Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by visi0n
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I went to update my GOT, I downloaded the file onto a thumb drive and inserted into the USB port. It recognized the and said "press select to update" which i did. It then said update failed. Then not sure if I removed the thumb drive before powering down or powering down then removing but now its turns on, just says Stern Pinball on the display, and the LED indicator blinks twice fast. PLEASE HELP.

Shane

#2 8 years ago

Did you tell your computer to remove the hardware from the USB before pulling it out? Yanking it out prematurely can corrupt the file. Also, is the file a .BIN?

#3 8 years ago

no it is a .spk file. I did eject from the computer. But even with no thumb drive, it is just stuck at Stern Pinball.

#4 8 years ago

My GoT Prem did not recognize the first 2 USB thumb drives I tried. Sounds like you got farther than this.

Did you try a fresh download?

#5 8 years ago

I had this happen too, if two or more sticks fail the SD card is having some problems. I called STERN and had a new card shipped to me with the newest code already installed. It only took about 3 days to get to me, and the best thing you can still play the game with the old code and card until it arrives.

#6 8 years ago

Does that ".spk" mean SPIKE? I wasn't aware that there was a difference between the systems?

#7 8 years ago

The game will not even boot at this point? That means bad SD card? It was working fine. Ugh

#8 8 years ago

It letwrally does nothing. I redownloaded the update, ejected it properly. Inserted drive, powered up and nothing, does not boot.

#9 8 years ago

Sounds like you'll need a fresh SD card pre-loaded.

#10 8 years ago

Just Spoke with Chas at Stern, they're sensing a new SD Card.
Thanks for the help.

#11 8 years ago

I don't have a SPIKE game yet but for my SAM games, I've have had many cases where certain thumbdrives didn't agree with the machine for whatever reason. (Goldie Locks - Too Big, Too Small, wrong file system, etc)

When that new SD card comes in, it may be worthwhile to make an image of it for personal backup reasons.
(Create an Image / ISO from the SD Card and save to your computer.)

If you are on a mac, Disk Utility will do it. On a PC, PowerISO is a good solution, I'm sure there are others as well.

Another thread on that if it helps: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cloning-duplicating-stern-spike-sd-card-on-newer-stern-pinball

Good luck- hope your epic game gets resolved soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-le-update-fail-please-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.