“BK SoF v GoT pro”

• BK SoF 41 votes
    48%
  • GoT pro 44 votes
    52%

(85 votes)

#1 1 year ago

What do you think is a better pin?

I’m talking pro because not a fan of the upper PF / cost of the premium.

#2 1 year ago

Can you make a poll.

#3 1 year ago

If your choosing between pro's I would go with
BK SOR.

#4 1 year ago

way to different to compare. Try both and decide for urself.

#5 1 year ago

What is BK SoF???

#6 1 year ago

I think GOT is very overrated here, simple layout, code is not finished for me, some sounds are terrible or lacking. And i'm a huge fan of the show. And if i have the choice, BK all the way.

#7 1 year ago

How can people even vote on this? Has anyone even played a BK SOR yet?

I’m sure that BK will in in a poll. It’s the new hot thing that everyone wants. But there’s been no gameplay footage that I’ve seen.

GoT is a tough game to learn all the rules, and I think that a lot of people that have dismissed the game haven’t fully comprehended the gameplay. Hence the lower rating compared to other recent releases.

I have GoT Pre but BK SOR looks really interesting. I don’t know how the two would play next to each other in a small collection. But it could turn out that both games are great in their own and different enough to both be considered keepers. Or they’re basically the same and then it all just comes down to theme.

#8 1 year ago

I played both. I like GOT pro more, but it’s close. Spinner is way more fun on BKSOR but GOT’s battering ram and dragon are way more exciting than the knight flail and shield/standup. You have to shoot the knights targets but they are such a drain hazard that I found myself frustrated by it.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m sure that BK will in in a poll. It’s the new hot thing that everyone wants. But there’s been no gameplay footage that I’ve seen.
GoT is a tough game to learn all the rules, and I think that a lot of people that have dismissed the game haven’t fully comprehended the gameplay. Hence the lower rating compared to other recent releases.
I have GoT Pre but BK SOR looks really interesting. I don’t know how the two would play next to each other in a small collection. But it could turn out that both games are great in their own and different enough to both be considered keepers. Or they’re basically the same and then it all just comes down to theme.

It’s out and on location, so people have played it. I played BK3 for several hours the other night and I immediately recognized the similarity to GoT in layout. BK rewards stop and go, pass and shoot play due to heavy right flipper back hand shots for light lock and shield. GoT is more about complex rules and because of that I would compare BK3 to TNA first. Catch ball, pass, shoot, recover, then repeat.

Both games are fun but hard to compare and will more than likely attract completely different players.

#10 1 year ago

GOT is a great under-rated game with a fantastic rule set and great layout. The moving battering ram adds to the gameplay and I prefer it over a stationary BK target.

BK SOF is a shoot the lit shot over and over trying to advance modes that seem to have little meaning. Chopping wood is good if you are into the objective and want to advance, but after a dozen games my arms got tired of chopping wood. The Premium/LE may have more depth but I have not played them yet. I need more time on BK to make a true decision but for now GOT by a mile.

GOT>BOK SOF

#11 1 year ago

Is BK3 > bk2000? Cuz I really like BK2000

#12 1 year ago

I prefer 2 ramp games so GOT for me.

#13 1 year ago

I love the ruleset on GoT Pro and it shoots really well - it takes time to really appreciate the depth in that game.

I played several games of BKSOR Pro and Premium this weekend and it has a very similar feel to GoT, but I didn't play enough to get a grasp of the ruleset. Some of the shots on GoT (especially the left side) are a little too close to the flippers - that is not the case on BK, so that is a plus on the BK side.

But, it will take some great code work to compete with what GoT has. So for now, my vote is GoT Pro over BKSOR Pro.

#14 1 year ago

I personally know two people within 5 miles of my house who already have the BK SoR Pro delivered and set up, meanwhile there's also one already on location. By Thursday this week, I may have played 3 different examples.

#15 1 year ago

I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Have you played both on location? I think the easiest way to decide what you would like is to spend time playing them. Everyone appreciates different aspects of games.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I personally know two people within 5 miles of my house who already have the BK SoR Pro delivered and set up, meanwhile there's also one already on location. By Thursday this week, I may have played 3 different examples.

What’s your opinion of game?

#17 1 year ago

Having played both, GOT is way better in my opinion.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I prefer 2 ramp games so GOT for me.

I was thinking this too, I still don't fully understand GoT rules. But to me SOR has better lighting, better display, better art (imo) but GoT has maybe better layout and more shots/ramps which I like.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It’s out and on location

Quoted from Yoko2una:

two people within 5 miles of my house who already have the BK SoR Pro delivered

Wow, I didn’t realize that there were so many out already. I haven’t been following the BK thread in the last couple weeks. It’s thousands of posts deep since I looked at it last, back when the teaser video was first posted.

#20 1 year ago

Wow, I didn’t realize that there were so many out already. I haven’t been following the BK thread in the last couple weeks. It’s thousands of posts deep since I looked at it last, back when the teaser video was first posted.

Yeah. It was kind of a surprise to me too. But two of my friends have theirs and I’ll play those over the next few days for league and I’m going into Boston tonight for a comedy show and hope to play the one on location. Very psyched to give this a whirl, especially across different setups, pitches, tilt settings, and whatnot.

#21 1 year ago

Stern knows how to ship games quick as a wink.

Gary must have watched Glenngary Glenn Ross.

"Get them to sign on the line that is dotted"

"Always Be closing!"

he knows the surest way to get money is to ship pins while the interest is high.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern knows how to ship games quick as a wink.
Gary must have watched Glenngary Glenn Ross.
"Get them to sign on the line that is dotted"
"Always Be closing!"
he knows the surest way to get money is to ship pins while the interest is high.

"Do you see this pinball machine? It cost more than your car."

#23 1 year ago

If you want a fairly simple game with a great toy, bk

if you want a great shooting game with great depth to the code, got pro

1 week later
#24 1 year ago

Finally got to play both games last night. I also watched 2+ hrs of GoT tutorials so was more in tune to the rules for thrones. I had not watched more than a few minutes of BK beforehand. While playing was able to pick up the rules of BK on the fly.

Overall think GoT flows better nice ramps. Has more complex rules but I didn’t get very far but probably would be great in home collection.

BK however had much better art and while the animations are hit or miss the display is way better than GoT even with the color DMD.

Theme GoT is better for me but both are great with BK D&D vibe.

Lighting way better on BK I’m counting the PF inserts as well as the back wall fire on BK almost top of any pin while GoT is just average.

Sound of the pins didn’t really hear much since was crowded arcade with music playing overhead.

Toys gee think BK wins because only toy on GoT was dragon. But neither had great toys.

Fun to play I’m gonna say BK but only played 6-7 games so may be too soon to say.

Right now BK gets my vote.

#25 1 year ago

I’m in the same boat. Can’t make up my mind between GOT and BKSOR.
So thinking of getting a Luci for the win.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

"Do you see this pinball machine? It cost more than your car."

"You know what it takes to play pinball? Silver balls."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside