(Topic ID: 136446)

Got my 1st Pin TWD Pro. Looking for Advice on protectors, balls etc?

By TBatti

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Bought my 1st PIN TWD Pro HUO. Looking for advice on protectors, wax, balls etc.......

Oh any those who will ask when is #2 coming. It will be soon I hope, I'm looking at ST Pro and ST TNG as well was WW.

#2 8 years ago

Novus 1 for plastics, Novus 2 for playfield. Cleaning that is.

Any pure carnauba paste wax is what you want. I use blitz.

Pinball life shiny balls

There are mods for protectors around the magnets, but other than that, I haven't heard of other trouble areas for wear on the pro.

If I had the pro, I would get some colored LEDs and add them to the blood bath insert, and the bullseye inserts, and tower insert to help catch your eye better. All the white inserts make it hard for when I want to know if certain stuff is ready.

Enjoy!

#3 8 years ago

Cool thanks. The previous owner did change some of the whites already. The problem with Pinball Life is shipping is rape to Canada.

#5 8 years ago

I don't even know if the new Stern are 1 1/16 size balls but any ways does anyone have thoughts on these ebay balls?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I go these. No idea about those eBay ones you found.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

Shipping is too expensive, actually it's more than 14 balls I had in my cart $36 to CDA. I did look at those thank you.

#8 8 years ago

Ahh gotcha. Well those eBay ones are the right size. You're probably fine.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ahh gotcha. Well those eBay ones are the right size. You're probably fine.

Just wondering about the material they are made from and if they will have magnetizing issues the like Silverjets? Not sure if the ebay ones will be the same as the silverjets for composition of material????

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Shipping is too expensive, actually it's more than 14 balls I had in my cart $36 to CDA. I did look at those thank you.

Welcome to the world of owning a pinball while living in Canada. You will soon learn to make bulk orders once every 7 months so you don't feel like you are getting completly shafted on shipping. Or make a trip down south for a few hours and go pick up the parts yourself.

Pinbits, Cliffy, Pinball Life, Marco will become yours dear friends / or enemies depending on the way you look at it

Get the balls from pinball life...the stern ones suck unless the person that owned the game before switched them.

Congrats on your first pin.

#11 8 years ago

Man. You sure picked an easy one for your 1st.

Good luck ! You'll need it !

#12 8 years ago

Machine is "drop dead" gorgeous. And also the most brutal ass kicker I've played. Makes Flash Gordon look like tic-tac-toe !

#13 8 years ago

I used pop mylar around the magnets. Id also change out flipper rubber to reduce black dust. Great game only getting better.

#14 8 years ago

Try Translucent or any color Titan Bands.

#15 8 years ago

Visit my posts and mod post for twd helps hope you enjoy and don't forget the voice mod as it is the bestone

#16 8 years ago

What type of cloth do you use to apply wax or does it even matter what you use. I picked up some caranuba wax today. For TWD and for my ST TNG.

Also was told to use simple green to clean the PF.

#17 8 years ago

Do not use simple green on a new stern. Use novus 1 or 2 to clean the pf with a micro fiber rag. Use one of those micro fiber pads for the wax

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do not use simple green on a new stern. Use novus 1 or 2 to clean the pf with a micro fiber rag. Use one of those micro fiber pads for the wax

Just use simple green on ST TNG and Novus 1 on TWD then?

#20 8 years ago

I also bought a washable micro fiber cloth for wiping but I thought you didn't put cleaner on it.

My head is spinning from all the responses I don't know what to use? Lol

#21 8 years ago

I personally wouldn't use simple green on any pin. Don't know about the older ones but simple green is some pretty harsh sh*t. Novus on micro fiber cloth is how I've cleaned all my pins for past 8 years. I only was like once or twice a year.

#22 8 years ago

Pin tech who does a lot of machines uses simple green on a cloth and wipes the machines religiously. So this is why I'm confused by all the simple green hatred lol

#23 8 years ago

I'd ask around for more opinions. I personally wouldn't use it. Especially not for home use environment. Game does not get near as dirty as a location pin.

#24 8 years ago

I only use simple green for black ball swirls on the playfield. I use a magic eraser and put simple green on it, then rub gently on the area with ball swirls back and forth. Don't use a ton of elbow grease, it can lift paint off.

Also, go to a hardware store and get a big ass pack of microfiber clothes. Can never have too many. Then when I run through them all, I just wash them and reuse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-my-1st-pin-twd-pro-advice-on-protectors-etc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.