(Topic ID: 220060)

Got my AC/DC Premium playfield replacement and...

By Multiballmaniac1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by eabundy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

As a novice to working on pinballs I must say this a lot of work and could have been prevented with better quality control.
    Unwired my old playfield and packed it probably took me two hours. Putting the new one in will probably take me more. Also foam packing exploded all over rear of playfield..tiny pieces all over and under plastics.. should I blast it with canned air? Or just spend time wiping it all up with some novus 1 but those hard to reach spots....

#3 5 years ago

You’re a novice, which says it all. I would have been happy just getting a new playfield to swap in if there was a problem with the old one, and I would have had swapped out in about 15 minutes.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

You’re a novice, which says it all. I would have been happy just getting a new playfield to swap in if there was a problem with the old one, and I would have had swapped out in about 15 minutes.

Rofl

#5 5 years ago

wishful thinking, and kind a ridiculous comment....I can totally understand his frustration

#6 5 years ago

and the giant, ribbed, vibrating award of the day goes to...………...

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

wishful thinking, and kind a ridiculous comment....I can totally understand his frustration

He should help me do it in 15 minutes. He only lives 45 mins from me. I’ll buy the meth.

#8 5 years ago

that's what she said 15 minutes lol

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

He should help me do it in 15 minutes. He only lives 45 mins from me. I’ll buy the meth.

He should based on his completely ridiculous comment....that being said not sure u want him near your house.

#10 5 years ago

I “should” help?
    Must not be a novice with meth...

In all seriousness, where is the issue beyond packing peanuts? Yank a dozen or so connectors and pop it back in, you’re done, end of story and we can all keep the violin packed up.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

He should based on his completely ridiculous comment....that being said not sure u want him near your house.

I know. I was being sarcastic.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

“He should” “not sure” Let’s leave all the decision making up to you.

And hey “u” I wasn’t offering.

#13 5 years ago

It is a pretty quick swap if it was a populated playfield. Hit it with an air compressor to get the styrofoam out. I’m a small guy and I have no problem pulling these playfields in an out myself. An extra set of hands can’t hurt though. It’s all just connectors after that. Pretty quick plug and play.

Props to stern for doing the right thing. Apparently there was a defect and they replaced the whole populated playfield for you. Not sure what else you can ask for?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

and the giant, ribbed, vibrating award of the day goes to...………...

I ONLY will accept this award if it’s coming from your wife’s top drawer.

#15 5 years ago

Hey “u” I wasn’t offering.

Clearly, which is probably a good thing

#16 5 years ago

I think 15 minutes is a stretch. I agree it's just a series of connectors but a populated PF is awkward to slide in correctly without damaging unless you have help... maybe if you've done a hundred of them it gets easier; but I think even the most experienced it would take about twice that time.

Shit happens. Sometimes a screw falls off or connector bends/breaks.
    In a perfect world maybe 20 minutes not likely... Just my 2 cents.

#17 5 years ago

I ONLY will accept this award if it’s coming from your wife’s top drawer.

...I hope you know these people... Otherwise your comments make you sound like a douche not a dildo.

Noone inspects then swaps a playfield in 15 minutes. Who would not be anal and check all the new coils and diodes, so their machine does not end up with more issues in the long run???

#18 5 years ago

As a novice to working on pinballs I must say this a lot of work

Welcome to pinball. I am sorry you need to do a playfield swap.

Not the end of the world. You'll learn more about your game. And your game will be better when you are finished.

Keep up the good work and you won't be a novice long. You'll be fixing and cleaning with the best of them. And your games will love you for it.

LTG : )

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

...I hope you know these people... Otherwise your comments make you sound like a douche not a dildo.
    Noone inspects

Honestly, who cares?
    You can hope all you want, you don’t know me. It’s just pinball, not General Hospital.
    Sticks and stones, love.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

It is a pretty quick swap if it was a populated playfield. Hit it with an air compressor to get the styrofoam out. I’m a small guy and I have no problem pulling these playfields in an out myself. An extra set of hands can’t hurt though. It’s all just connectors after that. Pretty quick plug and play.
    Props to stern for doing the right thing. Apparently there was a defect and they replaced the whole populated playfield for you. Not sure what else you can ask for?

I once gave Whridlsoncestood a fully populated PF to restore and he grabbed it and carried it around like a stack of books. True story.

That being said I think some of these comments against the OP hold a lot of sarcasm...Pinball peeps being silly. If a 15 minute job takes someone else 2 hours to complete its all good if it’s done correctly. Now half a day from the OPs time = a beautiful new PF that will hold years of enjoyment.
    Good on ya

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I once gave whridlsoncestood a fully populated PF to restore and he grabbed it and carried it around like a stack of books. True story.
    That being said I think some of these comments against the OP hold a lot of sarcasm...Pinball peeps being silly. If a 15 minute job takes someone else 2 hours to complete its all good if it’s done correctly. Now half a day from the OPs time = a beautiful new PF that will hold years of enjoyment.
    Good on ya

That’s just it. To some people with more experience, this is business as usual, and not a big deal at all. I stand by my original comments, he’s a novice, as he said he is. It is a great day imo, when a play field shows up that’s new from Stern, doing the right thing and you can swap it in. I had an Iron Man playfield in and out of a game in 15 minutes, it’s not hard and it’s not rocket science.
    It’s a bad day when your switch matrix is out of whack, a coil fries up, or your game just won’t boot.

Things get taken out of context constantly on here, he’ll be okay going forward and be better experienced because of it.
    Now, time to get ready for Pintastic!
    Peace and love and pop bumpers for all.

#22 5 years ago

My 2 cents. I would have had it installed in less time than it took to respond to all these stupid comments, and post here about how hard it is.. Packing peanuts a problem?? Good grief.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-my-ac-dc-premium-playfield-replacement-and?hl=lovelycoconuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.