"...... but I will probably buy one cause it's a fun game.

just my opinion........

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 50.00
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spring, TX
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside