• Latest reply 11 years ago by Spidey171
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2010.jpg
photo.JPG
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

For the 3rd year in a row I got a new used pin with part of my tax return! Thanks to playpin35, I have a Time Machine! Also thanks to Stangbat for giving the line!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#2 11 years ago

If you have received a tax return for three straight years, I would suggest spending a bit of time and recalculate your tax deductions. Letting the government use your money without paying you interest (which is exactly what you are doing by overpaying taxes during the year) is not good financial managment.

Nice collection though! Enjoy the machines.

#3 11 years ago

Way to poop in his cornflakes.

#4 11 years ago

Bye the way enjoy the new pin!

#5 11 years ago

No one was asking for tax advice.

#6 11 years ago

Yah geeze man, let the guy enjoy his new pin.

#8 11 years ago

Good way to spend a refund

#9 11 years ago

Congrats Vster! Time Machine is a cool pin. I love how the sounds revert over to chimes.

#10 11 years ago

enjoy the time with the Time Machine vster23

#11 11 years ago

Good pin. I have one that's been waiting to get working for about 2 years.

#12 11 years ago

Nice and Congrats!

Dan

#13 11 years ago

Congrats! I'm basically doing the same thing.

And, believe it or not, sometimes you can get a refund even if you max out on your deductions.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

If you have received a tax return for three straight years, I would suggest spending a bit of time and recalculate your tax deductions. Letting the government use your money without paying you interest (which is exactly what you are doing by overpaying taxes during the year) is not good financial managment.

Congrats vster, always nice to get a new game.

Do not take amalongi's advice, here is my recommendation...I would suggest you spend a bit of time playing your new addition.

#15 11 years ago

Don't be too hard on amalongi, technically he's right. But for some people, letting the money pool somewhere inaccessible at least means you get a big chunk you would have trickled away had it been in your own control.

Bottom line, if it's getting you a new pin every year, I like your system!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

For the 3rd year in a row I got a new used pin with part of my tax return!

If your getting that much back on your return, you should reduce your withholdings and you can get your pin sooner. No sense Uncle Sam earning interest off your money!

#17 11 years ago

Congrats on your new pin. Enjoy

I agree on the taxes but it is not like your showing us BBB or MM with your tax money...

Then again same is true for the banks.... Do any of you have excess cash in the bank and no assets? LOL diversify.

Looks to be in nice shape post up some PF pics.

#18 11 years ago

One of the better "pre-DMD" pins IMHO, nice pickup.

#19 11 years ago

Thanks guys! I really enjoy it!

#20 11 years ago

I think the OP should diversify his portfolio.

#21 11 years ago

With interest rates at 1% and lower, this advice, while still valid, really isn't a big deal these days.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

With interest rates at 1% and lower, this advice, while still valid, really isn't a big deal these days.

True, but at the rate pins are appreciating these days, the sooner you have the cash available to buy one, the better.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

I always receive a tax return.

If you know anything about money management, you would know that this is a smart thing.

I always put it back into my portfolio. However, there is nothing wrong with rewarding yourself from time to time.

#24 11 years ago

Oh yeah, conrats on your new game!

Continue to take care of number one!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

While quite true, it's not all bad...a forced savings account without interest. You could do better yes, but if you're not good with saving money, it's one way to do it.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I always recieve a tax return.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

you would know that this is a smart thing.

Please explain to us money dummies what is smart about letting somebody else hold on to our cash for over a year.

#27 11 years ago

Congratulations, vstr! I can't think of a better way to spend a tax return. Time Machine is a really fun game. Enjoy!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

I would suggest spending a bit of time and recalculate your tax deductions. Letting the government use your money without paying you interest (which is exactly what you are doing by overpaying taxes during the year) is not good financial managment.

This is important because the gov taxes you on your refund you get which is total bs.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Please explain to us money dummies what is smart about letting somebody else hold on to our cash for over a year.

Unless you keep all of your money in a shoebox under your bed, you're already doing it.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Unless you keep all of your money in a shoebox under your bed, you're already doing it.

I guess I need to find a new hiding place.
At least in a bank you can get to it at any time!

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You have no idea what his tax situation is maybe he has diversified invesments, maybe he works a job where overtime fluctuates, maybe he is a buisness owner and needs to pay taxes quarterly, maybe he just likes getting a bit of a windfall once a year. Its not like he bought a fully restored MM, he bought what looks like a solid mid level machine that was not a huge budget buster. Regardless you still had to make a comment.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from DaveD:

Regardless you still had to make a comment.

Everybody's situation is different. I just saw no sense in overwithholding years ago.

#33 11 years ago

COOL! I just got one too, love it, I was so excited and snowed in , in Des Moines I set mine up in the hotel room, had about 20 people from work in there playing it... great pin, great value..!

IMAG2010.jpgIMAG2010.jpg

#34 11 years ago

By the way, nice score!

#35 11 years ago

You can get even more pins if you don't pay taxes.

#36 11 years ago

Never seen that pin before, I love the throwback to EM machines. Have fun with the new addition!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you have WOZ on pre-order. LOL me too. Guess we all do something wrong with our money.

Only the wait I am reffering to.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Do you have WOZ on pre-order.

At least you didn't buy into that MM remake scam 10 years ago.
And no I didn't order WOZ. I don't mind actually playing a machine before I buy it. My newest pin is 15 years old and has been played by many. Which suits me just fine.

#39 11 years ago

Congrats on the pin purchase!

#40 11 years ago

congrats on the new addition. if i have to do my taxes, i want money back dammit!!!!! enjoy the time machine

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Everybody's situation is different. I just saw no sense in overwithholding years ago.

How about under withholding and have uncle Sam tell you hey you overstepped your bounds on withholding our money then getting to do taxes four times a year? Not to mention if you use an accountant you get to pay him about quadruple. If that turns out to be the situation you may be pi$$ing a couple of time machines up a fence. Once again don't know his situation or yours but like you said.

Quoted from o-din:

Everybody's situation is different.

#42 11 years ago

Congrats on new pin! This thread is taxing.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from DaveD:

Not to mention if you use an accountant you get to pay him about quadruple.

If you can afford an accountant, then money is no object. You can owe $1000 and pay by April 15 the following year with no penalty and enjoy your pins NOW!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

Congrats on new pin! This thread is taxing.

Lol

#45 11 years ago

What's a tax return? Do you mean the government actually gives back money to the hard working people of this country? They only seem to take more money from me, more and more every year.
But, congrats and keep buying pins.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

But if you owe money, you have penalities, at least I did, once (and hopefully never again)!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

in Des Moines I set mine up in the hotel room

Lol! That's dedication.

#48 11 years ago

Congrats on the pick up!

Pinside isn't the place for financial advice, if you want that go here:

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

in Des Moines I set mine up in the hotel room,

Well, Zen, that was very selfish of you. You could have set it up at my house!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Well, Zen, that was very selfish of you. You could have set it up at my house!

I wish I knew more of you Iowa guys and I would have called.., I pass through a lot, Played a lot of pinball in your town...!! Time Machine is an excelent title, with a lot to offer for the pricetag, not to mention, the sounds this game puts out, so great..!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-my-tax-return-got-a-new-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.