(Topic ID: 24428)

Got My TSPP Home, Played My First Game, and.......

By RobT

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by taylor34
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flyer.jpg
TSPP_pinball_score.JPG
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

The garage door is an easy fix, just a stronger coil is all you need. Did that to my friend's like 3 years ago, no problems since.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

LOL yes it very well may be at the moment. But it won't be when it leaves the shop and goes into the house
Mine is home use only. But that doesn't mean perfect. But the cabinet and playfield have zero issues so it will be perfect when I'm done. As it stands, I need to fix the garage door, the auto plunger, clean and wax it, and finish the LED job (or redo it I guess is better to say). Still I don't think it was a bad deal at $3800.

Nice.

Mark, I've had some really nice HUO pins, but this TSPP really went beyond HUO, and I would use a word to describe it that I almost never use: MINT! It was incredible. Honestly it looks like it got virtually no serious play. The garage was in perfect condition. Since I've been playing it, I can already see ball marks on the garage door that were not there when I got the pin. Amazing condition. I got it from a guy that I've done plenty of trades with in the past, and he got it from the original owner.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ok can one of you guys tell me how the garage door works? It seems it has more than 2 states - open and closed. There are times it seems partially open. Is this how it is supposed to work or is something wrong that I need to investigate?

A few possibilities re the droopy door:

1. The bracket that holds the coil could be a little bent--if so, just bend it back.

2. Existing coil could just need a new sleeve/plunger cleaning.

3. Or just upgrade to a Stern 24-940 coil (as the service bulletin recommends).

Good luck & congrats to you and Rob on a great game!

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from NM:

A few possibilities re the droopy door:
1. The bracket that holds the coil could be a little bent--if so, just bend it back.
2. Existing coil could just need a new sleeve/plunger cleaning.
3. Or just upgrade to a Stern 24-940 coil (as the service bulletin recommends).
Good luck & congrats to you and Rob on a great game!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely figure it out. I'll check that coil since it was a service bulletin. But since it probably worked out of the box, revusinf and cleaning the mechanism probably will work as well.

Quoted from RobT:Nice.
Mark, I've had some really nice HUO pins, but this TSPP really went beyond HUO, and I would use a word to describe it that I almost never use: MINT! It was incredible. Honestly it looks like it got virtually no serious play. The garage was in perfect condition. Since I've been playing it, I can already see ball marks on the garage door that were not there when I got the pin. Amazing condition. I got it from a guy that I've done plenty of trades with in the past, and he got it from the original owner.

And this does sound pretty nice . Anxious to see if both of us like the game after a month.

#55 11 years ago

Mark, what is your build date? Mine is November 2007.

#56 11 years ago

You guys are really notating it easy for me to wait on finding one. TSPP is
On my want list but there are only a few up here.

Congrats!

#57 11 years ago

I had the feast or famine experience with my TSPP. I loved the game initially. I still miss it from time to time but then I always remember what I disliked about it the most. The short games were simply not fun!

Stacking modes, and making shots when firing on all cylinders was great. There were too many games though that ended from odd shots off the plunger and even when getting a mode or two, they just seemed repetitive. I guess you could say the game felt linear.

The best alternative to TSPP for me is TZ. It has a similar layout, but ball times are not epic and even the short games can be a lot of fun as each mode gets your blood flowing.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I had the feast or famine experience with my TSPP. I loved the game initially. I still miss it from time to time but then I always remember what I disliked about it the most. The short games were simply not fun!
Stacking modes, and making shots when firing on all cylinders was great. There were too many games though that ended from odd shots off the plunger and even when getting a mode or two, they just seemed repetitive. I guess you could say the game felt linear.
The best alternative to TSPP for me is TZ. It has a similar layout, but ball times are not epic and even the short games can be a lot of fun as each mode gets your blood flowing.

Did you just say each mode on TZ gets your blood flowing? You mean the modes where you continually hit the same shot over and over, lol? TZ has some of the worst modes of any mode based DMD in my opinion.

clock millions: shoot the clock over and over
slot machine: shoot the slot machine over and over
spiral: shoot the spiral over and over
greed: shoot the greed targets, the only mode that requires some thinking, lol
clock chaos: shoot the clock over and over
town square madness: shoot anything, mainly bumpers

There's no storyline, no flow, nothing to any of the modes. I understand liking TZ for what it offers, but modes definitely aren't one of it's strengths in my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 45.95
$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-my-tspp-home-played-my-first-game-and/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.