• Latest reply 11 years ago by Spidey171
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2010.jpg
photo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flake49.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

If you have received a tax return for three straight years, I would suggest spending a bit of time and recalculate your tax deductions. Letting the government use your money without paying you interest (which is exactly what you are doing by overpaying taxes during the year) is not good financial managment.
Nice collection though! Enjoy the machines.

Every time I hear people say this I chuckle....I'm assuming its one of those things guys heard their dad say 20 years ago and its simply regurgitated nonsense. Perhaps 20-30 years ago it had some validity when interest rates were much higher. However, at today's rates its simply not true unless you are actively investing your excess cash in the stock market or some other investment vehicle that is earning more than a meager 1%. $5000 * 1% * 25% tax = $37.50 in your pocket....lol....vster23, you should really learn to manage your finances better

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from royce6135:

This is important because the gov taxes you on your refund you get which is total bs.

What!? Lol....I'm a CPA and I can assure you this is not true. Unless you are referring to including state income tax refunds on your federal tax return. But this is only done if you claimed a federal income tax deduction for state income tax paid. In any event, if you are Average Joe tax payer this is generally inconsequential.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The stock market is at and all time high? Where are you getting this 1% from?

Read clearly man, I said UNLESS you are investing in the stock market or some other investment vehicle that is making more than 1%. If not and you are keeping your liquid savings in a typical money market or equivalent bank account (which many people do) your not even making 1% on that cash.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flake49.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-my-tax-return-got-a-new-pin?tu=Flake49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.