image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Time for another thread with the intention of keeping folks updated on what we are working on. Some of these will be Stern licensed mods and some will remain solely from us.

We will be offering some deals that will be bundled so you can save money as long as you have some patience. We are continuing to work in decreasing our time from inception to product release.

We recently won first place in a start-up competition starting with 55 teams and beat out the top 8 to win first place. With that, we now have some investment cash to take it to the next level.

Here is the beginnings of the list.
1. Resin cast walls for the castle
2. 4 sided battering wooden ram cover DONE
3. Door cover
4. Plastic protectors (6 pieces for Prem/LE) DONE
5. Playfield fire effects DONE
6. Undercab lighting with multiple modes DONE
7. Fire topper, either standard alone or a great enhancement to the Stern topper
8. Interactive elk head DONE

#2 8 years ago

This is an early 3d printed prototype for the castle walls made back in August. The end product will consist of 3 walls to replace the 2 dimensional plastics. It will include the arches and will also have detail for the inside of the castle. These will be designed by a 3d artist, hand painted and be resin cast.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 8 years ago

What's GOT without some fire...obviously still waiting for our machine.

#4 8 years ago

Plastic protectors in Marketplace

GOT Pro
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27202
photo-2.JPGphoto-2.JPG

Got Prem/LE (2 extra pieces for the castle)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27211
photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPGUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Our first prototype of the battering ram. It replaces the current plastic on the assembly with a wood grained cover. Anyone is the U.S. With an LE? I need to send you this one for fitting. I am concerned about a bracket on the castle that may rub.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Thanks, we are working on making the front to cover as much metal as possible too.

2 weeks later
#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Is it possible to make a light kit that changes colour to match the action buttons colour?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-light-mod-help-spike-electrical-question#post-2806617

I can look into it. I installed an Orange undercab kit with our LED controller to pulse like flames.

#24 8 years ago

Battering ram in development, working on a butt plug replacement.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#28 8 years ago

Working on a head for the battering ram.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Holy shit!! That looks amazing Tim!

Still gotta make it, that is just the image.

#42 8 years ago

Need to do something with this from my new contractor.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#43 8 years ago

Walls for LE/Premium coming soon, hopefully we have something to show next week.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Just got my LE and see an immediate need for a plastic - the Iron Throne kicks the ball haphazardly out of the chair and it comes crashing down randomly on different plastics in front of it. A crystal clear formed plastic in front of the chair that could block the ball from landing on the other printed plastics and direct it to the right and over to let it drop into the right orbit would be awesome. I can't imagine any LE owner not buying that mod - protecting the game is most important, but also putting the ball into the orbit would be even better.

I will check it out and get a solution.

#53 8 years ago

The pyramid replacement for under the dragon on the Pro.Pyramid_meereen.jpgPyramid_meereen.jpgIMG_3847.JPGIMG_3847.JPG

#54 8 years ago

Prototype battering ram elk head. Working on the high resolution version.

IMG_3837.JPGIMG_3837.JPG

#55 8 years ago

Fire for those boring dome covers.IMG_2813.jpgIMG_2813.jpgIMG_2812.JPGIMG_2812.JPG

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I really like it! When can I order?

Probably this weekend most of this will be available.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Stern is putting a metal protector on it now.

1450478583534-606997463.jpg

Our pyramid has a thick bottom so it should hold up to ball hits.

#62 8 years ago

3d walls in the works.IMG_2819.JPGIMG_2819.JPGIMG_2820.JPGIMG_2820.JPG

#63 8 years ago

Prototype battering ram (elk) head illuminates when the shot is made. Fills in the dead space on the ramps.
IMG_2821.JPGIMG_2821.JPG

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah, I know. It was a quick fix. But that's why we count on the modders to give a better fix to problems like that.
Speaking of which, I'm loving my battering ram proto, Tim! (For everybody else: That's an inside joke, btw...)

I got it, we will get one out early next week.

#67 8 years ago

Looks like we have a couple of functional items to get fixed for GOT. We will be working on the sword lock to prevent balls from getting stuck and fix the balls from popping out of throne on the LE. Stay tuned.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#74 8 years ago

New design for the battering ram!

IMG_2644_(resized).JPGIMG_2644_(resized).JPG

#78 8 years ago

Battering ram development for empty space, interactive when the battering ram is hit.

IMG_2659_(resized).JPGIMG_2659_(resized).JPG

IMG_2657_(resized).JPGIMG_2657_(resized).JPG

#79 8 years ago

Update on the textured walls. Should have casting samples soon.

IMG_2669_(resized).JPGIMG_2669_(resized).JPG

IMG_2670_(resized).JPGIMG_2670_(resized).JPG

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Looks like the ball would chip the sides of that battering ram.
However the design is amazing.

We are gong to change the design to have the same side dimensions but will have the curved top to give it a more 3 dimensional look.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

No way to get that elk head onto the ram, huh? That'd look awesome. Some kind of new clear plastic?

There will be an elk head on the front to match the length of the nub or plug on the front.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How much for that badboy? Looks great!!

We have not finalized pricing yet.

1 month later
#88 8 years ago

Large Battering Ram Elkhead moved to the spinner LED

#89 8 years ago

Almost finished for the Pro battering ram. Still have to make fixes to fit the Prem/LE.

IMG_2694_(resized).JPGIMG_2694_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#98 8 years ago

More wall prototypes made for fitting. Should end up being 3 pieces, cast molded and hand painted.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Mezel, looking good! Could look a little more grungy on the paint job. A bit too tidy for a medieval castle wall...

The prototype is not painted yet.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

Is it possible to get unpainted walls? And when do you think battering rams and walls will be available?

Sure and this week for the pro and early next week for the premium/LE

#108 8 years ago

Pro this week, le/ premium week after.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Looks good! Ram looks to be a bit heavier that the stock ram. Any results to report about the hit/success rate?

I have played with several of the prototypes and I did not notice a difference. If it changed the game play I would not sell it. Just like the stock one, it needs almost a direct hit.

1 week later
#118 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Was a little toasted that day...
But from what I can remember, think we had to pull it all out to get the ram to come out fully. Think the ram was stuck in there.

To get the original out you have to remove the bottom bracket. Its just a quick removal of 6 screws. The ram was installed at the factory first then they attached the castle.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Must be a different setup than the Pro. I assume that's why you have two different Rams available on your site? I almost bought the Prem/LE by mistake.

The pro is easier. The toughest part is removing the top plastic and dealing with the little black spacers. When removed they roll down the playfield and putting them back in is a small challenge. But worth it.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Black spacers from hell
Hehehe...

I still owe Marcos for the spacer I borrowed to make the two I lost in your game.

#123 7 years ago

In other news, we have another modder interested in joining our team.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What kind of turnaround time is typical from payment to shipment? My first purchase, so not sure what to expect.

I think Kristin says 5 days. A new product may be delayed due to popularity. You can always send her a note via [email protected].

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

My first mezel mod purchase was the TSPP duff beer can. Think I got it in 1 to 2 weeks.

She must of did that on purpose.

3 weeks later
#135 7 years ago

Front wall test shipped to Brock for casting.

2 weeks later
#140 7 years ago

We are certainly struggling with this. We do plan on finishing it. It's already designed, having issues getting the master produced.

1 month later
#143 7 years ago

Resin molded wall made and painted by Brock at Pinball customs. We still need to add the gate for the left opening. The right opening hides the sling shot assembly.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods?tu=tmezel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.