Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2D_and_3D.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

I like the 2d glass, who knew. I bought a 3d and still haven't put it in, not sure if I will either. I spent stupid money on the game, with all the great mods, under can lights, the 2d is sort of like a alternate backglass. Hmmmm, what do you guys that have seen it in person think? I liked it much better in person.

Only reason I bought 3d was to snatch up a coin taker led back box kit

#2 11 years ago

I still like the first one way better.

#3 11 years ago

Well, if you or someone else is interested in selling the 3d one, I'm game. My wife wants both. =P

#4 11 years ago

I love the look of the 2d much better..

#5 11 years ago

I've got the original 3d translite on my machine, but after looking at the 2D version, I wouldn't be opposed to using it in place of my original. 2D or not, it looks really good!

#6 11 years ago

I was tempted to swap out the 3d on my LE for the 2D.....ended up framing the 2D and hung it up in my office at work

#7 11 years ago

I have the 3D with an LED backbox kit from Kimball's, and it has the cool portal animation. It makes a big impression with people when they see it.

#8 11 years ago

I got a 3d one with mine and installed it right away. I like the 3d effect, its something different from the rest of my machines.

#9 11 years ago

I have to agree with ovfdfireman. My tron came 2d and I have an extra 3d. I installed the 3d for about 5 minutes prior to reverting back. The color is very bold....

#10 11 years ago

I purchased the 2d tron and couldn't justify the 3d expense. I put the $ to use on other mods.

#11 11 years ago

I really like how crisp the 2D one looks, but I agree with jasonpaulbauer that the 3D one just has that different look about it compared to our other pins.

Bottom line is that I like both of them for different reasons and I'll swap them in and out from time to time to shake things up.

2D_and_3D.JPG2D_and_3D.JPG

#12 11 years ago

i never saw the 2D in person, but by the pics i prefer the 3D way better.
    the 2D is just a mix of all characters witch is cool, but the photos they used were from other promotion art posters from Tron. so as you can see, the light comes from different ways on each character. and clu as almost no light at all, looks like a big black ball with a yellow stripe. i don't like it..

#13 11 years ago

Love the game but always found the movie poster BG to be a boring looking disappointment for a translite, 3-d or not. Definitely like the 2-d version better. I like the fact that it actually features Tron.

Rob

#14 11 years ago

I don't own this beautiful machine, though I have to say I would think the 3D version would really tie the room together.

#15 11 years ago

3D version is my personal choice.

#16 11 years ago

Tron? where? i can't see it neither the 2D or 3D..

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

Tron? where? i can't see it neither the 2D or 3D..

This.

#18 11 years ago

I *hated* the 3D one when I first saw it, but now I've grown to really like it and couldn't imagine getting a machine with the 2D one on it...

...but who knows, in a month or two I might change my mind. I do feel like the 2D one looks a bit like Demo Man / Shadow, but I am like one of two people who actually really like those, so I'll probably come around to it.

#19 11 years ago

I prefer the 3D one. In person especially the 3D looks better because obviously you can't see the effect in pictures. The Kimball backbox kits is one of the coolest mods available and catches everyone's eye.

#20 11 years ago

I like the art on the 3D one better, but I like how crisp the 2D one looks. I just wish there was a 2D translite of the original art.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

I like the art on the 3D one better, but I like how crisp the 2D one looks. I just wish there was a 2D translite of the original art.

Couldn't have said it any better myself... The 3d looks blurry.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from wescor97:

Couldn't have said it any better myself... The 3d looks blurry.

Are you wearing 3D Glasses

#23 11 years ago

I'm just happy the the 2d trons looks IMO. The 3d backglass is wonderful as well and I will say looks much better in person.

#24 11 years ago

let's face it.. you don't look at it for a second when you are playing, so it could be a black square lol

#25 11 years ago

Anybody selling their 3d?

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from captkirk:

Anybody selling their 3d?

I asked first.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-my-new-tron-and-i-like-the-2d-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.